613 students|Pasco

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)

I came one day to eat lunch with my cousin because she has been very upset lately. She was coming home from school upset, stressing over homework and being yelled at by her teachers for "not doing the work the way they taught it". I was waiting outside with food I had bought for her but she never came out. I went in the cafeteria and she was in tears, I asked what was wrong and she said the teacher yelled at her because she was standing up to come outside. She told the teacher I was outside and she yelled "no, no one is getting up and no one was aloud to talk". I said lets go and she came out to eat, the teacher saw me in there and followed us outside repeatedly asking if she was mad at her and of course my cousin is upset not saying a word. She finally left but it was pretty obvious she only came out so I wouldn't complain about her to the school. They talk to the children horribly and something needs to be done.

I'm tired of going to have lunch with my child and hearing the staff scream at the children to"shut up" . The teachers talk down to not only the children but to the parents as well. They pick and choose who gets recess. The school doesn't get information out in a timely manner. The way they are handling our children is unacceptable. My child comes home in tears most days saying the teachers don't give them enough time to finish work, and yells at them for not completing class work on time. I, myself, witnessed this on a parent involvement day. I understand the parents are supposed to raise their children and teach them right from wrong, but for the teachers and staff to treat children as if they do not matter is NOT how you reach or teach our children. I have had it with Cotee River Elementary's teachers and staff, they need more training on how to deal with children as well as parents. I have talked to many parents who feel the same way as I do. Don't scream at the children, teach them the right way, you do have an influence on our children, make it a good one.

Students never get enough recess time and are not able to converse at lunch with the female teachers yelling at them constantly. On several occasions they tell the kids to "shut up". I went to have lunch with my daughter one day and because she got up to meet me the teacher screamed at her enough to make her cry I was disgusted. The recent Valentines dance was absolutely horrible, normally they get a DJ for music however this year did not...this is just one example of this dance vs prior years. It seems since the prior principle left the school has gotten terrible.

I am a concerned mother who visits my children often (2 to 3 Days a week) for lunch at Cotee River Elementary. Every time I am visiting my children, the lunch room personal are always Yelling at the students. I am not exaggerating. There is way to get to talk and get the children's attention. I understand it can be loud, but you need not yell at the students all the time. Whats interesting, its only the woman who are doing the Yelling . The men teachers and helpers quietly, walk up and correct the children. I am making this complaint because it happens all the time. Not just that. I was having lunch Wednesday October 15, and a student walking to the office was dancing gently for a couple of steps. A employee corrected him as if he was doing something completely off the wall. Its seems like Employees at cotee river have a Ego problem or just a bad habit for yelling unnecessarily. The students don't need to be yelled at often or made to feel inferior to be corrected and have their joy diminished by teachers or helpers who have lack of self control. This is a big concern for me and needs to be addressed please.

My daughter has gone here for 2 years and she loves it! The principal is wonderful and her 1st grade teacher is very good. She is learning so much. The 3 out of 10 seems very low. 10 out of 10 for me! Thank you Cotee River!

My 2 younger sisters just started attending Cotee River this year and they are so happy. They love their teachers and everything about the school. Thanks for making my sisters happy.

I just started going to Cotee River this year and I think it is a great school. I can't believe I am saying this, but the school lunches are actually good. The Principal and teachers are so nice. I am so happy about going there.

My youngest just started Kindergarten this year and she loves it there. My middle daughter just started attending "Cotee River" after going to "Chasco Elementary" for the last two years before this year. She was miserable at Chasco Elementary. She is now very happy. She likes her teachers and she likes everything else about the school. I am very grateful that my kids are able to attend that school. Thank you and keep up the great work.

The staff at this school is redicilous, the old woman there needs a different a job NOT WITH PUBLIC, it's so sad, the only one pleasant is the NEW. PRINCIPAL, he's awesome! Always smiling & friendly , maybe he can shape that grumpy grouchy staff, This school has no rating,

This is a D school should I say more? The teachers and staff are friendly but the education part sucks!

Last modified Cotee River Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.