935 students|Duval

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Just right (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Very effective (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Teacher (1 response)

Grateful to: Teacher

Posted February 02, 2016
Mrs. Maury you totally rock! Our son loves you and Ms. Hattfield. Couldn't made a better experience with a school transition.

Develops grit: Strongly agree

Posted February 02, 2016
Always going above and beyond for the next step. Pushing students to keep aiming for higher goals.

Develops honesty: Neutral

Posted February 02, 2016
I feel parents play a big role in honesty and integrity. They do practice good values that enforce what you teach at home.

Posted February 02, 2016
My son started school this past year and we love NBE. He has learned so much from Mrs. Maury. He enjoys going to school everyday and has started reading. Age 4 and reading beyond a kindergarten level is impressive. Thanks for providing a great year NBE.

Posted August 21, 2015
My daughter attended NBE from K-5th grade. I have not ran into anyone at that school that is less than pleasant. The atmosphere is calm and laid back. My daughter made A/B honor the entire time. At times when she was struggling, she received the help she needed. She became a patrol and loved working with everyone at the school. My younger daughter is now in 1st grade at the school and I am looking forward to spending another 5 years involved with Neptune Beach Elementary.

Posted April 05, 2015
I am new to the area and new to the school. I have three children attending at this time and I will be transferring them out. im very disappointed in the lack of communication. I've emailed a certain teacher who fails to get back to me about issues. The staff was completely disorganized when I enrolled them. I was sent home with someone else's enrollment papers. All their personal info was on it including social security numbers. I have children who are not liking school because the other children are so disrespectful and out of control it scares them. I can walk into school and pick up my children and they fail to look at an ID to make sure the right person is picking them up. Complete disappointment. If you truly care about your childrens education take them else where.

Posted September 06, 2014
If your child is TYPICAL or low functioning, NBE will likely meet those needs well. If your child falls somewhere in the middle with High Functioning Autism, ADHD, mild to moderate learning disabilities, or social skills deficits, they will fall into the cracks. You will probably fight NBE to get those needs acknowledged or met, all the while your child suffers trying to fit in to NBE parameters. My special needs child attended NBE from K through 5. They wait until the child falls far behind their peers, fails, or is bullied to begin to address the issues. Even then, the solutions offered are substandard and not proactive. No matter what, if your child is evaluated by NBE (or any DCPS) school for Developmental Disabilities or Learning Disabilities, insist upon an independent evaluation as well by someone who does not have money/funding at stake, as it is your right to request one. Your child's future may depend on it. My normal IQ child left NBE after 6 years reading on a 2nd grade level, and working well below grade level standards. Never did my child receive any language therapy despite my requests, but is now getting therapy in private school, and close to making B Honor Roll.

Posted October 24, 2013
Neptune Beach Elem. has a staff of caring individuals ..... teachers and program sponsors, including scouts and patrols at the 5th grade level. I signed in as a parent but actually am a great grand mother and assist in afterschool pick up and as many fund raisers as I am able.

Posted September 19, 2013
This school is such a disappointment. They failed to acknowledge issues my daughter had been diagnosed with and said that until she failed there was nothing they could do - even worse her 3rd grade teacher picked on her for said issues in front of her whole class!! The best decision I ever made was pulling her out of Neptune.

Posted September 10, 2013
My daughter is starting kindergarten this year and she just loves it! The teachers here are great and make learning so fun for the kids! Even the bus drivers are awesome! I've met with most of the staff and so far there isn't anyone I don't like!

1515 Florida Boulevard, Neptune Beach, FL  32266
Last modified Neptune Beach Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.