Miramar, FL
Students enrolled: 1,483
Before care: Yes

Glades Middle School 4

Posted August 02, 2014
I'm going to be an eighth grader soon actually. I've been in this school since 6th grade and it's nothing out of the ordinary. As a Cougar Path student in the gifted team, I definitely do enjoy my classes. Parents, please do not complain to teachers and staff about the enormous amount of 'homework'. Please talk to your children before making any assumptions about the seemingly outrageous amount of work our teachers assign us to do DURING CLASS. Also as a peer counselor, I get out of sixth period often to visit other classrooms to help out only to be greeted by that typical group of skippers. Make sure your kids hang out with the right people, especially at our age... We're somewhat rebellious and stupid? Fights do happen and if your kid is smart, they should steer away from them. All in all, this school is decent. Just make sure your kid doesn't hang out with the wrong people or they will most likely become like their group of friends.

Posted May 13, 2014
My son is graduating from the cougar path program. He has had a great three years. The teachers are awesome,amazing, and take time to answer all questions. He has never been bullied, and has lots of friends. The band program is amazing. I am so sad to see his middle school years come to a close.

Glades Middle School 1

Posted April 17, 2014
Full of Bullies. My child was threatened and later beaten by bullies. Then my son was thrown off of a set of bleachers and he fractured his ankle. The admin did nothing. I have gone in to many sessions where I was to meet with a specific teacher and was cornered by all of his teachers; instead of telling me what my son who is an ese student, would be receiving as far as help and accomodations is concerned; they wanted to tell me that he asks for bathroom priveledges too often and they are not happy about that. I feel the whole attitude of this school stinks. I love the SRO officer and a couple of the people at the front desk- the band director is awesome as well- no comments on the rest. I will move him as soon as I can find a spot. I am very disappointed and am just sick to drop him off at this place knowing at any time he will be jumped or bullied, and nobody will help him. Would not recommend this school to anyone.

Posted April 05, 2014
We were brand new to the area and my son had a tough time adjusting to 6th grade. However, the teachers and staff went out of there way to make adjustments to his morning routine so that he felt comfortable. I receive emails and phone calls in response to my questions in a timely manner (within 24 hrs). Most teachers have websites so parents can stay on top of what is happening in class. Pick up and drop off is organized. Safety is a primary concern and I see that with teacher, staff and student attitudes. I am proud to send my child to Glades.

Posted August 01, 2013
My school is a great school. My son is going into the 7th grade, had an awesome 6th grade year, made honor roll the whole year round... had great communication with all his teachers.

Posted October 08, 2012
Great School, Great Teachers and Staff, Great Administration and Great Students! What more can be said? As the parent of a 7th grader in her 2nd year at Glades Middle I can honestly say that any concerns I might have had about those "middle school years" have been erased. As an involved parent I have had the privilege of being able to observe the staff and students day to day and can say it is a great school to be a part of. Parents are involved, PTSA is very active and the staff and student body are always busy planning activities, community service and charitable events to enhance the academics and give back to our community. "A" school since it opened it's doors!!! Parents that are considering a charter school instead of Glades MIddle are doing their children a disservice. Don't believe the talk by the water cooler! This is a stellar school, and as such an innovator in curriculum for the Broward County District with the Cougar Path (S.T.E.M.) program. Their latest efforts are in meeting with their feeder elementary and high schools' teachers to ensure smooth transitions both to and from Glades Middle School...ingenious!

Glades Middle School 1

Posted September 28, 2012
My straight A High Achievement 7th grader was removed ( by no fault of his own) from a high achievement science class into another science class that was a full chapter behind. I came to the school for clarification on the matter multiple times & asked for a meeting to be scheduled No one willing to help us. - Multiple messages left with the 7th grade counselor & 7th grade Center. No one from the staff was professional enough to answer just a few questions about our concerns. I understand the new class size rule but this could have been taken care of in a more professional mannor. I cannot recommend this middle school.

Posted August 14, 2012
As a parent of 2 students who attended Glades from 2007 until 2010, I would like to agree with the last comment from a student which starts "I am going to be an eight grade at Glades". There are several reasons why I find Glades an excellent school. 1-The teachers are involved with the parent; I kept in touch with my son's teachers through email the 3 years he was there and not once did I encounter one that was non-cooperative. 2- The principal is well involved in everyday going ons... she knows the kids by their first names, she checks on them, she is out there every morning and every afternoon, helping with the traffic and overseeing the safety of the students. 3-The kids themselves are great. it doesn't matter what school you send your child to, if your child has bad studying habits, it is your responsibility as a parent to guide them and reinforce good habits so that they can succeed, there is no school that will turn a good student to bad or vice versa, the parents need to supervise and stop seeing school as the baby sitter they can afford. As for the curriculum, the clubs, the quality of school they are getting there is just as good as any private school if not better.

Posted August 13, 2012
I am going to be an eighth grader at Glades this year, and I love it! I am slightly annoyed that the April 19th comment could even say anything about the school, having never attended before. However, my time at Glades has been well spent and I refuse to change schools. In fact, my mom even thought about sending me to Franklin instead, but I told her to not even think about it! Also, regarding the "choking game" matter, it has already been addressed. First of all, your child would only be subject to the game if THEY chose to participate in its activities. After all, most cases of the game are of the individual choking themselves, not innocent others. Glades has wonderful teachers and staff, and now it has a new program called Cougar Path (initiated last year), which is similar to a S.T.E.M. Program (science, technology, engineering, and mathematics) which I am also part of.The past year included curriculum conducted in the brand new robotics lab, which was a lot of fun. This year I will be attempting to apply for American Heritage, an excellent school in the area, and I feel Glades has prepared me entirely for my high school experience.

Glades Middle School 3

Posted February 11, 2012
I'm currently going to this school. I am in 7th grade. For the new comers of this school, all i have to say is, the school itself is a good school, but just watch out for the effect of the students. You will change, either for the better or for the worse, I don't think I've changed. Even if I did, I think I changed for the better, I became nicer than i usually am, I work harder in school, other than that I never changed. I had a friend I've known since we were 3 years old and ever since 6th grade we rarely talk. If you are coming to Glades, let it change you for the better.. Also, if you want to have the proper friends, look closely. Don't go for the ones who are good looking, just because they are doesn't mean they are nice. Get to know them before actually becoming their friend. Like, ask people for information about them, don't make it sound stalker-ish though. Best of luck to you. The teachers there, I guess some are nice, but others are not, they have their own teaching strategies that actually work. I always did good in school right from the start in elementary school, and once i came to Glades, i started getting straight A's. I hope you enjoy your year in Glades!!

Glades Middle School
16700 Southwest 48th Court, Miramar, FL  33027
Last modified Glades Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Glades Middle School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 54 reviews. Top