2,029 students|Santa Rosa

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Disagree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)

Develops character: Strongly disagree

Everything seems like a popularity contest. The students are close minded and judgmental.

I'm a student, currently a junior. So I've had some time to learn how things work and what the experience at this school is really like. To start off I would like to say that I am unimpressed and quite dissapointed. The school pours all of its money into the football season so they are left with almost nothing for anything else besides prom. I find that the teachers here are not that good at all. They just give you pointless work half the time just to keep you busy or they are preparing you for an exam. I don't know, the staff don't seem that passionate about what they teach. It shows in there teaching abilities. Being a shy, quiet, and perhaps lonely kid at school I have realized that the teachers are quick to judge and don't really try to connect with their students. That's just my experience, maybe if I was an outgoing athlete I would have a good experience at school. I can dress like every other follower here, claiming to be unique. That's not really the schools fault though, I don't hate NHS. I just think it could definitely change but it probably won't. In fact this review probably won't do anything. Anyway, the ciriculum taught in class doesn't really engage me. Alot of teachers just throw you a bunch of work without making sure you know the information. The student body is awful, I suffer from great scrutiny and judgment from everyone. I don't fit in and the school doesn't really help me feel anymore comfortable. I notice other students are bullied as well, worse than myself. I suppose you can't really change that though. So to conclude, I would more or less recommend this school to anyone who has a strong sense of school pride and who enjoys pep rallies. If you are more quiet and maybe depressed, go to online school. Everything here is a joke. This school sucks the life out of me. I'm creative and unique but I find no inspiration or motivation to do anything at all thanks to NHS. Much love.

I was a Sophomore (also my whole Freshman year) at this school, I recently moved, but my experience at this school was horrible. I was bullied a lot at this school and nobody seemed to care. It's the worst school I've ever attended, teachers don't know how to teach, and all they teach you is how to pass the huge exam at the end of the year. Tons of bullying happens at this school. Would I ever go back? No.

Do not attend this school. Do not allow your children to attend this school. The school is filled with "wanna be ghetto" kids. Faculty is a joke and spend more time prowling the young girls. Stay as far away as possible. No good will come from your child attending this school. They're better off driving another 25 minutes to Gulf Breeze High school

The school is an OK school. There has been some bullying and some of the teachers are not the best. I have had some teachers there that were magnificent. The student body could use a reality check but you cannot change people. I will be a sophomore this year and I really hope the school has improved the teaching staff. Algebra 2 teachers have almost all been fired. I hope the school will be a little better. Other than that it is a good learning environment. I really like the college courses and honors courses that are offered at the school too!

Very disappointed. Our daughter loved her schools until now. Teachers show little interest in actually teaching and only seem interested in prepping the kids for the state exams. We understand it was a good school at one time, but been in a steady decline over past several years. And, the campus really needs work...a real dump!

Hi I'm a special needs child in ese and Im being bullied at school and the staff there is no help the school is turning the blame to me when I'm the victim i hate this school

Like all public schools, there are good and bad things to report. My son graduated in 2008 from Navarre High. His education there was adequate, but not competitive. Teachers and staff were unresponsive to my requests/concerns. A few of the teachers are truly outstanding; but most seem to be just punching their time until retirement eligible. Since he graduated there has been a change in guidance counselors and staff; so there's hope. But if you have an alternative school available, recommend you enroll your child there rather than in Navarre High. My daughter enters 9th grade this coming year and I am moving simply because I do not want her to enter this school. She deserves a better HS education than the one she'd get if I stay here and she attends , I was looking for a job when I found this one so I'm confident I'll find a job

My daughter loves this school. We have been very pleased with the teachers and staff. She has excelled and is currently the top 10% of her class.

Outstanding school! As a former high school teacher and coach, I am a picky parent. They're not perfect, but strive to be. One son has graduated and another enrolled currently. We've been here for nearly 10 years and see constant efforts to grow and improve.

Last modified Navarre High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.