PK, 3-5|Public district
1,033 students|Santa Rosa

Bad
Good

my daughter goes to this school and he school is a wonderful school and I would recommend this school to any parent and they have been amazing to my little she is in pre-k and her teachers that is in her room with her is amazing with her and has done amazing job with her and I recommend Sherry Hobbs has a teacher for a ESE teacher she is wonderful

Great school, great Staff, very nice teachers that care about teaching. My daughter has excelled in this school and the FCAT scores prove it. Best school district BY FAR in the State of Florida.

My son has graduated from this school and my daughter is now attending. We have had NO issues to speak of. The teachers are fantastic and care about their students. They do the best they can within the budget constraints they face so don't be surprised if there is no gymnasium or band class. They may teach to alot of the FCAT but what do you want them to teach to? Liberal philosophy? Finger painting? They teach the 3 Rs well and throw in other honest learning such as social studies and science. Tomorrow when we have more money than we know what to do with we can buy all new band equipment, a new gym and playground, ipads for all the students and have a 5:1 student to teacher ratio. Until then the basics will have to do and West Navarre does it well. Look at it this way, other schools teach to the FCAT as well...and still fail.

the principle at this school is the rudest person ive every met she should never became a principle my child has been in holly navarre inter. since kindergarten we moved and now he has to go to west navarre and its the worst school im going to move back to the holly navarre district that's how bad the principle is

They are on top of everything and very happy with this school.

My daughter went to this school for three years before we moved out of state. I agree with the other reviews that way TOO much emphasis was put on the FCAT. I also did not feel welcome and was treated very rudely on more than one occasion by the principal (Ratliff). My daughter did have some great teachers there, but they were limited with what they could do because of the principal's 'rule'. I wouldn't want my son to go there because the kids weren't allowed to be kids, they didn't have recess or get to do anything fun. It was just study, study, study for the FCAT. It was a blessing we moved.

My child attends West Navarre Intermediate School. I could not be more happy with a school. They employ WONDERFUL teachers and staff. I rate the school an absolute 10!!

hi im a student at WNIS i love it there i think its the best school in the world they have very good way of teaching and i dont want to have any other school

We just moved here from California and to say WNIS is far superior to the school my daughter attended there would be an understatement. My daughter loves her teacher and welcomes the academic challenges with open arms. WNIS is very well-organized and appears to have a large number of parents involved in the school, although I haven't seen a newsletter from the PTO yet. The office staff (especially Caroline) is very helpful and informative. The pick-up/drop-off works really well. The only complaint I have is the librarian, who has more than on one occasion, discouraged my daughter from reading. Yes, I agree that there is way too much emphasis on the FCAT, which in all fairness, is how schools and principals are rated. The majority of schools in the U.S. focus on passing their standardized tests instead of actually 'teaching,' albeit WNIS does spend a little more than I'm used to.

This school and florida schools for that matter put way too much attention on FCAT. The principal of this school rules with an iron fist and the parents are not involed at all. Notes arent even sent home for discipline issues.

Last modified West Navarre Intermediate School is a Public school that serves grades PK, 3-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.