577 students|Pasco

Bad
Good

Our child is a 5th grader at Deer Park and has been attending the school since kindergarten. We have had a wonderful experience here and attribute it to the great teachers our child has had and the helpful administration. The gifted program has been everything we could have hoped for and more. We will be sad to leave at the end of the school year.

My children, who have Special Needs are attending Deer Park Elementary Right now and I must say I'm very very sad at how the School has become. Teacher's are leaving and Children with Special Needs are not getting the Help they need and it feel like their over looked and looked down upon. It didn't use to be this way. I was proud parent of Deer Park Elementary since 2006-2009. It's Very Very Sad to see what has become of this once great School. They were Number for Special Needs Programs and Services and Now it just very upsetting. I feel for the parents of the kids with out Special Needs to, because it bad for them too.

I am so happy that my children won't be attending Deer Park this year. Principal and Vice-Principal are both extremely arrogant! Zero people skills. The white trash from up north are moving into this area in droves, filthy mouths, gangster clothes, and thug parents. Thank GOD I moved out of State.

The new principal is running this school into the ground. The parents are made to feel unwelcome and most of the teachers now seem stressed about the changes that have been made by the new administration.I am seriously considering moving my child to another school!

I have had children in many schools in Pasco county over the last 11 years. This one is not much different than the others. No communication, children are grouped and not seen as individuals, the principal and some office workers are very condescending. Above all, the gifted program is a joke. Who knows how much worse things will be next year with the extreme budget cuts.

Once the new Principal Margie Polin took over this school went to garbage. It is poorly ran and everything is declining...Fortunately my kid is switching schools. Parent involvement is almost frowned upon at this school.

We love our school, programs, staff and the ability for our children to grow at their own rate. They allow the children to excel, yet if they are struggling they are discretely tutored within the classroom with other peers at their level.

The school went through Principal change recently, January 2010. The new principal is rash, judgemental and treats parents like they are her students.

My two young kids go to Deer Park. I have experience with many schools as my older son went to school in Pinellas County. This school is wonderful compared to all the negativity I found in the Pinellas County school system. I would definetly recommend Deer Park to anyone.

I have had two children attending Deer Park Elem. for over 2 years now and I love the school. They are very attentive and motivate the children to learn. My daughter had problems with her reading and it was taken care of immediately and with great success. She actually chooses to read now for fun. I would absolutely recommend this school to anyone wanting their child to get the education they need.

Last modified Deer Park Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.