PK-12|Private

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Just right (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Effective (1 response)
Currently, most people answered School leader (2 responses)

Mount Dora Christian Academy 3

Posted May 05, 2016
This is just an over all ok school it looks A lot more promising that it really Is

Mount Dora Christian Academy
Develops honesty: Strongly disagree

Posted May 02, 2016
they teach kids to single out other people because of who they are its horrible how much bulling from teachers and kids alike I have recived

Posted April 12, 2016
Good schools uphold the highest standards in safety, student achievement, and college/career readiness. Great schools master those objectives while prioritizing character development and personal relationships. As a twenty year public school educator, I submit that Mt. Dora Christian Academy is a great school supported by Christian professionals who help prepare students' mind, body, and soul for an increasingly challenging world.

Posted November 22, 2015
All 3 of kids attend (15, 11 & 7), we all love this safe Christian school where the kids learn about the world and themselves from teachers who want the best for them. Lots of family involvement which is a change from the way most schools are today.

Posted October 01, 2015
What's not to love about this beautiful school. The faculty, staff, administration, and fellow parents truly make this school community feel like a family. I love that my children are learning in a nurturing environment while developing skills needed for their future career paths as well as core values that are strengthening their personal faith.

Posted April 12, 2015
This school is very ecumenical although associated with a particular denomination. The faculty are absolutely terrific and have been trained in some of our nations best schools. It has a 75 Year history of turning out terrific graduates. It's facilities would be the envy of several small colleges.

Posted December 11, 2014
I wrote a previous review and gave the school 4 stars, now with the many improvements and the great year my child has had, I'm adjusting it to 5. This school has a lot of opportunity for the kids to be involved including athletics, drama and clubs. The level of opportunity for its size is outstanding and the staff and faculty/sponsors/coaches really facilitate the children's opportunity by adjusting practices or allowing absences for the children to do more than one activity at a time. Some kids this year are in Beta, Drama, school sports and band -- and while they're stretched, the school does do well to accommodate their schedules. Academics keep getting better as well. My child has become a motivated student and enjoys her classes. Many of the classes offer tutoring after school as well. Great environment, great school.

Posted November 01, 2014
I'm a sophomore this year and have been at this school since 7th grade. During the beginning of this year they were telling us that this would be our best year. They weren't lying. I can tell how much work they put into this. iPads for students. New science building, building for each subject, new types of chapel, surveys, new rules that are no where near as strict, and there are probably more I didn't say yet. I love it here. It really is an excellent school. This is why I'm going to stay until I graduate in 2017.

Posted September 18, 2014
Our children have attended Christian Home and Bible since they were in Pre-School. The kids have cultivated life long friendships with their peers at the school and they think fondly of their current and past teachers. The kids are now in 7th and 11th. Our 11th grader decided she wanted to dual enroll and try the public school route. Switching schools has made me love Christian Home and Bible even more. We have been forced to navigate her future on our own now after we left. Our daughter has transitioned well and is advanced in her classes and we are thankful to MDB for that. The children at Christian Home and Bible are respectful and polite. This is evident at all school sporting events where kids from other schools are in attendance. On this site I have read that children have been bullied. I have never experienced that at Christian Home and Bible and if I have ever had to step in on an issue, the staff was quick to respond and took appropriate action. We are members of a different church, and do not feel that our children are slighted in any way because of that. I am thankful to still have involvement at the school as our son still attends there and is very happy.

Mount Dora Christian Academy 2

Posted July 20, 2014
Waiting to see what happens this year! If you are not part of the Church of Christ your child will be treated differently, waiting to see if it changes. Maybe with the new headmaster 2014-2015 will lead the school in a positive direction.

Mount Dora Christian Academy
301 W 13th Avenue, Mount Dora, FL  32757
Last modified Mount Dora Christian Academy is a Private school that serves grades PK-12