Neptune Beach, FL

Neptune Beach Elementary School 1

Posted September 06, 2014
If your child is TYPICAL or low functioning, NBE will likely meet those needs well. If your child falls somewhere in the middle with High Functioning Autism, ADHD, mild to moderate learning disabilities, or social skills deficits, they will fall into the cracks. You will probably fight NBE to get those needs acknowledged or met, all the while your child suffers trying to fit in to NBE parameters. My special needs child attended NBE from K through 5. They wait until the child falls far behind their peers, fails, or is bullied to begin to address the issues. Even then, the solutions offered are substandard and not proactive. No matter what, if your child is evaluated by NBE (or any DCPS) school for Developmental Disabilities or Learning Disabilities, insist upon an independent evaluation as well by someone who does not have money/funding at stake, as it is your right to request one. Your child's future may depend on it. My normal IQ child left NBE after 6 years reading on a 2nd grade level, and working well below grade level standards. Never did my child receive any language therapy despite my requests, but is now getting therapy in private school, and close to making B Honor Roll.

Posted October 24, 2013
Neptune Beach Elem. has a staff of caring individuals ..... teachers and program sponsors, including scouts and patrols at the 5th grade level. I signed in as a parent but actually am a great grand mother and assist in afterschool pick up and as many fund raisers as I am able.

Neptune Beach Elementary School 1

Posted September 19, 2013
This school is such a disappointment. They failed to acknowledge issues my daughter had been diagnosed with and said that until she failed there was nothing they could do - even worse her 3rd grade teacher picked on her for said issues in front of her whole class!! The best decision I ever made was pulling her out of Neptune.

Posted September 10, 2013
My daughter is starting kindergarten this year and she just loves it! The teachers here are great and make learning so fun for the kids! Even the bus drivers are awesome! I've met with most of the staff and so far there isn't anyone I don't like!

Neptune Beach Elementary School 4

Posted August 24, 2013
this school was wonderful to go to as k-5 student there I loved the experience. the staff was amazing, I could tell they all had a genuine love of children.

Posted August 19, 2013
I went to neptune beach el. for 5 years and the school has great kind teachers that will give your kids a amazing experience and prepare them for each grade. It is a safe school that has many saftey patrols to whatchover the young students and a group of great staff at command. They have great teachers at each grade,in my opinion mrs.vicky kennedy is the best teacher of this schools staff and is good with all her students.

Posted December 30, 2012
I love this school. My son has grown so much here thanks to the caring, well trained staff. A real family feel for all.

Neptune Beach Elementary School 0

Posted April 16, 2010
This has been an excellent school with fabulous teachers. Their extended day program has also been exceptional. I feel my child has gotten as good of sn education here,as when he has attended private schools.

Neptune Beach Elementary School 3

Posted February 05, 2010
This is our first year at Neptune Beach. I have one child in 3rd grade and one in 5th. I heard so many good things about this school, and I keep trying to have a positive outlook, but it's fading fast as the year comes to a close. My 3rd grader has been fortunate enough to have wonderful teachers who have worked with her and are a pleasure to deal with. And my 5th grader, fortunately, has two teachers; otherwise the year would be a total loss. His homeroom teacher is just a waste of time. I've made only one attempt to conference with the principal, but have yet, after almost two weeks, to receive an appointment. Most of the staff are parent-friendly, which has helped, but I have had occasions where a teacher and the asst. principal have been disrespecful. So I'm trying to keep an open mind ...

Neptune Beach Elementary School 2

Posted January 21, 2010
I have a child that attends Neptune Beach Elementary in grade K. I am becoming less and less happy with this school. I find that some of the staff including the Assistant Principal Bonnie Palmer speak to parents and students with disrespect and disregard for their feelings. They seem very agitated and unhappy with their jobs. They really need to change their attitudes or find other work. When it comes to homework for grade K there is a lack of communication. The best thing about this school is that my son has many friends.

Neptune Beach Elementary School
1515 Florida Boulevard, Neptune Beach, FL  32266
Last modified Neptune Beach Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Neptune Beach Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 30 reviews. Top