654 students|Broward

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Just right (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Very effective (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Teacher (1 response)

Grateful to: Teacher

Posted May 22, 2016
My Son's teacher is exceptional !! She takes her work very seriously and is on top of everything.. great follow up and coaching...

Teacher effectiveness: Very effective

Posted May 22, 2016
i would say very very effective teachers. i love them and they love the children. very understanding and helpful..

Develops honesty: Strongly agree

Posted May 22, 2016
i see it so can confirm..that the teachers and principal are fair and honest. love the school...and the admin..

Posted May 22, 2016
excellent team leader. Ms Sandra Nelson is the best and she cares genuinely about the children and their development. Treats parents with great respect.. always makes the time to attend a meeting if requested. same with the teachers.

Posted August 20, 2015
The school, administrator, teachers, and even custodians are awesome! They all come to the school ready to teach and/or help people get to the right place. I was once a student since Pre-K (When they had the portables) to the last day of 5th Grade. In my opinion, this school would be the right place for your child. To this day in 10th Grade, I still come and visit the staff. NEVER have I encountered rude staff/administrators - once you walk into the office the front desk staff welcomes you. The teachers are awesome and are good at helping your child succeed.

Dolphin Bay Elementary School 1

Posted May 18, 2015
The administration is awful in this school. It is with reason so many teachers have left. I have had my children in this school for the past 4 years and the support from administration is horrible. I have witness things done by administration would not fly in any other school... Someone most know someone downtown! Also am taken back how administration treats the teachers... Granted all staff is appreciated however since when did teacher appreciation week become staff??? There is a secretaries day, boss day, even a cafeteria ladies day if you do the research... I am an involved parent and will remain until my children leave this school. I do have to add the only reason I have kept my kids there is due to great EDUCATORS that have remain through this dictatorship!!! Lastly but most importantly hope that your child does not get hurt or in trouble... because administration is NOT helpful. Again the teachers handle situations and circumstances quite well. I always keep a good relationship/presence with my children teachers ( in meet and greet, open house, and conferences).

Posted March 29, 2014
My daughter is attending Dolphin Bay since Kindergarten now she is on 2nd grade. I can say that this is one of the best school in Broward county. The principal Ms Nelson is outstanding in her work. She is a very caring mother and wants the best for her students. Mr Schmidt the assistant principal is very nice with the kids and always want to play with them and always there when ever we are looking for his help. My niece has attended other schools in Broward county and none of them can compare to Dolphin Bay elementary school. Ms Sandra Nelson deserves an A+ for Dolphin bay as well as all other staff members.

Posted March 29, 2014
Great school! My two daughters are attending since 2010. We have no complaint. They love that school so much that my husband got a promotion at his job to move out of state, we decided to stay until my oldest daughter graduate from Dolphin Bay. My kids told me that the teachers are very nice and they do not have any complaint about the students. Excellent school in West Miramar!

Posted March 20, 2014
I will have to disagree with the other posts. My two daughters are attending Dolphin Bay since Kindergarten.I can say that this is the best school so far for them. My oldest one is in 2nd grade and love the school. The principal Ms Nelson is very caring and cares about her students. The assistant Principal is very funny as my kids told me. I've seen him talking to the boys especially when they are behaving bad at school. He is a good guy. The office staff is very nice and caring. I live a block away from the school and will live there just because of Dolphin Bay. No other schools in west Miramar can compare that Elementary school. They are the best. I want to give them an A+. Thanks to Ms Sandra Nelson and her staff.I love you guys!

Dolphin Bay Elementary School 2

Posted November 13, 2013
I used to love Dolphin Bay Elementary until.....the school got a new Assist Principle named, Mr. B. Schmidt. I picked my sons up from school when I noticed my youngest son was not himself. I asked him what was wrong and he told me a classmate pushed him and the back of his head hit a pole and he fell down on the ground. He said "Mom, you and daddy were broken little pieces." I took this as he loss consciousness. I called DBE and spoke with Mr. Schmidt, I asked where was the supervision and why wasn't I called, he said your son should have told the teacher. How could he tell the teacher in his predicament. I called his pediatrician and was told to take him to the ER. We spent over 5 hours in the ER, my son was diagnosed with a concussion. The next morning Mr. Schmidt told me he investigated the incident and mentioned something totally different. A week later he told me he submitted my claim and I should hear something, after another week goes by I asked him for the number to claims. I called claims soon after I left the school; I was told Mr.Schmidt had just called before I did; he never called previously. This definitely makes me question his honesty, in which I have an answer.

16450 Miramar Parkway, Miramar, FL  33027
Last modified Dolphin Bay Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.