Posted March 29, 2014
My daughter is attending Dolphin Bay since Kindergarten now she is on 2nd grade. I can say that this is one of the best school in Broward county. The principal Ms Nelson is outstanding in her work. She is a very caring mother and wants the best for her students. Mr Schmidt the assistant principal is very nice with the kids and always want to play with them and always there when ever we are looking for his help. My niece has attended other schools in Broward county and none of them can compare to Dolphin Bay elementary school. Ms Sandra Nelson deserves an A+ for Dolphin bay as well as all other staff members.

Posted March 29, 2014
Great school! My two daughters are attending since 2010. We have no complaint. They love that school so much that my husband got a promotion at his job to move out of state, we decided to stay until my oldest daughter graduate from Dolphin Bay. My kids told me that the teachers are very nice and they do not have any complaint about the students. Excellent school in West Miramar!

Posted March 20, 2014
I will have to disagree with the other posts. My two daughters are attending Dolphin Bay since Kindergarten.I can say that this is the best school so far for them. My oldest one is in 2nd grade and love the school. The principal Ms Nelson is very caring and cares about her students. The assistant Principal is very funny as my kids told me. I've seen him talking to the boys especially when they are behaving bad at school. He is a good guy. The office staff is very nice and caring. I live a block away from the school and will live there just because of Dolphin Bay. No other schools in west Miramar can compare that Elementary school. They are the best. I want to give them an A+. Thanks to Ms Sandra Nelson and her staff.I love you guys!

Dolphin Bay Elementary School 2

Posted November 13, 2013
I used to love Dolphin Bay Elementary until.....the school got a new Assist Principle named, Mr. B. Schmidt. I picked my sons up from school when I noticed my youngest son was not himself. I asked him what was wrong and he told me a classmate pushed him and the back of his head hit a pole and he fell down on the ground. He said "Mom, you and daddy were broken little pieces." I took this as he loss consciousness. I called DBE and spoke with Mr. Schmidt, I asked where was the supervision and why wasn't I called, he said your son should have told the teacher. How could he tell the teacher in his predicament. I called his pediatrician and was told to take him to the ER. We spent over 5 hours in the ER, my son was diagnosed with a concussion. The next morning Mr. Schmidt told me he investigated the incident and mentioned something totally different. A week later he told me he submitted my claim and I should hear something, after another week goes by I asked him for the number to claims. I called claims soon after I left the school; I was told Mr.Schmidt had just called before I did; he never called previously. This definitely makes me question his honesty, in which I have an answer.

Dolphin Bay Elementary School 1

Posted August 15, 2013
Dolphin Bay would be a much better school if the administration were respectful to parents and teachers. There is a holy than thou attitude by its principal and vice principal. The atmosphere they breed is basically my way or the highway... Which makes it hard on involved caring parents who give of their time and resources to the school and the handful of truly dedicated teachers. It's a shame that our kids are being educated by this administration. The school PTA is not what it should be its mainly puppeteerd by the principal and her staff member of choice. It defeats the purpose of PTA which stands for Parent Teacher Association, it should be called the Sandra Nelson Association. Thru out my years at Dolphin Bay I had never seen such nastiness, I hope that with the schools dropping from A to B status our children are not put to blame for the schools inefficiency. Low test scores reflect a lot on teaching methods and teacher/staff abilities. I hope Broward County re-examen their choice in administration. It's time for a change, parents need to step up & voice opinions and not be afraid of retaliation. Empower yourself and SPEAK UP! It's your child at stake.

Dolphin Bay Elementary School 1

Posted August 14, 2013
Its always the same parents who help...and yet they are called a pone to help again and again...EVERYONE should be responsible to help with the school and their children s education.

Posted July 21, 2013
We love Dolphin Bay! Teachers are friendly and have high expectations. We are so lucky to have a school with such outstanding Specials. Ms. Protano does an amazing job with art projects, Coach is always getting kids moving, and Ms. White does a phenomenal job with putting together shows.

Dolphin Bay Elementary School 2

Posted January 15, 2012
Dolphin Bay is better that my elementary school, Silver Lakes. The reason why is because Dolphin Bay looks more modern, and a lot cleaner and nicer. They should renovate Silver Lakes is over 15 years old and needs to be renovated. It was built in the mid '90s. Silver Lakes is technologically behind other schools and looks outdated. It's suck in the '90s!

Posted August 23, 2011
I am still very happy and proud of this school, not only because it offers an excellent environment for children, but is also very led, focused on improving reading, writing and all aspects necessary for a good base for the guys in the future. I love the diversity of culture (ethnicity), because it gives children the opportunity not only knowledge but to respect them, without exclusion. I see that teachers and staff play an important role by inculcating respect, good manners in the students and are always mindful of the need for them. I believe that the classification of Dolphin Bay Elementary should be 10 and not 7.

Posted March 30, 2011
Dolphin Bay is one of the most exceptional schools in Broward County. The leadership, educators, and programming are wonderful. It seems that most of the parents whose children attend this school understand the relevance of a working parent-teacher relationship, which is evident in the number of parental volunteers. Get involved in the school and in your child's education. You will love DBE!

Dolphin Bay Elementary School
16450 Miramar Parkway, Miramar, FL  33027
Last modified Dolphin Bay Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Dolphin Bay Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 24 reviews. Top