First Christian Academy

Private | PK-8 | 195 students

We connect children and families to Christ through Christian education.

Living in New Port Richey

Situated in an urban neighborhood. The median home value is $60,000. The average monthly rent for a 2 bedroom apartment is $820.

Sweep tile

Posted February 7, 2014

My daughter went to FCA with and IEP from the public school system. We chose a smaller school in the hopes that they would have some extra time to work with her. They reviewed her IEP before we enrolled and told us they could work with her. The first year was great, but the 2nd year has been a disaster. They have said that because her learning disability is more serious than the IEP suggests they have neither the time or the resources to help her. The principal, 3rd, 4th and 5th grade teachers all agree that she should not re-enroll next year. Please consider carefully before you think that your child will get more attention or individual care at FCA. The school may work for kids who can work easily on their own, but for kids who need a little extra, this is not the place. I am scoring the "teacher quality" a 2 only because the 2nd grade teacher was wonderful. They are also very stay at home mom oriented. Meeting and functions are almost always held between 9am and 3pm. Try working that out when you have a job! No before or after care either.

Posted February 5, 2014

My grandchildren have attended First Christian Academy for the last two years. The teachers are loving, caring and compassionate. The Principal is always there for each and every student. She is a wonderful administrator who goes above and beyond her administrative duties. I highly recommend this school! First Christian is a blessing to my family!

Posted February 5, 2014

As our daughter is getting ready to graduate this year from the 8th grade from FCA we have spent a lot of time in reflection of the education she has received at First Christian Academy. She began FCA in the 4yr old class and has spent her entire educational experience at FCA. We couldn't be more pleased with our choice. She excels both spiritually and academically with her peers. Her standardized tests show her academic scores in the 90th percentile and above. If you are looking for a quality education First Christian Academy is a great choice. We know it was the perfect choice for our daughter.

Posted July 22, 2013

At first it seems everything is happy, but then you start to notice things. 1) Though the christian values are important, it takes way to much time out of your child's learning time. Especially that they do it in the morning for 2 hours, your child's focusing span time can not hold it. Soon, all the info is starting to go through one ear and out another. 2) Principal. The principal has no leadership, and shows no compassion. One of the main reasons for the switch is because of HER. 3) Bullying. Every day my child would cry, because of bullying. They never take care of it. Especially if it is concerning the principal's daughter. The simply disregard and let my child suffer. 4) Since they can't learn about evolution. Their knowledge is limited. Science is terrible, and you learn nothing. 5) My child is very uncomfortable with one teacher. He did inappropriate things and uses inappropriate language. He uses his fingers in a very disturbing way, and is very 'hands on'. He even went into a students backpack with out consent, or reason. We removed my child immediately. This is the reason they receive one star, too bad I couldn't do 0.

Posted May 5, 2011

Both of my children attend First Christian Academy and we are so pleased with how they are doing. They have excellent teachers that care so much about each and every student. I highly recommend this school to any parent that is looking for Christian values with an outstanding curriculum. Both of my children will attend up until 8th grade and I feel confident that I am giving them the best education available as they enter into high school. The Parent Teacher board also does an outstanding job in organizing events and fundraisers as well as fellowship gatherings. These events really bring us together and gives us a sense of "family".

Posted July 15, 2010

Our daughter has been attending FCA for almost 6 years. In addition to the strong Academics FCA has to offer, her spiritual growth is amazing. She is challenged daily in her studies. Bible scriptures and songs are quoted/sung almost daily. Her teachers have made an impact on her life which she values. FCA goes beyond academics with their loving, nurturing staff. FCA has truly been a blessing for our family and we could not have asked for a better foundation and a continuing foundation. The students were always excited whenever the Principal would come into their classrooms as she was very loving and endearing. Submitted by parents who are blessed to have their daughter at FCA

Posted July 14, 2010

First Christian is an awesome school. It's a place where there actions and words are held accountable by teachers who nurture and love our children. The teachers expect the highest standard of behavior from my children and it coinsides with what we expect from them at home. School is not a place to just drop off your kid and hope that the teachers make your kids a better person-this is a school where parents are teachers work together to prepare our children for the "world" out there by building confidence and self esteem. We are very blessed that the Lord has lead us to First Christian Academy.

Posted July 14, 2010

My children have been attending First Christian Academy for several years now. We just love what this school has done with our children. Not only are they doing well academically, but I am amazed at their spiritual growth. We are so greatful for what this school has done for our children and our family. The Lord has blessed us with such a wonderful school!

Posted July 13, 2010

My children have been attending First Christian Academy for the past 7 years. God's love is being shared and integrated in every subject being taught to them. I love that all faiths are welcome to attend. My children are being molded into the likeness of God and are continuing to develop a strong and active relationship with God. The academics being taught are preparing them for the future as they continue to score in the top third on their SAT's. My husband and I are a part of a community of parents who love their children and will sacrifice whatever it takes to have their children attend First Christian Academy. We are building strong kids and families for the Lord at FCA! !

Posted July 13, 2010

This will be our 4th year attending FCA and I can't imagine our children going to school anywhere else! We have such peace knowing our children are learning about God everyday; being challenged academically; and are in the hands of loving and caring teachers and staff each day. This is also a great school if you want to be involved! There are many fun events throughout the year, opportunities to serve on parent committees and make a difference, as well as many ways to help in your own child's classroom! A true family oriented school based on faith, love, and education!

