New Port Richey, FL

Posted June 20, 2015
This area has fabulous schools all within a few miles radius of each other and we cannot be more happy with Odessa Elementary! Fabulous administrator, wonderful teachers both academically AND in the extra classes like music and art - awesome programs!!! Love the fact they have extra reading programs for struggling learners, science and music/art camps (WOW!) So many performances and PTO activities. LOVE, LOVE, LOVE!

Teacher effectiveness: Very effective

Posted June 20, 2015
I cannot say enough about the teachers my kids have had from 1st grade through 5th!! Considering all the garbage they have to do with overtesting and assessments, one would think where in the world do they find time to really teach??? But they do, and they use strategies to get to each individual kid. It also helps to have an involved parent because it is a partnership. Sadly I have heard of parents not responding to emails/parent conferences/etc. How unfair to those poor kiddos!

Amount of homework: Don't know

Posted June 20, 2015
I can't answer this for everybody. My oldest is an A student and gets everything done so quickly. When given a packet on 'Tuesday' to be returned the following Tuesday, it's done within a day or two. My other child sometimes drags it out which makes it seem like a lot when it really isn't. Every child is different and every parent who makes parameters for homework time is different.

Develops grit: Strongly agree

Posted June 20, 2015
No matter the subject area, my kids have loved every minute of school and have an amazing work ethic to want to learn and do well. They tell me about 'ROYGBV' hanging in the art and music rooms and how they are learning so much there in addition to their regular classroom studies!

Develops respect: Strongly agree

Posted June 20, 2015
There are wonderful opportunities at Odessa where students have buddies and at times these buddies have different abilities. One perfect example is the Special Olympics. The regular ed students show sportsmanship and respect and compassion for their peers with limited abilities.

Develops empathy: Strongly agree

Posted June 20, 2015
Mrs. Love is amazingly genuine and cares about her students, their families, and her staff. My kids have been going to this school for 4 year I think, and have not had any 'mean spirited' teachers like at their previous schools. I have found them to be very caring and stories that come home for dinnertime talk show how much the teachers are involved with their students.

Develops honesty: Strongly agree

Posted June 20, 2015
Odessa has a great program that identifies, teaches, and supports many important character traits found in a well balanced human being. They work with the parents (those that want to be involved because sadly some think it's the school's job alone to do this) through lots of communication and fun activities. My children's favorites are lunches on the stage for being a worthy Wildcat!!!

Odessa Elementary School 2

Posted April 12, 2015
The administration is not supportive of students with special needs and teachers were very restricted program-wise with what they could teach. My child did much better academically and socially once we switched schools.

Posted February 10, 2015
We are very happy with the progress my son made in his Kindergarten year. He is challenged every day and responds very well to it. The facilities are very nice, clean and modern. All the staff and teachers are very friendly and have a positive attitude. The school is organized and run well. There is a lot of activities presented by the PTO organization which makes the kids look forward to something every week. I really liked other parents that I met that have their children at this school. They seem to be very interested in their children which is a key to success at any school. My son cannot imagine going anywhere else!

Posted August 15, 2013
This is the second year my child has attended this school, and we could not be more please with the teachers, staff, volunteers, principal and assistant principal. Our child has exceeded our expectations, and we know that they will continue to achieve great success. I highly recommend it.

12810 Interlaken Road, New Port Richey, FL  34655
Last modified Odessa Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Odessa Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 20 reviews. Top