Naples, FL
Students enrolled: 1,039

Oakridge Middle School
Teacher effectiveness: Effective

Posted July 07, 2015
Some teachers, like Ms. Duplaa, who teaches 7th grade language arts as of 2015, is one of the best teachers ever. Some teachers, however, are lacking and only do book work with the students.

Posted March 31, 2015
My child has been bullied since 6th grade and the teachers/staff haven't done anythingto fix it. The food is 100% unsafe. My child had the stomach flu for 3 weeks from eating the school's food. I am sick if coming home to hear my daughter talking about how sad she is because of the students. Did I forget to mention the school is full of germs! Yes they have green mold full grown on the concrete, pieces of gum from far back and the sewers are completely dirty! DO NOT SEND YOUR CHILD HERE!

Oakridge Middle School 4

Posted January 14, 2015
OMS is a great school. The music, art, business, and PE classes are wonderful. Almost all the teachers are friendly and engaging. I recommend this school to people considering going.

Posted October 20, 2014
Oakridge Middle School is a great place to make friends and a safe learning environment.

Posted December 21, 2013
Some staff can be unfriendly and there's not many teachers supervising the students in the hallways.

Posted April 30, 2013
My oldest daughter enetered this school this past year and is in the advanced program which has still held some challenge for her. They could work on the social aspect of the school, like dances and things that the kids actually like to attend, but educationally it is a great school.

Oakridge Middle School 4

Posted April 01, 2013
Oakridge Middle School I an above average school. I have gone to Oakridge for almost a whole year now. I am in all advanced classes except band and business. I am in the sixth grade and have found Oakridge to be like a party school. The kids there are all about getting in trouble, humiliating each other, and trying to find someone to "date". I myself am a very sophisticated, mature student who cares about having friends, however focusing on my school work too. my math teacher, and science teacher are not the best in the world because they are old and are in drop so when the retire after their five years they will have a lot of money. The band instructor is nice, If you are good at playing the instrument he chose for you. Other than that some of the kids are nice, most of the teachers are nice but don't teach good, and I learn fairly well. The office staff isn't the best, however they aren't the worst. I am truly proud to be a Bulldog!

Posted November 07, 2012
This school is a big disappointment. Bullying is a problem and not dealt with as being serious. For over two years this has been true for my child. This has all been more than any one person (my student) should have to bear. It has opened my eyes to just how little the district really intends on dealing with bullying. Majority of faculty and staff are unfriendly and make me feel like it's an imposition to them for me to be there. Yearly Open House is a joke and nothing more than teachers explaining their background, info on Angel, and a quick rundown of how the class is set up to run for that period. No time for questions from parents and again seemingly bothered if you do ask. My ESE student has not made progress two years in a row here. Mark of a truly great school is what it can do with those students ranking lower on test scores and struggling to reach grade level expectations. When you look at testing scores pay more attention to the sub-categories and see the lack of progress there. It can be a better gauge of how things really are. It's the last year to be in this school and there will be no regret at leaving it behind.

Posted December 09, 2010
Very disappointed with this school. My child's transition from a caring and supportive elementary school to this school was terrible and traumatic. My older daughter attended this school and this is where she learned about gangs and was accused of wearing gang-related clothing - when she had no idea what was wrong. Office staff are great but some teachers should be teaching juvenile delinquents (my opinion). Her self-esteem has suffered and I am taking her out of this school.

Posted February 05, 2010
This a great school and I dont know what I would do without all the great teachers and my education is amazing!

Oakridge Middle School
14975 Collier Boulevard, Naples, FL  34119
Last modified Oakridge Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Oakridge Middle School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 32 reviews. Top