PK, 3-5
Navarre, FL
Students enrolled: 1,021

Posted June 07, 2013
Great school, great Staff, very nice teachers that care about teaching. My daughter has excelled in this school and the FCAT scores prove it. Best school district BY FAR in the State of Florida.

Posted January 17, 2012
My son has graduated from this school and my daughter is now attending. We have had NO issues to speak of. The teachers are fantastic and care about their students. They do the best they can within the budget constraints they face so don't be surprised if there is no gymnasium or band class. They may teach to alot of the FCAT but what do you want them to teach to? Liberal philosophy? Finger painting? They teach the 3 Rs well and throw in other honest learning such as social studies and science. Tomorrow when we have more money than we know what to do with we can buy all new band equipment, a new gym and playground, ipads for all the students and have a 5:1 student to teacher ratio. Until then the basics will have to do and West Navarre does it well. Look at it this way, other schools teach to the FCAT as well...and still fail.

West Navarre Intermediate School 1

Posted September 01, 2011
the principle at this school is the rudest person ive every met she should never became a principle my child has been in holly navarre inter. since kindergarten we moved and now he has to go to west navarre and its the worst school im going to move back to the holly navarre district that's how bad the principle is

Posted October 09, 2009
They are on top of everything and very happy with this school.

Posted May 17, 2009
My daughter went to this school for three years before we moved out of state. I agree with the other reviews that way TOO much emphasis was put on the FCAT. I also did not feel welcome and was treated very rudely on more than one occasion by the principal (Ratliff). My daughter did have some great teachers there, but they were limited with what they could do because of the principal's 'rule'. I wouldn't want my son to go there because the kids weren't allowed to be kids, they didn't have recess or get to do anything fun. It was just study, study, study for the FCAT. It was a blessing we moved.

Posted April 24, 2009
My child attends West Navarre Intermediate School. I could not be more happy with a school. They employ WONDERFUL teachers and staff. I rate the school an absolute 10!!

Posted April 22, 2009
hi im a student at WNIS i love it there i think its the best school in the world they have very good way of teaching and i dont want to have any other school

Posted January 30, 2009
We just moved here from California and to say WNIS is far superior to the school my daughter attended there would be an understatement. My daughter loves her teacher and welcomes the academic challenges with open arms. WNIS is very well-organized and appears to have a large number of parents involved in the school, although I haven't seen a newsletter from the PTO yet. The office staff (especially Caroline) is very helpful and informative. The pick-up/drop-off works really well. The only complaint I have is the librarian, who has more than on one occasion, discouraged my daughter from reading. Yes, I agree that there is way too much emphasis on the FCAT, which in all fairness, is how schools and principals are rated. The majority of schools in the U.S. focus on passing their standardized tests instead of actually 'teaching,' albeit WNIS does spend a little more than I'm used to.

Posted December 02, 2008
This school and florida schools for that matter put way too much attention on FCAT. The principal of this school rules with an iron fist and the parents are not involed at all. Notes arent even sent home for discipline issues.

Posted November 13, 2008
My child has attended school here since she was in kindergarten (before it changed to an intermediate school) and I've had nothing but positive experiences here. My child has had some special-needs issues, and the school has always been helpful. Last year, when she had some academic issues, the teacher called us in for a conference and set out a plan to deal with those issues and she improved. She has loved all of her teachers. Of course it's not perfect, but not many schools are. I read some of these reviews and wonder if our kids are at the same school! I've always been greeted warmly when I've come in and felt welcome when I can for lunch or to volunteer.

1970 Cotton Bay Lane, Navarre, FL  32566
Last modified West Navarre Intermediate School is a Public school that serves grades PK, 3-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.
West Navarre Intermediate School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 33 reviews. Top