Somerset Academy Elementary (Miramar Campus)

Charter | K-5 | 669 students

Posted May 8, 2010

Good School! Teaching staff is good and easily accessible via email. We feel safe sending our kid to this school - great security staff. School is clean, has a good library and play area for the little ones.

Posted May 6, 2010

I am satisfied with the school. The staffs are very nice and helfpful. one things is I wish they had more curriculum activities and allow parents to walk their kids to class the first day of school

Posted May 5, 2010

The spirit at this school is awesome! I see that my children are excelling in all areas. I have had both my children enrolled at Somerset Academy in Miramar since the school opened. Yes, in the beginning it was rough but, this school has come a long way. If you choose to read the negative reviews please understand that was written when the school was first opened and you would be doing an injustice to your child not to investigate the pros and cons of this school. For my family, this school is perfect and I would never take my kids out of this school. I believe the staff is great. The teachers are amazing! I could ask for anything more. I LOVE THIS SCHOOL but, more importantly MY KIDS LOVE THIS SCHOOL!

Posted May 5, 2010

I'm very please so far with the school. My daughter have attended this school since 2nd grade and I paln to let her finish her years there. The staff could be a little more pleasant towards the students. I haven't had a problem myself but I know of some parents who have. I must say that teachers must remember that most of them are parents themselves so treat each student as they would want a teacher to treat their own.

Posted May 5, 2010

I simply love Somerset Academy Miramar, their teachers are awesome, it is a well managed school. The principal is involved in all areas.

Posted May 4, 2010

I love this school because they have excelent teachers, the learninf ssytem is very good and I feel that my kids are safe there. also the school is clean and they love be there

Posted May 4, 2010

Overall I am quite pleased that my child attends Somerset Academy Miramar. She has been a student there since kindergarten and has excelled. Somerset's curriculum is advanced compred to regular public schools. My niece went to a regular public school befor coming to Somerset and it was quite obvious she was not received the same caliber of work that she needed to be at at her grade level. I wished that Somerset offered extra curricular activities that did not cost, but considering the economy I an undersrand why there is a fee. I don't like the way the first day of school is set up. The parents are not alloed to walk their child to their class (grade 2 & higher). I remember when I was in school it didn't matter the grade my parents were allowed walk me to my class. This is something the principal should reconsider

Posted May 3, 2010

I am happy with the school. Class sizes are too large though, my daugther's class has 30 kids. However I like that they group the kids according to their level and provide differential teaching.

Posted May 1, 2010

As a parent, my focus is to ensure that my children are getting the best education possible. School staff, management and overall school rating is also critical. Both of my children started SCM in Kindergarten. My son is now in the High School and my daughter is in 3rd grade. I absolutely love the school! They are organized, keep parents well informed and strive to a higher education and social skills. I highly recommend the SCM.

Posted April 29, 2010

I am very proud to be apart of the Somerset Academy Miramar family. It is like a family, I admire the relationship between the staff and students. It's an excellent learning environment that the staff and students take pride in.

Posted April 28, 2010

From a scale of 1-10, I gave Somerset Miramar 20. This school beat my expection on all areas. For example, Teachers, Security, Communication and much more.

Posted October 14, 2009

My kids (8 & 1o yeard old) were in a small catholic school. The catholic school was constantly asking for money although the teachers were good then I decided to try Somerset. What a change. I'm very happy with the curriculum, teachers and administration. The PTO group is very organized

Posted January 26, 2009

I am like the other parent very suprised with the negative comments made about this school. My daughter has attended since it opened. The principal runs a tight ship and keep the parents well informed. If you are one of those parents who don't like to be involved. Don't like helping you child with homework, or don't like to challege your child, then yes this school is not for you. My daughter has been on honor roll every year and this school inspires me to push my child to the best of her ability. I can't wait until my other child is old enough to attend. GO SOMERSET!

Posted December 3, 2008

I can't believe the bad reviews found here, this school is simply the best, teachers do an EXCELLENT job, the communication between teachers and parents is excellent, on a daily basis through the journal, and also teachers' emails are available and they respond very fast, some people when I tell them about the grade of communication can't believe it, a lot of activities for kids, a lot of security, my kid is learning a lot. Is the school very exigent? Yes it is, and I love it, if you are looking for a regular school where every thing is average, please find another school. I'm not rich but for me is Ok to collaborate financially with the school and specially with the needs of my child class, is the best money I could expend because is for my child's future, this is a Charter school, part public, part private.

Posted November 26, 2008

Horrible school! There are not enough bathrooms for the students and there are plenty of 'accidents'. I have seen this first hand while volunteering. The ac in the classrooms breaks down on a regular basis. The teachers are burdened with paperwork that should be done by office staff, cafeteria staff and accounting. Teacher turnover is very high. Several teachers have left already in the middle of the school year.What a nightmare of a school!

Posted November 19, 2008

My daughter has attended this school since its opening and I could not be happier. I have absolutely no complaints about the school. The teachers are very invloved and do a great job and keeping the children interested in learning by providing out of the box assignments that challenge them and developer thier creativity while still achieving their ultimate goal which is learning. I can say that the administration among other thing does not tolerate bullying nor do they foster 'cliques' which can many times lead a child in the wrong direction. They also promote accountability which I have witnessed first hand. I have no clue how they could possibly be negatively reviewed by any parent. I take great pride in my daughters school and would recommend it to any parent looking for a great school for their child. My daughter is in their middle school.

Posted November 2, 2008

We are extremely happy with this school. My daughter is in Kindergarten and we were having a hard time deciding on whether to do a private school or this charter school that is basically across the street. We could not be happier. My daughter was really not interested in learning during 3 and 4k, but what a change since starting at Somerset. The first month was tough but once she got into the rythym she took off. She is now reading at a first grade level. She excels in almost eveyr subject and the teacher communicates each day with each parent in their planners. Many of my friends and family members are surprised and also frustrated because they feel that the private schools their children attend may not be as advanced. Great job to the teachers at Somerset Miramar.

Posted October 8, 2008

We were very unhappy with this school. They are more like a private school that only cares about money. Students and learning are not a priority here.

Posted September 10, 2008

This is a terrible school. It is very poorly managed. All the classes have over 25 children in them and the teachers have no assistants at all. The communication between home and school is the worst. I am a very unhappy parent that will be pulling my children out as soon as I find a new school.

Math

The state average for Math was 58% in 2014.

108 students were tested at this school in 2014.

Reading

The state average for Reading was 57% in 2014.

108 students were tested at this school in 2014.

Math

The state average for Math was 63% in 2014.

Reading

The state average for Reading was 61% in 2014.

Writing

The state average for Writing was 53% in 2014.

Math

The state average for Math was 56% in 2014.

Reading

The state average for Reading was 61% in 2014.

Science

The state average for Science was 54% in 2014.

Writing

The state average for Writing was 81% in 2012.

158 students were tested at this school in 2012.

2010

Scale: % scoring at or above level 3

Source: Florida Department of Education

• In 2011-2012, this school received a grade of "A".
  • In 2010-2011, this school received a grade of "A".
  • In 2009-2010, this school received a grade of "A".
  • In 2008-2009, this school received a grade of "A".

Ethnicity This school

• MS. ALEXANDRA PRIETO
Fax number
  • (305) 829-4477

Extra learning resources offered
  • Title I Schoolwide program (SWP)

Apply now