Montverde, FL

Posted April 04, 2015
I have 3 kids there in different grades. Academics are rigorous and success is mandatory. The sports are of course awesome (can you say national champs!!). But most critical is the diversity of the school with students from over 49 countries gives my children a global experience second to none.

Posted March 22, 2015
As a parent of an alumni of Montverde Academy who was also the Senior Head Prefect in his senior year, I rate the school on all levels as one of the top if not THE top Academy in the whole of the USA and even with us living in south Africa, I have not found an Academy that equals what Montverde Academy offers for the child. Wholeness - physically, emotionally and spiritually, Wellness, a GREAT personalized education and an opportunity to perform athletically and academically on an international and national level. THE BEST !

Posted November 13, 2014
Extremely rigid school. Blanket approach to education no personalized attention. In the middle of no where and mostly foreign students.

Posted November 04, 2013
Montverde Academy is the premiere school in central Florida. The parent (same one by the way) who complained about fees is ludicrous. If you did your homework, you would discover that MVA's tuition and fees is among the lowest among independent schools on the east coast and the schedule of charges is pretty clear before you enroll. What does it teach our kids when parents get on a site, hiding behind a keyboard, and spew ridiculousness. I know who the PK3 parent is too and I can say is be honest with the school before you enroll with regard to your child's needs. Also on fees, I think I know who this one is too....when your child has additional academic needs unable to be met through traditional means such as OT and PT and educational assessments, every school would be in the same situation of recommending services which may require funding and that is putting the educational needs of the child first! With 27 AP courses and a passing rate of 80% on the AP exams, SAT/ACT scores that exceed the state and national scores and 100% college acceptance rate to some of the most competitive colleges and schools in the USA, I would say the curriculum speaks for itself.

Montverde Academy 3

Posted October 24, 2013
My review is a bit mixed... First of all this is a very well run school. My child attends currantly, and is safe. There are very nice parents and children. Mrs Shackelford, Dean of the lower school is just wonderful. Within 2 weeks every teacher knew the name of every child. It truly feels like family. However... I am not able to elaborate on this site, but let's just say we are not overall happy with our PreK3 teacher.

Posted October 03, 2013
Truly the best choice in Lake County all the way around. If Lake County had a high school with an IB program it would be a tie...but they don't. Montverde offers the most AP classes, the highest passage rate, and the best curriculum of the middle and high schools in the area. Not everyone will be happy there because its strict--they don't keep around kids who either can't handle the academics or violate the code of conduct. Guess what--OK with me! That's why I send my kids to private school. Are there fees? Yes, all private schools require you to pay fees for books, technology, the PTA, graduation, etc. It's all outlined in your contract. But they don't charge a lot of fees throughout the year and the fees are a fraction of what the largest Orlando private schools charge. At Montverde lunch is included in tuition! Not many private schools cover lunch. Do your homework before you complain!

Posted September 12, 2013
I strongly advise you not to send your child to this school. The priority is on earning as much money as possible, not on your child's education, health or happiness. The only imagination this school demonstrates is in their ability to find new ways to charge the parents fees. I am apalled at the way they put the finances of the school ahead of the welfare of the students. Stay away, I urge you!!!!

Posted September 10, 2013
The administration was very unhelpful and non-responsive. This was extremely difficult as I am living outside of the United States and I would have appreciated a call back from multiple messages left by phone and email on multiple occasions. It seemed like the only time I spoke to an administrator was when they were looking for more money. I have to say that I was not very impressed with the curriculum either.

Posted August 22, 2013
Our kids are entering their seventh year at Montverde. This is an incredible school environment for children. In addition to the high level education they provide, they place a strong emphasis on character and community. Everyone on campus knows my children. The accountability factor plays a huge role in my son's and daughter's confidence and independence. Other than our home, we can't imagine a better place for our children to learn and grow. The staff and teachers are second to none.

Posted May 05, 2013
As a parent of one of those "athletes"....Montverde Academt has done wonders for my child academically, socially and athletically; I couldnt be happier with the experience he has received and the caring and nurturing teachers and coaches he has had the privilege of learning from is outstanding. I am sacrificing a great deal to pay tuition, but it has been worth every bit of it...thank you Montverde for all you have done for our family!

Montverde Academy