505 students|Polk

Bad
Good

This school is a joke. If I had the money to move and get my kids out of this school I would. My daughter gets bullied all the time and nothing ever gets done. My next step is to take it to law enforcement. The principle is a JOKE...I have tried to set up meetings and phone calls and she is always in a meeting...This is every time! I would rate this school with a F. The teachers are a joke. My kid comes home with a pamphlet of home work every week it has 10-12 pages of homework. My conclusion to this is that they are not teaching enough in school that they are sending it home for the parent to deal with so they don't have to. I try to help my kids as much as I can. But this is ridiculous.

Recently the issue of bullying was addressed. The kids were gathered for an assembly so the issue could be discussed. The 'discussion' was them being told to tell bullies to 'beat it', followed by the staff playing Michael Jackson songs...glad to know they take the issue so seriously.

This school is a danger to my children they I am moving my children out of this school

The safety of the children of this school is a complete joke. No one cares about the children at all. This school should be rated an F school for failure to care.

I think this school should be shut down until they can get competent teachers and staff

the 4th grade teachers don't have a clue how to teach. just 1 to 3 is ok but after that you have to teach them yourself

Safety is an issue here.There are no teachers in the mornings when the busses first let the children off at school.Some of the bus drivers wait untill a teacher shows up before leaving. And i have to work early so i can not wait for them!!

There is very little discipline at this school. I am very troubled by the stuff the administration lets the students and teachers get away with: stuff that other schools would probably send them to jail over.

I disliked this school so much that I moved out of their area. Its all about the fcat, no challenge for smart kids.

You know My son went here all through elementary, My daughter, a special needs student and hearing impaired, is still here so is my son, also hearing impaired. My step daughter just started attending this year. This a wonderful school, I have had a problem with one teacher in all the years we have been there. The principle is not a joke and is a wonderful gift to all she helps. The staff, teachers and all, have always treated my family well. Theses are teachers who love children and want the best from them. They expect for students to suceed and help them do so. Way to go Panthers

Last modified Purcell Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 2 out of 10 based on academic quality.