Barron Collier High School

Public | 9-12 | 1703 students

Posted April 22, 2014

Great school. Great staff. Makes kids into great leaders and high achievers. High end neighborhoods filter into this school from North Naples. We specifically moved into our current home so our kids can attend Barron Collier in 10 years.

Posted February 6, 2014

Barron Collier High School has wonderful teacher's as well as great sports and activities programs. I had two of my children graduate from this school. Both children are successful in their adult lives. Of all the high schools in Naples I reate this the the highest

Posted November 23, 2013

The Band alone gets my approval from this school. They are simply amazing and they are like no other band in Naples. If this school isn't proud of anything else they have going on there, then the band should without a doubt be one. The Principal and parents should be VERY proud of their children and their band director there at Barron Collier HS. Keep up the good work!

Posted October 27, 2013

I'm a senior at BCHS. This school's amazing! I've never wished to attend any other school. I never liked going to school until I attended Barron. BCHS is thriving at a higher rate academically than the other high schools, and we're also the only high school in Collier County with an A+ rating. The teachers are fantastic and are willing to work one-on-one to make sure you understand what they're teaching. The majority of the students are very kind and love to help other students as well. We have the BEST athletic programs and many students participate in clubs. Let's not forget the band. BCHS band is memorizing. I've never been so amazed. They have a wonderful appearance as well as exciting music and dance moves. Their band makes me want to run on the field and join them. They're always on step and they can entertain their viewers without the use of confetti. They don't snatch others drumline cadences like GCHS does. BCHS band has traveled to places like China, Paris, etc.. and they were the first band invited to march at the Governers Inaugural parade. BEST BAND! I'm proud of my school and the accomplishments we've made! I'm going to miss this school very much. GO BCHS COUGARS!(:

Posted August 5, 2013

I have mixed feelings for BCHS, but most are positive.This coming school year I will be a sophomore. A lot of the teachers are really passionate about their job and I love it. But unfortunately there are those teachers who have given up because of the economy. I was lucky to get some great teachers my freshman year. The only negative thing I have to say about the school, are the students. A lot of them are rude to their peers and even the teachers. They act as if they are better than everyone just because they are wearing fancy brands or their parents bought them a new $40,000 car. But this is Naples, so you have to expect this. Some of the students don't make positive choices with what they do for fun. Every high school has that, it's unavoidable. There ARE good people at this school though. I am excited for this year. This school has great clubs and sports. Join them! It's fun and a good way to spend your time. Nonetheless, I am proud to be a cougar! CAN'T WAIT FOR FOOTBALL SEASON! WOO!

Posted August 1, 2013

BCHS is by far the best High School in Collier County based on academic achievement. It is the only HS in Collier County with a National ranking!!

Posted April 17, 2013

My daughter has spent her entire high school years at BCHS and will be graduating this May. My son attends there and is a rising junior. Both of my children have attended private schools in the past and this was their first taste of the public system. We were all apprehensive, as we feared it wouldn't be easy transitioning from a small school into one with over 1800 students. All our fears were unfounded, however, as both of my children thrived at BCHS. The academics are outstanding and most of the teachers and staff are very dedicated. The student must be willing to work, though, as there are a lot of students and those who choose not to apply themselves could easily fall by the wayside. Appropriately, the teaching efforts are dedicated to the students who, at least, show they are interested in learning. Although it is a large school, the teachers and staff know each individual student and there appears to be a great deal of respect, which goes both ways, between the students and teachers/staff. The academics are stellar and my children have thrived there. Yes, the building doesn't look great, but it's definitely what's on the inside that counts here! A+++

Posted January 9, 2013

I went to this school for my first semester of Freshman year. The school is boring and dull. Some teachers are better than others. Some teachers don't understand what they're teaching, others are too lazy to teach, but in all most teachers are rude in this school and have nasty attitudes. I am a straight A student in all Honors level courses. If you want to graduate and better yourself in this school you will have to do a lot of alone studying and teaching yourself what your teacher can't. The school has NO violence, literally none. The teachers do get on your nerves after a while with their constant bickering. The hallways are crowded and the Principal/Assistant principal are the worst in my opinion. The school is very prejudice towards hispanics/blacks and show much favoritism towards their wealthy, caucasian students. There are many problems, but overall the learning environment is ok. The violence there is none. The teachers are rude, but everything can't be perfect.

Posted June 29, 2012

Was this School Compound a former Penitentiary? As a potential prospect, I would not allow my children to attend this dump! What a disappointment!!! Unsure of what happens on the inside, but I certainly don't want to stick around to find out!!

