935 students|Duval

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Agree (3 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (3 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (2 responses)

Effective school leaders: Strongly disagree

Leadership needed to be replaced years ago.

Teacher effectiveness: Strongly agree

They are all very effective! My oldest was expected to exceed the academic standard and the teachers found creative approaches in doing so. My youngest may need extra time and repetitive lessons, but always met grade level expectations with extra verbal reminders, prompts, and visuals.

Amount of homework: Agree

My children were given work that followed the curriculum, standards, and classroom activities. My youngest was always accommodated by given extra time and a weekend to complete her homework. The amount was appropriate for them to complete assignments and have after school activities/family time.

Develops character: Strongly agree

My youngest daughters teacher immeately approached me about how we could work together to meet her emotional and social needs. She was honest and fair with my daughter about what she was doing and how she was expected to behave. She met with both of us regularly and did it with integrity and grace. When a teacher approaches you this way, you know that she conducts her classroom the same way! My daughters behavior in 4 months time drastically changed both in the class and at home for the better!

My children were enrolled the last 4 months of 2015-2016 school year. We are absolutely thrilled with both of our daughters academic, social, and emotional growth. The first thing my girls noticed was how all of the teachers, paraprofessionals, staff, even the crossing guard were smiling. The school puts out a wonderful warm vibe that makes everyone smile, which says a lot about their character! One of my daughters was finally given the psychological/ academic testing that the previous school put off! My oldest will be a safety patroller next year! They are both in classes that are welcoming and push them to not only meet nut exceed academic standards! All of the teachers and staff are very nice and willing to go the extra mile. They are fabulous with special needs and even house the CSS extended school year program. We are proud to say as small business owners that we will be sponsoring them next year. They have made such a positive impact in our children's lives that we hope to help support them as much as they have us!

Develops character: Neutral

I feel parents play a big role in honesty and integrity. They do practice good values that enforce what you teach at home.

My son started school this past year and we love NBE. He has learned so much from Mrs. Maury. He enjoys going to school everyday and has started reading. Age 4 and reading beyond a kindergarten level is impressive. Thanks for providing a great year NBE.

My daughter attended NBE from K-5th grade. I have not ran into anyone at that school that is less than pleasant. The atmosphere is calm and laid back. My daughter made A/B honor the entire time. At times when she was struggling, she received the help she needed. She became a patrol and loved working with everyone at the school. My younger daughter is now in 1st grade at the school and I am looking forward to spending another 5 years involved with Neptune Beach Elementary.

I am new to the area and new to the school. I have three children attending at this time and I will be transferring them out. im very disappointed in the lack of communication. I've emailed a certain teacher who fails to get back to me about issues. The staff was completely disorganized when I enrolled them. I was sent home with someone else's enrollment papers. All their personal info was on it including social security numbers. I have children who are not liking school because the other children are so disrespectful and out of control it scares them. I can walk into school and pick up my children and they fail to look at an ID to make sure the right person is picking them up. Complete disappointment. If you truly care about your childrens education take them else where.

If your child is TYPICAL or low functioning, NBE will likely meet those needs well. If your child falls somewhere in the middle with High Functioning Autism, ADHD, mild to moderate learning disabilities, or social skills deficits, they will fall into the cracks. You will probably fight NBE to get those needs acknowledged or met, all the while your child suffers trying to fit in to NBE parameters. My special needs child attended NBE from K through 5. They wait until the child falls far behind their peers, fails, or is bullied to begin to address the issues. Even then, the solutions offered are substandard and not proactive. No matter what, if your child is evaluated by NBE (or any DCPS) school for Developmental Disabilities or Learning Disabilities, insist upon an independent evaluation as well by someone who does not have money/funding at stake, as it is your right to request one. Your child's future may depend on it. My normal IQ child left NBE after 6 years reading on a 2nd grade level, and working well below grade level standards. Never did my child receive any language therapy despite my requests, but is now getting therapy in private school, and close to making B Honor Roll.

Last modified Neptune Beach Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.