New Port Richey, FL
Students enrolled: 1,262

Gulf High School 5

Posted October 29, 2013
Gulf High School is a good school. The teachers that my grand daughter had really cared about whether or not she went to school. They always kept in touch with us at home so we always knew what was going on at school.(even the bad things). I love this school.

Posted August 22, 2013
I graduated from Gulf High in 1992 and now my daughter is in ninth grade just started this week I know that she can handle the curriculum the classes the teachers but they have severely cut some classes and programs that I believe are needed for some of these children such as my daughter who is very gifted in singing and acting and performing arts. I also believe they do not have enough guidance staff or student advisor staff to assist these kids and making sure that their college ready when they graduate in their senior year. how are the parents such as myself supposed to have hope that there are enough staff teachers That care and encourage guidance that are available to help these children want to excel and want to go to college once they do graduate if they're being told that they can't change classes? There needs to be more resources for these children and for the staff in order to assure that these kids are getting the best education that they're supposed to get an encouragement to further that education once they graduate

Gulf High School 5

Posted May 20, 2009
I am a student at Gulf High School. The AP and IB teachers are great teachers and prepare their students very well for the AP Exams. The Staff, especially the new Principle, is wonderful. The NJROTC is amazing and have accomplished so much this year, in the community and even in nation!

Posted June 19, 2008
The changes in this school will be a breath of fresh air. My son is excited to see how fast things turn around!

Posted May 06, 2008
WOW! I should of found this site along time ago. The school hasnt changed. Still a 'D' school, FCAT is a joke, teaching what is that, kids can do what they want. And for having a police officer in the school you would think it would be good. Well that is a joke as well. From fights to stealing to smoking on school grounds. Unless things change FAST we will never have any kids with a high school diploma or going to college... Looks like home schooling would be the thing to do.

Gulf High School 1

Posted August 24, 2007
The FCAT score is a D. Overcrowded, poor teaching.

Posted February 21, 2007
I'm going to have to agree with Lynn.... The school meets state requirements but over crowding is definitely an issue, a big one!

Gulf High School 4

Posted November 16, 2006
My son is in the IB program which is a great academic program. The teachers demand the students to think and be responsibile for their work, attitude, and behavior. I see my son maturing and getting ready for the real world along with working toward a college education. This program is only available at 2 schools in our district and I'm glad its here at Gulf High School.

Posted March 16, 2006
Academic Programs meet standards for the state, however, command and control of the students makes getting a standard education difficult if not impossible. This is regardless of parent involvement. Over-crowding is a factor.

Gulf High School 4

Posted August 01, 2004
Gulf High School is an excellent school overall, the teachers are great and the students are very polite. I rate this school as a 4.

5355 School Road, New Port Richey, FL  34652
Last modified Gulf High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Gulf High School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 13 reviews. Top