636 students|Collier

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)

Develops character: Strongly disagree

This is a "no" focused school. No one wants to help. Bad attitude from all the office staff

on my daughters first day of school, we had let the school know we would pick her up by car. My car began having problems that morning with the oil pressure, my 3 year old and I decided to take the stroller and walk a couple miles instead of having to have my husband leave work early. When we arrived at her school a storm began. The staff had let me know since I had not called to let them know before 2:15 of the change. I had to wait for her to be walked back till after the other kids had been picked up. I asked why one of the 5 people in the office couldn't do it. Everyone looked dumb founded. Her teacher walked in and was kind and said she would take me to get my daughter. Someone overheard and said we couldn't and to ask the vice principle. Who came over with the worst attitude I have ever seen for someone in authority at a school. She let me know someone would go get her. I waited an additional 15 minutes. Not a sign of my daughter. I decided to take my stroller and get my 5 year old and never think of this horrible institution of mentally insane people again. It took me 1 minute to walk and get her, I had waited over 30 minutes with the condescending staff. Later I received a voicemail from the principle. She said there are things going on that no one knows about nor do they have to tell anyone about. How can one be so arrogant in ignorance. It would have to be a miracle to have a staff member do something kind at corkscrew elementary. This was my daughters first day.

This is my daughter's last year at Corkscrew Elementary. I can honestly say she has had an OUTSTANDING school experience. The teachers are genuinely interested in teaching, well round and most of all, very experienced. The parent involvement is incredible and we really feel like we belong to a very strong school community. Originally we planned to send our daughter to a private school, but so glad we gave CES a chance.

CES has gone from being an A+ school to a C school. It's sad to see how careless some of the teachers have become. They need a new counselor as well. There's much to be done, but they lack the adequate staff, and programs to help the kids improve. Usually they tell you " there's no more space". My kids have been in this school since 2009, and they are not in the school of choice program.

Great principle/assistant principle involvement, both are not afraid to get up and dance or be silly with the children which the children LOVE! They get involved in the PTA and are a great support system for parents and PTA.

The teachers at CES are the greatest!

I transferred my kids from a Miami-Dade County School that was great and I was so worried about changing my kids from their long term school and classmates in the middle of the school year but my kids are so happy they don't complain about going to school and they love that their homework was cut to almost nothing which now they have more time for their own activities. Corkscrew staff was helpful and polite and the teachers seemed very nice. A+

Excellent teachers, wonderful learning environment

The teachers and staff are very concern and interested in the students. My kids love to go to school everyday!

The staff is so concerned and caring for the children, no wonder it's an A school!!!

Last modified Corkscrew Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.