Mount Dora, FL

Solid Rock Christian School 1

Posted April 20, 2015
This school accommodates many students who are struggling to fit into public schools due to behavioral, social or academic concerns. Though they are accepting of students and kind hearted, the teachers do not have expertise to help students reach their potential. Adult supervision is limited and there could be serious safety concerns considering the fact that this school seems to be a safe haven for adolescents who are troubled. This was not a good fit for our family.

Solid Rock Christian School 5

Posted December 17, 2014
My son has been going to this school for 3 years and he absolutely loves it!! His teacher is amazing!! It is a small school and that is exactly what he needed!!

Solid Rock Christian School 4

Posted July 30, 2013
There have been alot of changes at this school in the past 2 years and my children are happy to be attending during the coming 2013 -2014 school year. The admin staff is easy to communicate with and with tutroing available everyday afterschool my kids are receiving more intensive one on one time with their teacher(s). They have made gains academically and we are pleased with their progress. I read a review stating that the teachers were not qualified, I disagree, and hardly believe they are "in it" just for the money.

Solid Rock Christian School 4

Posted December 22, 2012
Since the new Principal was appointed, the school has made a lot of progress. My son used to be bullied when he used to be part of the public system. In addition to that, there is great communication with the Principal. If there is any problem, she will adress it immediately. My kid is safe. Because of this, it is all worthy.

Solid Rock Christian School 1

Posted July 18, 2011
My son attending this school last year. Talk about, unorganized school. My son went through 4 teachers and 2 principals. This church school is there to just collect your money. We got the run around all year. The teachers are not qualified in any sense of the word. My son had a scholarship, they just wanted the money, no intention of helping him as they promised us. I just believed, since they are a church.

Solid Rock Christian School 5

Posted August 01, 2009
My child was in public school and wear she was not doing well with a low C to high D G.P.A. This was very low for her understanding of the work given. The problem was not so much the work but the structure of the classroom. She was in need of this structure and accountability for her work and actions. Now she is working ahead of her grade and is on the A-B honer roll. If instilling morals and accountability is a priority to you and your family this is a great place to start.

Solid Rock Christian School 3

Posted March 27, 2009
This school is the better choice over the public school choices. However, if your child needs more one-on-one learning, seek another alternative.

Posted January 16, 2009
My granddaughter came to this school after having attended and completed K-2 grade in public school. She was struggling with reading and self esteem. She had been bullied for some time coming home with bruises repeatedly over a 2 year period. Meetings and interventions were of no help. The school was going to PLACE her in 3rd grade knowing she wasn't ready. After being pre-tested, SRCS put her in 3rd grade working in the 2nd grade subjects she was behind in. She not only caught up to grade level but was moving ahead and finished the year doing 4th grade level work. Her teacher and SEVERAL other staff members gave her the individual attention she needed. She is safe, secure and thrilled as a happy honor roll student. She loves her teacher, class, school, staff and God. It touches ones heart.

Posted October 23, 2008
This school wants money for things they should allow the children to do. They only have pe once a week.We got blamed for teacher losing homework. Not allowed to discuss santa clause? As long as god is included and is the reason for the season, what is the problem? The lord loves to see us have fun with our children. What Father wouldn't?

Posted February 01, 2008
My children have done so well since coming from a public school. Public school is rushed that they leave some children behind. Solid Rock takes the time to make sure each child fully understands what they are learning. My children seem to be more confident. They like school now. The teachers and other facility are very loving and caring. They are learning how to make right choices in life. They are going to be better people becasue they are apart of this school. My sons now believe they can do anything they want. Thanks Solid Rock.

21951 U.S. 441, Mount Dora, FL  32757
Last modified Solid Rock Christian School is a Private school that serves grades PK-12
Solid Rock Christian School Rating: 2 out of 5 based on 19 reviews. Top