1,059 students|Lake

Bad
Good

I think my school is a good school overall but some of the teachers don't even do their job right! most teachers just write notes on the board and have us write them down and then we're done for that class period. teachers aren't teaching as much as they should. I am in 10th grade and it was the same way last year. I'd really like to see this problem dissolve before I go into my senior year.

Mount Dora High School is an altogether lacking school. There are some nice aspects of the school, some teachers actually give your children quality education but most don't. Almost every single elective at this school is a waist of time. Gym is the lousiest class yet at MDHS. My child tells me everyday how they participate in 0 physical exercise and sit in the bleachers the entire class period with the occasional weight room trip. In addition to that the "coaches" of the many gym classes always skip out on the warm ups and sometimes even dressing out- they dismiss the students straight to the bleachers to play on their phones. The so called guidance counselors are also another sad aspect of the school. They are not helpful and anytime my child or me have question it takes days and days of pestering to finally get some form of response from them. Then when my child goes up to guidance by herself she has told me many times how the people behind the desk are rude and seem uninterested in helping you.

A private school attendee through Middle school, this has been our first experience of the Lake County School System. We had our concerns prior to choosing Mount Dora High School. However, my child has blossomed. Students and teachers alike have been supportive. She is enrolled in mostly Honors and AP courses. With the eSembler you have the ability to keep track on weekly assignments etc. The teachers have all been open to direct emails and we have seen mostly quick responses. The choice of extra curricular activities is great, however I wish there was a greater language selection. School events are well organized.

This is a great school that is located near the heart of the city. The student population is small compared to other schools in the county, which gives it a hearty feel. The extracurricular activities are very successful and the community support is amazing. The school received a "B" for it's FCAT school grade and was very close to getting an "A". I would strongly recommend this school to anyone wanting to give their child a quality education.

This is our first year in this school and school district, my child is a 10th grader. I am very disappointed with this school district and school , would not recommend it to anyone. The lack of motivation and involvement with teachers,parents and coaches is the worsed I have every seen. We have lived in four different states since our child entered school and by far this is the worse

Mount Dora High School is an overall good school. We have many great activities such as our band program and all sports. Administration could be more passive due to making big deals out of nothing. But I like the school even if I haven't finished my freshman year yet.

Hi, my third review. What joy I still feel when my son comes home and will say I had a great day. His courses are still in step with his ambitions. He sees psychics as a major in his future. Also, I salute the band, and Mr. Porter. He has developed a love of music by the example set in school. I wish all the students find their passion, what works for them. I believe Mt. Dora High offers it they must look beyond.

this school is a really good school for education but the school has a lot od cliques and vey sterotypical the chlidren are very immature and harass other student frequently.

I graduated from Mount Dora High School two years ago and have found that the education I received while there really prepared me for college. I am actually studying abroad in Hong Kong at the moment and find that the Business Statistics course I am currently taking (an upper level course here) has the exact same material covered in the Advanced Placement Statistics course I took there in the tenth grade. It is a first rate school with the best teachers you can find in the county. Say what you want about the attendance policy and the reading program, in my opinion these are just the politics that go along with Lake County public schools. The teachers are really what make Mount Dora High amazing; they are all willing and able to work with your child and meet with you or your child before school or after. One even made it

I am a student at Mount Dora Highschool, I am a sophmore, I moved to lake county after my 8t hgrade year from Orange County because of the violence and other teenagers I used to be with.I personally love Mount Dora High because it provides students with many activities to do. Out band is amazing, out football team has nothing but improved this year. Our girls and Boy's soccer team are decent, but they both have very talented player. Basketball is one of our stronger sports at this school alongsides with voleyball.The attendance policy is sort of ridiculous though. I personally think it is , mainly because I dont think its fair for you to fail a class if you have 4 absences. I think thats really overated. Most of the teachers that I have had were very caring and tried to help out as many students as possible .

Last modified Mt. Dora High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.