Naples, FL
Students enrolled: 1,963

Posted February 25, 2015
Gulf Coast is known for its high academic scoring. They offer AP, AICE, and numerous honor level courses. Several successful sports teams, an abundance of school sponsored club options, and the absolute best band in the state. Yes, there are also groups of kids that drink and experiment with drugs but, every school in the US experiences some of that. It is not "clicky", and due to its large size there are always groups that welcome a new student into their mix. Have we had frustrating moments with GCHS? Yes, but we have always found the admin team & instructors to be very approachable with concerns.

Posted April 18, 2014
Outstanding administration and teachers! Wide array of courses to appeal to varied interests and future goals! Awesome band and sports programs!

Posted February 23, 2014
A happy, safe and effective learning environment with many extra-curricular sports and activities on offer.

Posted October 31, 2013
This school has a wonderful band program, excellent academics with more National Merit Scholars than any other school in the District and a great Sports program. Academic results over the past fee years have been impressive. Definitely a five star school.

Gulf Coast High School 4

Posted June 01, 2013
My school is Gulf Coast High School and I love my school it is the best high school around.....I am a freshman and this year has been amazing... I never knew high school could be so much fun....well except for the homework part....and being in the best band in collier county is what really made it fun... I cannot wait for my 10th grade year to start already!!!!!!

Posted December 26, 2012
I'm a Freshman at GCHS and absolutely love it. I moved from Michigan and had a great experience my first time at the school. I have a 4.0 and feel support from all my teachers but I'm in honor classes so... On the Football team and Shark Battalion (JROTC). Everyone is extremely supportive in both and Mr. Fairbanks knows everyone's name. Absolutely loved my first semester and anyone who didn't, doesn't want to succeed.

Gulf Coast High School 4

Posted December 12, 2012
This school gives a pretty good education, almost all of my teachers are great and know what they are doing. I dont like how it is somewhat disorganized, and the chorus teacher is not that great. My last school's chorus class, which is also public, was extremely professional, nothing compared to the chorus class here. Also the E.S.O.L program is very poor, almost non-existen, it might be because there are not many non-english speakers in this school. I had a friend who was left without any help her first day of school, she didnt speak english, and she didnt know where to go, if it wasnt because I saw her struggling and asked her if she needed help, God knows what would've happened. Students here take a while to open themselves to new people, but after they do, they get to be really nice and fun, you just need to give them time. The only thing I hate the most, is that it takes around 20 minutes to get lunch, no matter what line you go to (expect the "la carte" one). I love how the principal is always involved in everything at school. The dress-code is too strict, almost ridiculous. But I guess that for Naples, this school is fine.

Posted March 14, 2012
As a sophomore & potential Laureate candidate at Gulf Coast High School, this school is phenomenal. It provides many different electives and areas of interest for students to further expand their ideas as to what they want to go to college for (i.e. Medical Academy, Drafting, TV Production, Marketing Academy). The Model UN Team in currently 10th in the nation, marching band having around 375 kids a year with many accolades in both performance and marching, GREAT teachers, as far as AP classes and honors are concerned. The people that I notice that complain the most about Gulf Coast are the kids that don't do ANYTHING and have NO GOALS. By "no goals" I mean, they take all regular classes, think it's funny to fail a class, don't behave, bad influences, and just do not take school seriously and can't wait to get out. When they talk about the "stuck up" people at Gulf Coast, they are mostly talking about themselves. Gulf Coast HIgh School has a wonderful set of teachers and are always willing to help. I actually enjoy going to school. They have not only of variety of classes, AP classes, and electives; but clubs and after-school activities too! Proud to be a Shark :)

Posted April 09, 2011
Absolutely love the school. Escaping from Palmetto Ridge to GCHS is a dream come true, as the school offers an immensely better learning enviroment, safer campus, dramatically better administration, and many more oppurtunities.

Posted November 19, 2010
I am a recent transfer student from another county, and I have to say, what I've experienced so far is phenomenal. After having attended for 3 months, I'm doing better than I had the last 2 years of high school. While they do not offer the kind of variety of classes as my previous school, what they do have is just great. All of my teachers are amazing, and they're genuinely interested in their students and will do anything in their power to help anyone struggling (and they're all AP classes). For the first time in my high school career I am interested in my classes and I look forward to learning the material. This is a good school for DEDICATED students, and it has much to offer. If any one child is struggling, it is because he or she chooses to do so. I don t know all of the teachers, but my younger sister who is a Freshman is taking all regular classes, and even those teachers, she says, are stupendous. We have never experienced this type of student/teacher interaction. Of course, there are kids who will say otherwise, but they must be trying especially hard to fail. Bottom line is: if you want it, they'll help you achieve it.

Gulf Coast High School
7878 Shark Way, Naples, FL  34119
Last modified Gulf Coast High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Gulf Coast High School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 36 reviews. Top