919 students|Collier

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)

Amount of homework: Agree

My son is not overloaded with HW; however, I do know that other parents say that sometimes, their students are up until 10:00 p.m. doing HW. I'm not really sure what the differences are among the programs ranging from Cambridge to ESE, but I would imagine that this is different for different parents/students.

As with most schools, you'll find good, great, and average teachers, and teachers who are hanging on waiting to retire. We're happy w/them. However, the administration basically lets the school run itself. It knows they've generally got a good group of kids & parents, and they rely on that as well as the solid teachers to keep the school running. They're a hands-off administration. That's a problem. If you have a problem, be ready to advocate advocate advocate for your child, because Laudise & Jackson don't have what it takes. Before we moved to our new home (and new bus), our kid rode a bus that was like every jailhouse yard brawl scene you've ever seen in any movie. Want to know how Laudise addressed the issue w/a few kids who created so many problems that the bus driver continually had to pull over the bus on Livingston, Immokalee, & Airport multiple times? He attempted to 'buy' the kids by saying that if the kids were good, he'd buy them pizza. Excuse me; my child is on a bus where the driver had to stop and reprimand a handful of kids. Instead of booting these kids from the bus, Laudise thought treating them like they're bribe-able kindergarten students is the right option. No. Some kid is endangering a bunch of others. Riding the bus is a privilege; it isn't a right. Kids who behave like that aren't looking for pizza; they're looking for attention, they're looking to their other buddies to egg them on. . .they have no discipline at home, and they don't care about being bribed by pizza. That's not discipline. Want to hear back from Jackson? Don't count on it. My experience: she avoids parents. Only way you'll hear from her is if you have become so irritated by something that you go over her head to the superintendent. Maybe she's close to retirement, because she's just not visible. Think you'll get a response to an email you sent? Even a "we're working on it" email? Don't count on it. Call and badger is the only way you're going to get a response. Perhaps it's different if you're dealing w/a problem child. Maybe she only deals with them. I'd think she'd want to get to know the good kids to balance out her day instead of only dealing w/problems. But if you've got a problem w/your good kid, forget it. I've had to badger her to get a response. I guess they can get away w/it based on school performance. But they need to be more visible/accessible.

Effective school leaders: Strongly disagree

I already stated my reasoning for the lack of leadership at this school in my overall review. The fact that the administration is not visible, do not respond to parents unless badgered, and that the good kids say "no, the principals don't know who I am" is a problem. Administrators should know the names of all the kids, not just the bad kids who yo-yo into their offices each week.

Develops character: Agree

Socratic circles in language arts allows students to not only voice what they want to say, but they make students *LISTEN* to what other students are saying before speaking.

When we moved to Florida from Wisconsin, I was afraid to put my daughter in public schools because I had heard the schools down here were not good. THAT WAS NOT THE CASE with North Naples Middle. We have been incredibly happy with the teachers, the academics, and the the school in general. Our daughter WANTS to go to school every day. How could we ask for more?

This is an amazing school, as it offers many different classes for all level of students. The teachers and the administration is amazing. I would highly recommend this school!

Best teachers and administration!!!

north naples middle is a great school!!!! i think it is the best!! I love this school it is perfect in ever way i love this school and i think you 6th 7th or 8th grader will love this school!!! students are always conplaining about there school well u got a whole school full of kind love teachers that want you to do great on all of your test!! and they make sure that everyone is treated fairly!!! this school is a...no bully zone!!!! i highly reconmend this school!!!! beacause it is a great school!!!!

Very Good Personal make the difference; and that way , NNMS ist a Great Schools.

Great school!! Offers many choices in electives and high school preparation.

Last modified North Naples Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 10 out of 10 based on academic quality.