Posted July 7, 2010

My children attended this school for several years before being pulled out because the principal would not even listen to our concerns, let alone address them. This was the third time we had a problem and it was the worst one. The teachers this year were very disrespectful and rude to our kids and talked to them and others in an inappropriate tone for any school, let alone a Christian one. My daughter for the first time hated school because the teacher was so rude. Many promises were made by the principal but actions speak louder than words, and there were no actions. The only actions I ever saw was circling the wagons to prove a parent or child wrong. My kids are now in public school and they were behind in both math and science even though they both were A students here. I would not put my children herell

Posted March 15, 2010

First Christian Academy is a small christian school with a loving administration and great teachers. The curriculum is strong and my children are thriving in the 24/7 christian atmosphere. The students continually place in local spellings bees and math olympics and our science classes have grown leaps and bounds in the last year or two. I am continually impressed with how well our students and my children compare with other local schools. Our family is blessed to be a part of the First Christian family.

Posted March 12, 2010

First Christian Academy in Tarpon Springs Florida has been our home away from away for over seven years. My husband and I chose FCA because of the academic excellence that they are known for; we have come to find so much more. The excellent A-Beka curriculum has allowed our children to build a solid foundation academically, both score in the top fourth on the Standard Achievement Tests and have attended academic competitions in which they place. The weekly chapel and daily Bible class have given our children a spiritual foundation that they will carry with them as teenagers and adults. The teachers are loving and encouraging, and exemplify Christian character through word and action. During sickness, death of a family member, loss of a job, and daily struggles, FCA families have provided us with support in the form of meals, care for our children, and most importantly prayers. We are not part of a school, we are part of a family at FCA. Praise God for allowing FCA to continue for over 14 years!!!!!

Posted March 12, 2010

Both of my children attend FCA, and they love their school. My oldest started FCA in Kindergarten and is now in 2nd grade. It is such a blessing watching my children excel academically, socially and in confidence. FCA has the most caring, kind, loving staff. We are so grateful for FCA!

Posted November 4, 2009

Both of our children attended FCA. They are now at a new school and we are extremely happy we pulled our children out of FCA. This school had our kids so down on themselves they didn't want to try anything. Total lack of positive encouragement. No discipline and the teachers are disrespectful to the children and the parents. Do not sent your children to this place.

Posted April 20, 2009

Both of my daughters attend FCA, they love it. My oldest started kindergarten there and is now entering the 8th grade and my youngest is entering 3rd. We have been blessed with wonderfully caring and talented teachers. We are part of a Christain family at FCA. I would recommend this school to everyone.

Posted March 18, 2009

We are so blessed to have our daughter attend FCA. From day one the administration, teachers, and parents have opened their arms and embraced us as family. FCA is the sweet gift of Christ's love with a bonus of a great education.

Posted March 7, 2009

This is the first year for our child to attend FCA. We are very pleased with her progress both academically and spiritually. There is a strong sense of compassion and care through Christ that our child experiences daily.

Posted February 11, 2009

Our daughters have attended FCA for three years and we have seen them tremendously developing intellectually as well as spiritually. The school is strong in its academics as it is in imparting Christian values. Our children are growing to be not only well educated, but also compassionate, humanitarian, well mannered and with a solid Christ-like character.

Posted January 21, 2009

First Christian Academy prepares children to be successful not only for the classroom but for life in the real world. This is my 5th year as a parent at FCA. When we first started in the pre-k program the school was very small. Now there is well over 200 kids! They have a new administrator who has a vision for our schools growth as well as keeping the family aspect to our school. This year the school started participating in the Odyssey of the Mind program. This program teaches kids to think outside of the box. Miscrosoft's job application asks its perspective employees if they have ever participated in Odyssey of the Mind in school. It's awesome that it is offered and my daughter ! But what I love most about the school is that my daughters are taught about Christ's love by teachers who walk the walk!

Asian 1% N/A
Hawaiian Native/Pacific Islander 0% N/A
Two or more races 0% N/A
Source: NCES, 2009-2010

Teacher resources

Special staff resources available to students Art teacher(s)
Computer specialist(s)
Dance teacher(s)
Instructional aide(s)/coach(es)
Music teacher(s)
PE instructor(s)
Teacher aid/assistant teacher
Foreign languages spoken by school staff American sign language
Spanish
Read more about programs at this school
Source: Provided by a school official.

Special education / special needs

Level of special education programming offered

Science, Technology, Engineering, & Math (STEM)

• Computer specialist(s)

School start time
  • 8:45 am
School end time
  • 3:15 pm
Before school or after school care / program onsite
  • Before school
  • After school
  • Kathan Steinorth(principal)
Best ways for parents to contact the school
  • Phone
  • mrs.triola@firstchristianacademy.com
Age at which early childhood or Pre-K program begins
  • 2 years old
  • Coed
Boarding options
  • Day school
Is there an application process?
Affiliation
  • Christian
Associations
  • FCIS
  • SACS/CASI
Fax number
  • (727) 943-7412

Instructional and/or curriculum models used

• None
Specific academic themes or areas of focus

• Religious
Bi-lingual or language immersion programs offered

Level of special education programming offered

Performing arts
  • Dance
Media arts

Student clubs

Clubs (distinct from courses)
  • music

Photos

School culture

Dress Code
  • Uniforms
Bullying policy
  • This school has a bullying and/or cyber bullying policy in place.
  • Attend parent nights
  • Chaperone school trips
  • Coach sports teams or extracurricular activities
  • Join PTO/PTA
  • Organize cultural events
  • Organize fundraising events (school auction, bake sales, etc.)
  • Serve on school improvement team or governance council
  • Volunteer in the classroom

This school accepts applications on a

rolling basis

Apply now

What are your chances?

9 out of 10students were accepted for the 2012-2013 school year.

Students accepted for the 2012-2013 school year
160
Applications received for the 2012-2013 school year
170
Students typically come from these schools
christian

Financial aid offered
Outside scholarships
Step Up and McKay scholarship

Planning ahead

Students typically attend these schools after graduating
Calvary High School