527 students|Broward

Bad
Good

Posted January 21, 2011
I am the parent of a child in Kindergarden and my experience with Somerset has been nothing shy of exceptional. The staff is helpful and friendly and the teachers show their love for teaching everyday. My son is blossoming at this school and I feel very involved because his teacher does such a good job keeping me informed with his progress.

Posted December 07, 2010
Somerset Miramar has opened it's door for 3 years to academically challenge students. The teachers are well qualified and staff is friendly.

Posted October 21, 2010
I have a daughter who attends Somerset Academy Neighborhood School, She is in kindergarden and she is enjoying the school year thus far.

Posted October 14, 2010
I would like just to mention one thing, I had so much trouble with my child attending his previous school, he actually cried the entire year, day in and day out, every morning, he doesn't want to go to school, & after convincing him to let go, he would beg us not to take long to come back to pick him up. Now, in Somerset Academy, he is actually starting conversations with us, with his relatives on how much he loves this school, and how much he is excited about it, and about all the activities that he is doing in this school. For us as parents, we felt so welcome, teachers, and staff are so friendly, & professional. The level of challenge to the students & parents is intriguing, and promising of great results. We are as parents, are probably more excited to be part of this school.

Posted May 28, 2010
I am the parent of a 2nd & 5th grader at Somerset Miramar. I absolutely love the staff and am overall pleased with the school. In the beginning, there were obstacles but it has improved over the years. My only concern would be for other students and non-active parents: they can be a "big" distraction! I think that the school needs to have a mandatory classroom meeting once every semester with all parents in attendance. Aside from that, keep up the good work!!!

Posted May 18, 2010
I am a parent of a 2nd and 6th grader, this is one of the best schools in the are fro elementary and the best for middle schoolers. Very friendly and concerned about the well b eing of the students

Posted May 13, 2010
My daughter needs extra assistance which the school has been providing

Posted May 13, 2010
campus is great, instructors are great, meals are great, and extracurricular activities are great! i highly reccomend this school and i plan to send my 2 year old there when it is time for her to begin school. ~thank you

Posted May 01, 2010
My daughter is in her first year at this school after transferring from a local public school. Her level of knowledge has increased 100%. I am extremely impressed and happy that we changed her. I will be sending my youngest to Somerset once she becomes of age as well.

Posted April 30, 2010
I think that corriculum of the school can be improved and be more challenging. My daughter ( first grade) get easily bored. I see the incredible effort teachers do in the school just to make copies...

9300 Pembroke Road, Miramar, FL  33025
Last modified Somerset Neighborhood School is a Charter school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.