2,502 students|Broward

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Just right (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Effective (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Teacher (1 response)

Everglades High School
Grateful to: Teacher

Posted March 10, 2016
I would love to thank two former teachers, Mrs. Sharon Brown and Mr. Dennis Caltagirone. Mrs. Brown for giving me a dedicated work ethic and Mr. C for unleashing my creativity.

Posted March 10, 2016
As a former graduate of Everglades, I felt the need to write a review about my experience. There will always be negative reviews about the type of students and teachers, however my opinion has always been, "If you enter with a negative attitude, you will always end with a negative experience." There are definitely some great teachers but there are those few that are less than average. If the student puts in effort and hard work, they will enjoy their experience here. If they expect to cruise by, they will not. Simple. Everglades offers several AP courses and after school programs. I was involved in the school newspaper as an editor, front office intern, dance team and Thespians, the school's competitive drama club. I graduated 5 year ago, shortly before former principal, Dr. Fetscher retired and I definitely do not regret my decision in attending Everglades. I left Everglades with a great education and amazing knowledge that allowed me to attend and graduate from the University of Miami. I look forward to one day sending my future children to this school.

Posted May 12, 2015
I am currently a sophomore at Everglades, and I think the school is FABULOUS. Many of the negative comments are so old, they date back to when Dr. Fecher was the principal. Mrs. Darbar has really helped to turn the school around. All of the teachers I've had are passionate about the subjects they teach and are really invested in seeing their students succeed. If you are a hard worker, you WILL be successful at Everglades. The school offers more than a dozen AP courses for students who really want a challenge. The school also has so many awesome extracurriculars to participate in, from sports (our Lady Gators flag-football team has won districts three years in a row), to the arts (our band, choir, and theatre company win excellent and superior designations at competitions all the time), to leadership (clubs, class office, and SGA give students the opportunity to take on leadership roles). The school has made me feel so included, and I truly feel like a part of the Everglades family. I am a proud Gator, and would strongly recommend EHS to any incoming student!

Everglades High School 3

Posted November 11, 2014
Average public school. Not very special in terms of departments, although they offer several arts programs that are good.

Posted September 16, 2014
Excellent teachers and very involved administrators. Students are very involved and there are lots of activities and clubs

Posted September 16, 2014
Great school with positive and involved teachers and active parents. The school is very well run, with lots academic opportunities, clubs and activities and doing a great job preparing students for elite universities and colleges.

Everglades High School 1

Posted September 12, 2014
This school sucks they never listen to what you want you ask them to do one thing and they do the exact opposite, the staff is horrible and rude and they all show favoritism, i hate this school so much and i'm forced to be here, the kids in the school are all rude and will lower your self esteem if you don't have as much of money as they do, i could say about 2/3 of the teachers don't know how to teach. Honestly going to school at everglades makes me feel like I'm wasting my time.

Everglades High School 4

Posted August 20, 2014
4 years later I appreciate my old high school like no tomorrow. I met all of my friends there. I wasnt the best student but I look back and realize I had great teachers. AP smith was the best. Just dont get on his bad side. Hes not as bad as people think he is. He always had my back. Not sure how the school is now. Just enjoy it and make the best of it.

Everglades High School 1

Posted June 06, 2014
I will gladly be leaving everglades high-school, and will not return gladly because of the need for reevaluation for teachers and staff. Why are the most critical subjects handed to teachers that can not teach?!! Also, Everglades is not a very pleasant school, and my experience during my time here was miserable. Some teachers tend to favorite others, and some teachers have TERRIBLE passing rates, I will never understand why they were rewarded as an "A" school. Why should I settle with a fake A school like this one? I have to say the best and motivating teachers at the school had to be the AP teachers whom show their care for the students besides their paychecks.. THE KIDS ACT TERRIBLE TO TOP IT OFF TRYYY TO ME

Everglades High School 2

Posted March 30, 2014
I think Everglades is good....what makes Everglades bad is that some students are mean to others and sometimes they don't realize the importance of education.

Everglades High School
17100 Southwest 48th Court, Miramar, FL  33027
Last modified Everglades High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.