Posted April 22, 2014
Great school. Great staff. Makes kids into great leaders and high achievers. High end neighborhoods filter into this school from North Naples. We specifically moved into our current home so our kids can attend Barron Collier in 10 years.

Posted February 06, 2014
Barron Collier High School has wonderful teacher's as well as great sports and activities programs. I had two of my children graduate from this school. Both children are successful in their adult lives. Of all the high schools in Naples I reate this the the highest

Barron Collier High School 4

Posted November 23, 2013
The Band alone gets my approval from this school. They are simply amazing and they are like no other band in Naples. If this school isn't proud of anything else they have going on there, then the band should without a doubt be one. The Principal and parents should be VERY proud of their children and their band director there at Barron Collier HS. Keep up the good work!

Posted October 27, 2013
I'm a senior at BCHS. This school's amazing! I've never wished to attend any other school. I never liked going to school until I attended Barron. BCHS is thriving at a higher rate academically than the other high schools, and we're also the only high school in Collier County with an A+ rating. The teachers are fantastic and are willing to work one-on-one to make sure you understand what they're teaching. The majority of the students are very kind and love to help other students as well. We have the BEST athletic programs and many students participate in clubs. Let's not forget the band. BCHS band is memorizing. I've never been so amazed. They have a wonderful appearance as well as exciting music and dance moves. Their band makes me want to run on the field and join them. They're always on step and they can entertain their viewers without the use of confetti. They don't snatch others drumline cadences like GCHS does. BCHS band has traveled to places like China, Paris, etc.. and they were the first band invited to march at the Governers Inaugural parade. BEST BAND! I'm proud of my school and the accomplishments we've made! I'm going to miss this school very much. GO BCHS COUGARS!(:

Barron Collier High School 4

Posted August 05, 2013
I have mixed feelings for BCHS, but most are positive.This coming school year I will be a sophomore. A lot of the teachers are really passionate about their job and I love it. But unfortunately there are those teachers who have given up because of the economy. I was lucky to get some great teachers my freshman year. The only negative thing I have to say about the school, are the students. A lot of them are rude to their peers and even the teachers. They act as if they are better than everyone just because they are wearing fancy brands or their parents bought them a new $40,000 car. But this is Naples, so you have to expect this. Some of the students don't make positive choices with what they do for fun. Every high school has that, it's unavoidable. There ARE good people at this school though. I am excited for this year. This school has great clubs and sports. Join them! It's fun and a good way to spend your time. Nonetheless, I am proud to be a cougar! CAN'T WAIT FOR FOOTBALL SEASON! WOO!

Posted August 01, 2013
BCHS is by far the best High School in Collier County based on academic achievement. It is the only HS in Collier County with a National ranking!!

Posted April 17, 2013
My daughter has spent her entire high school years at BCHS and will be graduating this May. My son attends there and is a rising junior. Both of my children have attended private schools in the past and this was their first taste of the public system. We were all apprehensive, as we feared it wouldn't be easy transitioning from a small school into one with over 1800 students. All our fears were unfounded, however, as both of my children thrived at BCHS. The academics are outstanding and most of the teachers and staff are very dedicated. The student must be willing to work, though, as there are a lot of students and those who choose not to apply themselves could easily fall by the wayside. Appropriately, the teaching efforts are dedicated to the students who, at least, show they are interested in learning. Although it is a large school, the teachers and staff know each individual student and there appears to be a great deal of respect, which goes both ways, between the students and teachers/staff. The academics are stellar and my children have thrived there. Yes, the building doesn't look great, but it's definitely what's on the inside that counts here! A+++

Barron Collier High School 3

Posted January 09, 2013
I went to this school for my first semester of Freshman year. The school is boring and dull. Some teachers are better than others. Some teachers don't understand what they're teaching, others are too lazy to teach, but in all most teachers are rude in this school and have nasty attitudes. I am a straight A student in all Honors level courses. If you want to graduate and better yourself in this school you will have to do a lot of alone studying and teaching yourself what your teacher can't. The school has NO violence, literally none. The teachers do get on your nerves after a while with their constant bickering. The hallways are crowded and the Principal/Assistant principal are the worst in my opinion. The school is very prejudice towards hispanics/blacks and show much favoritism towards their wealthy, caucasian students. There are many problems, but overall the learning environment is ok. The violence there is none. The teachers are rude, but everything can't be perfect.

Barron Collier High School 1

Posted June 29, 2012
Was this School Compound a former Penitentiary? As a potential prospect, I would not allow my children to attend this dump! What a disappointment!!! Unsure of what happens on the inside, but I certainly don't want to stick around to find out!!

Barron Collier High School 1

Posted May 23, 2012
I'm very surprised to see the ratings on this school. My daughter attended BC for her freshman year and didn't do well at all. She went from being a straight A student to a struggling B/C student. The biggest problem I have with this school is the fact that a coach is teaching freshman algebra and constantly puts down the students when they don't understand the material. He was rude and didn't offer tutoring. The previous comment about the teachers who resent the students is true. My daughter heard more than one teacher complain about their job and that they don't make enough money to deal with the students. Also the staff favors the popular students and often overlooks their dress code violations which are many. My daughter was bullied and made fun of many times and she happens to be a beautiful girl who models. The school offers an expensive a la carte menu, leaving the children on free and reduced lunch to be singled out in a line by themselves. It is very well known that the wealthy students only buy a la carte. If you're a Naples resident who can give your child a BMW and if they excel in sports, you will be happy with this school. It should be called Naples 90210.

Barron Collier High School
5600 Cougar Drive, Naples, FL  34109
Last modified Barron Collier High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Barron Collier High School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 44 reviews.