No rating

Beaches Chapel School

Private | PK-12 | 254 students

Living in Neptune Beach

Situated in a suburban neighborhood. The median home value is $244,600. The average monthly rent for a 2 bedroom apartment is $820.

Posted March 5, 2012

I have a daughter in PreK and one in 2nd grade. This is our first year at Beaches Chapel so I can only speak for the elementary program. We are so happy to have our children in a loving, Christian environment at Beaches Chapel. Kudos to the leadership who makes worshiping God and putting Him first priority. Starting every day with praise and worship sets a tone for not only students but staff and even parents about what our day should be centered around. I am equally as impressed with the emphasis that the school places on physical activity and outdoor time. Academics- important? Absolutely...but when our children have a properly fostered relationship with Jesus and a healthy body, the academics will be that much easier for them to comprehend and handle. Since entering PreK my daughter has gone from barely recognizing most of her letters to starting to reading words on her own...in 7 months!! My 2nd grader (who started out the year in first grade) is flourishing and her learning environment is so enriched with creative teaching techniques that make learning fun AND effective! LOVE this school. The one thing I would change would be the lunch menu..need healthier options!

Posted August 14, 2011

I am appalled to read anything but positive review of both principals. To say that either does not care about academic well being of the students is simply stupidity on the part of the person writing it. Maybe your child has issues that they weren't able to "fix," instead of you taking the time to help your child? My children scored into the high school levels as an ELEMENTARY student! And, now as high school students, their academic track is enhanced by the work the high school principal put into action to bring NOT ONLY dual enrollment/college credit courses, but now this year AP classes, as well! Not to mention my children earned high school credits through the aggressive academic program the principal put into place for those who qualify for it in the middle school. We can't wait for the gym to be built too, and appreciate all the principal is doing to make sure our children have such an important part of any school to their time in school. How could anyone say this is not part of a child's education? PE, volleyball, basketball, cheerleading, dances, homecoming, reunions - all of these things take place in a gym. BCS is a great school and is lead by great leaders!

Posted July 13, 2011

This is a great school if you are looking for a place where your child's teachers will care about what's happening with your child. I am constantly kept up to date when my children are facing challenges and when they are doing great too. My children have been in the elementary and the middle school and the high school. At each level they have been given a good academic education. Their chapel time is the best we've ever experienced anywhere. We love everything about Beaches!

Posted June 25, 2011

Beaches Chapel has a great elementary school. The teachers and Principal are outstanding in the Elementary School. However, the High School/Middle School is lacking in ALL aspects. Yes, the High School new but the focus seems to be sports and sports and more sports. And sole emphasis is on acquiring a gymnasium that has nothing to do with education. All monies donated and tuition is not put where they promise. Education and skills needed for College are secondary to administration s personal agenda. The High School Principal does not have a clue about education and is clearly only running a business.

Posted June 1, 2011

My son attended Beaches Chapel for 3 years and absolutely loved it. We had a bit of a rough start, but the teachers were always willing to meet with us and discuss a plan to get my son on the right track. I did notice that some of the parents were "clique-ish", but I never let that get in the way of my son's involvement with the school. We've moved out of the area, and now I'm tasked with finding a school that he will enjoy as much as BCS.

Posted May 23, 2011

The school needs a lot of improvement, and they were not ready to open a high school. Some teachers are nice, while certain teachers need to be spoken to about their personal involvement with the students. The teachers also complain on a daily basis about their pay, and the school all together. The principal is nice, but has no clue whats going on, and unfortunately doesn't care to.

Posted May 20, 2011

This school is noneducational the teachers bring the children down in their greatest and is rude and inconsiderate of the children. The teachers do their own thing and sone leave for more than 5 times in one class period. The children do not learn anything! I am a former student and now home schooled

Posted March 20, 2011

The teachers in the high school were 50/50. 50% Were wonderful and dedicated and 50% seemed to bring their personal issues into the classroom or they would favor certain students, prior students were favored over new students. the coaches were the BEST ever however the principal seemed to be out-of-the-loop and very harsh on punishments leading to punishment not fitting the crime. Some students would receive a slap on the wrist and other students would receive supspension for the SAME behavior. Very inconsistant methods.

Posted January 7, 2011

I have four children at this school and they LOVE it! We joked about moving to the mountains and they actually started crying about leaving their school. The teachers have a passion for teaching and give so much effort and time to their students! It truly is the best opportunity for your child's success, spirit, soul and body!

Posted April 13, 2010

Love it! I've had 3 children attend since 1988 and all have done well. BCS now has a high school too. Excellent spiritually and academically.

Posted February 17, 2010

My child went to this school last year (08-09) and loved it. I loved my child's teacher and my child did too. However, the school is full of cliques. Some of the parents are worse than the kids.

Posted January 7, 2009

I have three children that attend Beaches Chapel and it is the best!!! I love it and my children love it. The connection between school and family is wonderful. This school provides it all!!

Posted March 2, 2008

My Daughter goes here and out of all the schools I looked at on this side of town it seem to have the best in education I wanted for my child

Asian or Asian/Pacific Islander 1% 3%

Instructional and/or curriculum models used
  • Accelerated credit learning
  • Gifted / high performing
  • Honors track

Before school or after school care / program onsite
  • After school
  • Before school
  • Coed
Is there an application process?
Affiliation

• Gifted / high performing
  • Honors track
  • Independent Study
  • Virtual school
Specific academic themes or areas of focus

• Religious

• Drama
Media arts
  • Video / Film production

Student clubs

Clubs (distinct from courses)
  • Yearbook