Bayonet Point Middle School

Public | 6-8 | 726 students

Posted July 23, 2013

This school is absolutely horrible! Honestly I don't even think they deserve a 1. I am a student there and I couldn't stand that school. the teachers wouldn't help you whatsoever. there is a few teacher that actually sat at the front of the room and never taught a single thing. one of my teachers actually took attendance and then said goodbye I need a smoke. we just kinda went off and did what ever. plus she actually admitted to entering fake grades into the system so that it didn't look like we were all failing. then there are other teachers who will grade you by whether they like you or not. and the people at the front office are basically there for show they do nothing they have the 8th grade peers do all the work while they sit back and do nothing they don't even notice you when you walk in. this is honestly the worst school I have ever been to. and there are constant fights almost everyday. there was even a teacher that tried to literally kick a student out of their seat just because the student asked a question. the teachers are absolutely horrible. and the physical school itself is like a prison. I am currently begging my mom to take me out of the school.

Posted March 22, 2013

This school claims be be about parent involvment, but just try to get involved. It is harder than pulling a mouth of rotten teeth from a tiger. The teachers don't update home work pages. They dont even keep up with the Esembler grades! You check one week and the grades look great, next week there are assignments from weeks prior added bringing down the grade and now its to late to do anything about it! Some teachers even grade based on if they like you or not, if they don't there will be entire percentages taken off for not writing out your last name or for not highlighting, or they might even missplace your papers, or say that you never turned them in! (I started making copies of all my sons homework assignments) They rush you through your 15-30 minute parent teacher confrences, and anything that you request seems to be a curtesy, one of which they refuse to extend. Any complaints are handled by the principal with the usual "I will ask them about that" and thats the last you'll ever hear from him!

Posted January 25, 2013

I have went to this school, And it was a good school, Back then, I thought id be a good school for my child to go to. My daughter went here for 7th grade last year and most of the kids get bullied, for no apparent reason, It's ridiculous, I've went to the principal and guidance councilors and NOBODY helped with anything. They actually made it worse, & it got so bad my daughter didn't want to go the school anymore. she wanted to drop out. & The teachers there, are horrible, Mrs. kavulla, Doesn't matter how hard your kid works the grade is always an F, The teachers will talk to you like they care , but they don't and they don't turn heads to help your children in any way, shape, or form! And as for one of the teachers, I cant remember her name, Kept breakfast from my child one morning and wouldn't let her eat, Just because. I had confronted her and she didn't have an answer as supposed to that. And also, My child has went up to the teachers in class, and iv'e called and still no help! It's like the teachers are just there, to be there. SMH ! I don't recommend this school !

Posted August 16, 2012

3 of my children have gone to Bayonet 2 already in high school and 1 in the 8th grade the teachers are very supportive and look out for the children's best interest. The principal is very involved with the students. They are always looking for new programs to help the children succeed. My family loves this school!

Posted May 18, 2012

I have had 3 of my kids go to BPMS, they have all had great experiences at the school. Yes there are fights but there are fights at all schools, this is a middle school! The teachers were great and very helpful all 3 of my kids moved on with good grades thanks to the assistance of the teachers.

Posted May 2, 2012

Bayonet point middle school is not a good school. Like ms.kavulla. she has almost everyone as an "F".And as for ms.cline putting random grades for kids. I do not recommend this school

Posted April 30, 2012

I have two sons that go to BPMS and they do not like the school, i don't like that school.The teachers are very disrespectful and the students get into a lot of fights.That school is very terrible.

Posted August 22, 2010

Bayonet Point is a wonderful school , this is the 3rd year my daughter has attended bayonet . The teachers are amazing , but there are many fights at this school , but academic wise i give it a thumbs up . my daughter is a major trouble maker and gets into fights , but with the teachers help she gets good grades & they are working with her to improve her behavior . they have been doing great they are very helpful and provide students with the education they need ! this is a great school choice for your children i have had not one problem . ((: . Bayonet point is a great school ! ((:

Posted March 6, 2010

I don't recommend Bayonet anymore if you want your kids to get a real education. There are a lot of fights. The environment there isn't as great. This school has changed since the new principles. I've been a student there for all three years and I can see that the school has changed drastically since the beginning I attended 6th grade there til the end of 8th. They spend their money on 'beautifying' the outside of the school instead. I feel that this school has forgotten about their original mission and value. I feel this school is just like every other public school in the state. Most of the teachers just stress on teaching material to the students so they can pass the FCATs instead of teaching for students to learn. I give credit to the teachers there that actually care about the student's education and try to help.

