Bad
Good

My daughter has been at HNP for 2 years. We thought we got a bit unlucky with the Kindergarten teacher, but ran into the same problems in first grade. They hardly ever get to go outside, which is a big deal for a 6/7 year old. They are constantly watching movies or television shows. For a parent that limits the amount of television their child views this is a great concern. TV at P.E., lunch, and in their regular class. One day she came home and had watched 3 Disney movies. Considering each averages 60-90 minutes, three hours of her six hour SCHOOL day was in-front of a television. Her writing actually got worse in first grade, especially when comparing Kindergarten with first grade work. The teacher failed to see this as a concern. Considering your options are limited if you live on a certain side of 87 it looks as if a drive to FWB is going to be required to get her to a different school for 2nd grade. On a positive note, the staff seems to be friendly to the children. Bullying doesn't seem to be an issue and when the children are acting up the staff seems to take action.

This is an excellent school! My daughter has attended HNP for the past two years and I couldn't be happier with our experience. The staff is friendly and easy to communicate with. They truly care about the students and it shows! I was surprised to read the negative comments below. I always encourage my friends and other parents to place themselves inside the classroom if you have a problem or concern. HNP LOVES volunteers and they welcome volunteers. I've spent a lot of time volunteering during the past two years and I can tell you that this school is incredible!

We are a military family and just enrolled our son in Holley-Navarre Primary. I was excited about this choice cause I heard great things about the school and the building is new. However, after four months, I have became quite disappointed. My son, who is advanced, isnt being challenged enough like at his old school. And since we will be moving in a few years, I'm afraid that he may be behind at the next school we move to. Also, the shorter school hours and lack of recess concerns me. Therefore, I'm looking into private schools.

The jury is still out for the final verdict. That being said, we are not impressed. Our son has attended for the last 3 weeks, and each week our opinion has been getting lower and lower. Our son's teach doesn't seem involved with the class, the faculty don't seem to communicate with us on what is going on in the school and, after only 3 weeks of observation, the teaching wants to talk to us about holding him back because he is not keeping up with the curriculum. Our son has not indicated that his teacher is working with him to catch up, nor has there been any outward signs that he is learning. This school is moving at such a fast pace that he is simply slipping further behind and no one at the school is doing anything about it. Also, we have tried toe get him into programs to get him caught up, but the faculty tells us they are all full and they will not be accepting any new students. We have also asked to have our son tested for anxiety, but we have been essentially ignored on that count and been told that "we are not worrying about that right now." All in all very disappointed and feel very misled about this school.

This school is acceptable. The staff and faculty are all very pleasant and helpful and the school still appears brand new. I was, however, not impressed by the large number of students in each class and that most of the day is spent 'discipling' rather than teaching. I feel that the teachers are often teaching to the students who are behind, rather than trying to teach to the students at grade level or above - and consequently, all the children suffer. Their art and music programs are only offered for 30 minutes once every 6 days, which leaves plenty to be desired. There are no extra curricular options available. PE is offered 5 out of every 6 days and although they do a lot of cooperative games in PE, they still put stress on running laps and doing pull-ups, etc... which is just not appropriate for such young children.

I am completely in love with this school and I am so glad we are zone to attend it over West Navarre (which is still a good school). I love how involved all of the teachers are. They have a great program in place where positive behavior is reinforced with Sandpiper dollars which can be used periodically at a store or to get to wear pajama's to school. My daughter is always excited to go to school. Also, they have a great art, music and PE classes.

Since my daughter started attending Holley-Navarre Primary she has become smarter, more patient and she even has better manners. The teachers as well as volunteers are always helpful in any situation.

Last modified Holley-Navarre Primary School is a Public school that serves grades K-2