Posted May 23, 2012

I'm very surprised to see the ratings on this school. My daughter attended BC for her freshman year and didn't do well at all. She went from being a straight A student to a struggling B/C student. The biggest problem I have with this school is the fact that a coach is teaching freshman algebra and constantly puts down the students when they don't understand the material. He was rude and didn't offer tutoring. The previous comment about the teachers who resent the students is true. My daughter heard more than one teacher complain about their job and that they don't make enough money to deal with the students. Also the staff favors the popular students and often overlooks their dress code violations which are many. My daughter was bullied and made fun of many times and she happens to be a beautiful girl who models. The school offers an expensive a la carte menu, leaving the children on free and reduced lunch to be singled out in a line by themselves. It is very well known that the wealthy students only buy a la carte. If you're a Naples resident who can give your child a BMW and if they excel in sports, you will be happy with this school. It should be called Naples 90210.

Posted April 12, 2012

I am a Barron Alumni and I loved this school. Barron was founded on older principles that have been modernized to aide in student acheivement. There were many extra curricular opportunities for students and the staff is very helpful. I would reccommend this high school if you want your student to recieve a great education. The staff strives to place your student in classes they will excel in. They also focus on future. College is the ultimate goal for most students and the staff leads your student in guidance making current decisions count for future needs.

Posted September 16, 2009

Barron is the best school in Florida!!

Posted December 10, 2008

The administration seems to always go 'by the book' and never makes allowances for special circumstances. The new 'hall watchers' treat us students like we are doing something wrong going to the bathroom even if we have a signed pass. I just feel like the teachers resent us because of the economic decline and are more concerned with pay rather than actually benefiting students. But there are deffinately amazing teachers and staff here, which I appreciate.

Posted March 30, 2008

I think that the school is ok, i dont like the fact that teachers dont make time to help each student individualy. I think that we need more chioces, for electives. The sports are good. I love the coaches there, at the school because they really want to help you get better at the sport . Honestly i think that the only reason why anybody would go to barren collier high school is because of the sports there!!

Posted September 15, 2007

Academic standars could be improved. Teachers should provide life lasting lessons for students instead of trying to get things done, this happens and students do not get as much material learned as they could becvause theachers do not do their job well. campus life could be improved.

Posted June 14, 2007

My years at BCHS were some of the best of my life. I am a musician and I learned many useful and diverse skills that have really shaped my musicianship as well as who I am as a person. The Band was phenomanal, the orchestra was superior in all ways, and the choir was life-changing. I had many opportunities to succeed and I learned how to take advantage of those opportunities. I traveled abroad twice, to New York, and San Francisco and to Orlando every year. The academics were fair. I had some teachers who could really improve their skills or attitudes, but overall I learned so much valueable information about academics as well as life experiences. Music is a very important part of my life and I request that you fight to keep music in schools for it helps teach other academics as well as teach discipline, leadership-skills and teamwork.
—Submitted by a former student

Posted March 10, 2006

barron collier's sports programs are amazing . almost all there teams are ranked nationally or in the state . the only sports that are lacking in talent . are guys basketball, and girls golf.
—Submitted by a former student

Posted January 29, 2006

I have one son who was a 2005 graduate from Barron and I have a son who is currently a freshman at Barron. The high school is one of the finest academic public high schools in Florida. Teachers are committed to the students and their education. Athletic programs are excellent paticularly boys baseball, wrestling and soccer. The girls are strong in softball, volleyball, soccer. Swimming, track and golf programs are also excellent. Easily the best high school in Naples.

Posted October 5, 2005

Barron is the best school it has been so much fun!

Posted September 19, 2005

Great school academically...very challenging for students and offers many class options

Reading

The state average for Reading was 53% in 2014.

396 students were tested at this school in 2014.

Reading

The state average for Reading was 55% in 2014.

447 students were tested at this school in 2014.

Writing

The state average for Writing was 64% in 2014.

442 students were tested at this school in 2014.

Writing

The state average for Writing was 84% in 2012.

437 students were tested at this school in 2012.

2010

Scale: % scoring at or above level 3

Source: Florida Department of Education

• In 2011-2012, this school received a grade of "A".
  • In 2010-2011, this school received a grade of "A".
  • In 2009-2010, this school received a grade of "A".
  • In 2008-2009, this school received a grade of "A".

Algebra I

The state average for Algebra I was 64% in 2013.

287 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Biology I

The state average for Biology I was 67% in 2013.

421 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Geometry

The state average for Geometry was 64% in 2013.

387 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Ethnicity This school

Teacher credentials

Classes taught by non-highly qualified teachers 2%N/A5%
Source: FL Dept. of Education, 2011-2012

Teacher resources

Special staff resources available to students Art teacher(s)
Assistant principal(s)
Music teacher(s)
Read more about programs at this school
Source: Provided by school community.

Arts & music

• Band
  • Choir / Chorus
  • Orchestra
needs to be verified by school leaders.

To learn more about enrolling, please call the school.

5600 Cougar Drive