No rating

The Beaches School

Private | PK-1, 3-9 | 93 students

Living in Neptune Beach

Situated in a suburban neighborhood. The median home value is $244,600. The average monthly rent for a 2 bedroom apartment is $820.

Posted June 18, 2014

I send my son The Beaches school because of the safe environment and educational possibilities that this school offers. The teachers and staff alike are well aware of the troubles that parents nowadays have in making a decision where to send their children to school. This is my 2nd year of sending my son to this school I feel more confident than ever and she will have a better opportunity to learn all of the required skills to better prepare her for the world that lies ahead. Teachers communicate with the children and parents regarding any concerns with education and are more than willing to help the children with tutoring and keep the parents aware of any progress made. I hope to continue on this journey of education with my son, and to send him to the Beaches school in the future. A parent of the Beaches School

Posted April 2, 2014

The school is very involved in nutrition and health. They have personal trainers who work with the students. They have weekly yoga. They have a great nutrition curriculum and encourage active, healthy kids. The have a "no screen time" policy which makes me sure my child is not sitting in front of a tv. The class size is small and as a parent I feel the schools open door policy for parents is quite refreshing when compared to other schools. Having my child at The Beaches School gives me great peace of mind.

Posted September 20, 2013

We like the School. The teachers are actually good, with time for each student - unlike over crowded public schools with 16+ kids /class. schools. Obviously though with a smaller school without the big funding they lack some programs.

Posted August 27, 2013

My school takes special time with each individual student. I'm very glad I found The Beaches School for my daughter. I recommend this school for any student on any level.

Posted August 11, 2013

I feel very fortunate that my children attend The Beaches School. The staff is attentive and caters to the needs of the students on an individual level. The students PE program utilizes personal training instructors. My child is always excited to go to school and the small class size makes the school such a close and supportive community. I really feel like everyone at the school has my childs' best interests in mind with every decision they make.

Posted November 29, 2011

My children have been at The Beaches School for two years and I have been very disappointed. After two years, they were behind academically and emotionally. The environment of the school is nothing but negative. Teachers were unprofessional. I regret sending my children there. They are many other wonderful choices for private school out there but Beaches School is not worth considering.

Posted November 29, 2011

The school is lack of resources that any private school should have. They do not have library or gymnastic. They do not have music teacher nor the program. The teaching method is nothing but haphazard. Teachers are of sub par standard. Disciplining methods were not effective and lack of consistency.Teachers do not behave as role model for students. If you'd like waste your time and money, this place is just for you.

Posted December 3, 2008

My son is at The Beaches School and is doing wonderful work. He is being challenged and is exceeding tearcher expectations. He has learned so much since arriving at the school. Hats off to the teachers at The Beaches School. Thank you for making learning enjoyable.

Posted October 29, 2008

My children attended this school for 2 years. Then I chose to switch them to public school. Academically, The Beaches school is WAY BEHIND! I would NOT RECCOMEND this unsafe, accademically behind School to anyone. I was highly dissappointed to see the lack of skill the teachers have. the principal never showed any possitive involvement.

Posted June 15, 2006

Academics are more one on one than in public schools. The parents are a definite part of the school

Posted May 8, 2006

We have been more then impressed by the level of attention and support the teachers and staff have given our sons. We look forward to another year with this school and with their staff.

Posted December 14, 2005

The Red School house has been an asset to our family academically and socially. My grade school child attended when he was younger and my 3 year old has attended since he was a little over a year. The teachers here are poised to guide the children to learn social and academic skills through play and fundamentally educate the children by repetition, kindness and calmness. Family values and participation is not only welcomed but encouraged. My older son went to a larger school owned by a corporation and while it was a nice school the value of teachers and curricullum was not enforced as it is at the Red School House.

Posted May 18, 2004

Strong emphasis on learning and personal responsibility. Christian environment. Very small class sizes allow individual attention.

Posted July 31, 2003

This school individualizes learning for the children and it shows in their mannerisms and leadership ablilty.

Asian or Asian/Pacific Islander 6% 3%

Teacher resources

Special staff resources available to students Assistant principal(s)
Read more about programs at this school
Source: Provided by a school official.

Science, Technology, Engineering, & Math (STEM)

• Computer lab

Arts & music

Visual arts
  • Painting

Health & athletics

• Kitchen

Before school or after school care / program onsite
  • Before school
  • After school
Best ways for parents to contact the school
  • Phone
Age at which early childhood or Pre-K program begins
  • 4 years old
  • Coed
Is there an application process?
Affiliation
  • Nonsectarian
Fax number
  • (904) 249-5241

Foreign languages taught
  • None

Staff resources available to students
  • Assistant principal(s)

Media arts

School culture

• Chaperone school trips
  • Volunteer in the classroom

This school accepts applications on a

rolling basis