Posted March 5, 2010

I go to school at BPMS and i really like going to school there. :)

Posted September 2, 2009

i love my school! the teachers are nice and the school is the best. it makes learning fun. :))

Posted July 28, 2008

I am a current 8th grade student and i think that this school is great!!! It has had an A grade average 4 years in a row. Also our basketball team has gone 10-0 last year. In my opinion this school also has the best teachers.

Posted May 11, 2008

I'm a former student, and this school wasn't that great. I ended up struggling with my linguistics and other primary classes because the teachers weren't very lucid with their teachings.

Posted March 21, 2008

Bayonet point middle school is wonderful, I have only been there this year but I love it. All the teachers are very nice and are ready to help when ever you need it. They have a lot of sports and after school clubs and groups, and me being an 8th grader I have so many things to look forwrd to. So if you are thinging of puting your child in this school you couldn't do better.

Posted March 8, 2008

My daughter has had 3 terrific years at BPMS. The school is clean and well run. When I need help, I get it! Not to mention they continue to be an A school without a rich client base. My younger daughter is in 5th grade at SES and we can't wait for her to get to BPMS.

Posted January 14, 2008

I think the two parents who believe BPMS is not a good school should try going into the school- visit the front office and the administrators. Mr. Knobl gave me 15 minutes today just to ask him questions about HS for my son next year. He has grown and done so well during his three years- The schools' been an A since he arrived and I love Bayonet Point Middle!

Posted December 15, 2007

Teachers are really stricked about dress codes teachers are also rude

Posted August 7, 2007

My daughter loves the school! The teachers did a great job with her this year and the principal has been great!

Posted August 4, 2007

I am will be sending my third child to this school. We will be moving out of the district and we still plan to send her there. The teachers are great and my other children were happy. The school prepared them so well that they are now in the county's IB program

Posted June 16, 2007

I think bayonet point middle school is the most horrible school in Pasco. The teachers and staff are rude. I think Bayonet point middle school gets a big thumbs down. I will defently not let my child go back next year.

Math

The state average for Math was 53% in 2014.

235 students were tested at this school in 2014.

Reading

The state average for Reading was 60% in 2014.

234 students were tested at this school in 2014.

Math

The state average for Math was 56% in 2014.

257 students were tested at this school in 2014.

Reading

The state average for Reading was 57% in 2014.

254 students were tested at this school in 2014.

Math

The state average for Math was 47% in 2014.

208 students were tested at this school in 2014.

Reading

The state average for Reading was 57% in 2014.

206 students were tested at this school in 2014.

Science

The state average for Science was 49% in 2014.

202 students were tested at this school in 2014.

Writing

The state average for Writing was 56% in 2014.

202 students were tested at this school in 2014.

Writing

The state average for Writing was 78% in 2012.

247 students were tested at this school in 2012.

2010

Scale: % scoring at or above level 3

Source: Florida Department of Education

• In 2011-2012, this school received a grade of "B".
  • In 2010-2011, this school received a grade of "A".
  • In 2009-2010, this school received a grade of "A".
  • In 2008-2009, this school received a grade of "B".

Algebra I

The state average for Algebra I was 66% in 2014.

28 students were tested at this school in 2014.

Biology I

The state average for Biology I was 68% in 2014.

Geometry

The state average for Geometry was 64% in 2014.

U.S. History

The state average for U.S. History was 65% in 2014.

Ethnicity This school

Teacher credentials

Classes taught by non-highly qualified teachers 7%N/A5%
Source: FL Dept. of Education, 2011-2012

Teacher resources

Special staff resources available to students PE instructor(s)
Read more about programs at this school
Source: Provided by school officials and community members.

Awards

• Spanish

Staff resources available to students
  • PE instructor(s)
Extra learning resources offered
  • Title I Schoolwide program (SWP)
Transportation options

Media arts
  • Video / Film production

School culture

Dress Code
  • Neither uniforms nor dress code

Apply now