PK-12|Private

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Just right (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Effective (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Staff member (1 response)

Teacher effectiveness: Effective

Posted March 07, 2016
I think the teachers are both competent and experienced- The lead teacher in each classroom also stays after school every day to tutor students who need extra help in any particular subject.

Amount of homework: Just right

Posted March 07, 2016
I feel that the homework given is the appropriate amount for students who are now faced with the challenges of accomplishing more just to achieve a standard high school diploma. Another thing we like is the fact that there are tutoring classes available everyday during and after school to better help the kids stay on task and help them in any area they are struggling.

Develops empathy: Agree

Posted March 07, 2016
I notice during dismissal High School students assigned to help autistic students with their belongings and escort them from the classroom to their parents. This is a small thing, but encourages empathy and a nurturing spirit for those who are challenged with a disability.

Develops honesty: Agree

Posted March 07, 2016
I like the various organizations that the school works with to encourage it's students to 'go the extra mile' -- Step Up's Student Excellence, Disney's Dreamers and Doers,etc.

Posted March 07, 2016
My family and I have had a good experience at this school --it's accredited and the curriculum is solid. Gains have been made with test scores that reflect them accurately. I would also like to contest a previous reviewers comments about it being a 'haven' for troubled students - I assume that maybe they were speaking of the ASD (Autistic) students who have their own set of classrooms/program and should NOT be classified as behavior problems or 'troubled.' Working with children and having a family, I understand that if a student is not encouraged and made to learn and study at home (as well as in the classroom) - it is easy to lay blame to whatever school they may attend.

Posted March 07, 2016
I've had my daughter at Solid Rock Christian School for 3 years now. She's doing great academically and I am very pleased with the Abeka curriculum. My husband and I feel that she is in a safe environment and are happy with the education she is receiving. I wish they had more sports programs, however the pros of not having gangs, drugs or major behavior issues far outweigh the other.

Develops empathy: Strongly agree

Posted March 07, 2016
Students are taught and encouraged to be considerate of each other. They also have a "Zero Tolerance" for bullying which is very important to my family and the way we are raising my daughter.

Solid Rock Christian School 1

Posted April 20, 2015
This school accommodates many students who are struggling to fit into public schools due to behavioral, social or academic concerns. Though they are accepting of students and kind hearted, the teachers do not have expertise to help students reach their potential. Adult supervision is limited and there could be serious safety concerns considering the fact that this school seems to be a safe haven for adolescents who are troubled. This was not a good fit for our family.

Solid Rock Christian School 5

Posted December 17, 2014
My son has been going to this school for 3 years and he absolutely loves it!! His teacher is amazing!! It is a small school and that is exactly what he needed!!

Posted July 30, 2013
There have been alot of changes at this school in the past 2 years and my children are happy to be attending during the coming 2013 -2014 school year. The admin staff is easy to communicate with and with tutroing available everyday afterschool my kids are receiving more intensive one on one time with their teacher(s). They have made gains academically and we are pleased with their progress. I read a review stating that the teachers were not qualified, I disagree, and hardly believe they are "in it" just for the money.

21951 U.S. 441, Mount Dora, FL  32757
Last modified Solid Rock Christian School is a Private school that serves grades PK-12