Naples, FL

Veterans Memorial Elementary School 2

Posted September 13, 2014
Coming from a highly rated public school from another state, I was in shock. The administration is positive, but many teachers are rude to students and put students down. Many of the classrooms are disorganized and chaotic. Social studies teaching time has been replaced by Science because the school has to teach to the state test. The entire year is paced according to a state test, which results in surface-type learning and thinking.

Posted June 16, 2013
I agree this ranking does not accurately reflect the quality of this school. I found the teachers and staff at this school to be wonderful! The principal left in the middle of the school year this past year which was disappointing, he was fantasti! I hope his leadership ideas continue.

Posted May 23, 2013
Great school. We have to children here and have had a wonderful experience. Teachers are very caring and provide the appropriate guidance.

Posted September 10, 2011
Great school. The website ranking doesn't accurately reflect the quality of this school because it is new. The facility and technology are second to none. Teachers are great and both our kids are very happy.

Posted July 12, 2011
Both of my kids attend VME my daughter is going to 3rd grade and my son just attended year of Pre-K and can't wait to go to K. The school teaching is little different as they have combined classes (K-1,2-3,4-5). The teachers are excellent they work in groups to make the progress together. I can't say enough for the principal, he greets the kids by their name every morning ( have no idea how he remembers) and have such a positive attitude, always willing to listen and makes changes to improve the school the students and the whole learning experience at VME. I am not involved with the PTO but I believe the families that are doing great job with everything.

Posted March 13, 2011
MY SON WENT TO VME FOR A YEAR. IT IS A GREAT SCHOOL. I LOVED THE STAFF AND THE TEACHERS.

Veterans Memorial Elementary School 1

Posted February 16, 2011
Enrolled my first grade foster daughter into this school this morning. At her old school she was reading short stories and writing sentences. She came home with this weeks homework for Veterans Memorial Elementary and they were learning to write the letter Q... The office staff was also very rude and treated me horribly.

Posted August 11, 2010
I love VME! We are getting ready to start our 4th year at this school and can't ask for anything more. From the Principal to the teachers to the cafeteria staff, it is like one big family. We are a positive behavior school which means that there aren't as many referrals for bad behavior compared to other schools. We are blessed to be able to have this school in our district.

Posted October 17, 2009
What make VME different from all the other public elementary schools in the areas, is the students taught to master a skill and then move on. They use hands on manipulatives for concrete learning and multiple intelligence techniques to reach all learners. Pick this school if you want a solid foundation for your child with no hole in math or phonics. I don't mean Spalding Phonics which teaches all the sounds to the child and is totally useless in practice. Collier County Schools needs to update its whole language approach to reading and adopt a new phonics program that at least makes sense , they have done a wonderful job with the new math, let us pray for some help with reading.

Posted January 25, 2009
Although this school may not be for everyone, it is perfect for my 2 sons. They are excelling and getting challenged at the same time. Throughout the day, they see so many of their friends...they don't just sit in one classroom. The staff and teachers are great and so open-minded! Love it!

Veterans Memorial Elementary School
15960 Veterans Memorial Boulevard, Naples, FL  34110
Last modified Veterans Memorial Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 10 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Veterans Memorial Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 13 reviews. Top