Posted August 14, 2012
This school is a joke. If I had the money to move and get my kids out of this school I would. My daughter gets bullied all the time and nothing ever gets done. My next step is to take it to law enforcement. The principle is a JOKE...I have tried to set up meetings and phone calls and she is always in a meeting...This is every time! I would rate this school with a F. The teachers are a joke. My kid comes home with a pamphlet of home work every week it has 10-12 pages of homework. My conclusion to this is that they are not teaching enough in school that they are sending it home for the parent to deal with so they don't have to. I try to help my kids as much as I can. But this is ridiculous.

Posted January 21, 2011
Recently the issue of bullying was addressed. The kids were gathered for an assembly so the issue could be discussed. The 'discussion' was them being told to tell bullies to 'beat it', followed by the staff playing Michael Jackson songs...glad to know they take the issue so seriously.

Posted September 27, 2010
This school is a danger to my children they I am moving my children out of this school

Posted September 27, 2010
The safety of the children of this school is a complete joke. No one cares about the children at all. This school should be rated an F school for failure to care.

Posted September 27, 2010
I think this school should be shut down until they can get competent teachers and staff

Purcell Elementary School 2

Posted June 01, 2010
the 4th grade teachers don't have a clue how to teach. just 1 to 3 is ok but after that you have to teach them yourself

Posted March 11, 2010
Safety is an issue here.There are no teachers in the mornings when the busses first let the children off at school.Some of the bus drivers wait untill a teacher shows up before leaving. And i have to work early so i can not wait for them!!

Purcell Elementary School 5

Posted August 07, 2009

Posted February 21, 2009
There is very little discipline at this school. I am very troubled by the stuff the administration lets the students and teachers get away with: stuff that other schools would probably send them to jail over.

Posted January 16, 2008
I disliked this school so much that I moved out of their area. Its all about the fcat, no challenge for smart kids.

Purcell Elementary School
305 Northeast 1st Avenue, Mulberry, FL  33860
Last modified Purcell Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 2 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Purcell Elementary School Rating: 2 out of 5 based on 15 reviews. Top