New Port Richey, FL
Before care: Yes

First Christian Academy 2

Posted February 07, 2014
My daughter went to FCA with and IEP from the public school system. We chose a smaller school in the hopes that they would have some extra time to work with her. They reviewed her IEP before we enrolled and told us they could work with her. The first year was great, but the 2nd year has been a disaster. They have said that because her learning disability is more serious than the IEP suggests they have neither the time or the resources to help her. The principal, 3rd, 4th and 5th grade teachers all agree that she should not re-enroll next year. Please consider carefully before you think that your child will get more attention or individual care at FCA. The school may work for kids who can work easily on their own, but for kids who need a little extra, this is not the place. I am scoring the "teacher quality" a 2 only because the 2nd grade teacher was wonderful. They are also very stay at home mom oriented. Meeting and functions are almost always held between 9am and 3pm. Try working that out when you have a job! No before or after care either.

Posted February 05, 2014
My grandchildren have attended First Christian Academy for the last two years. The teachers are loving, caring and compassionate. The Principal is always there for each and every student. She is a wonderful administrator who goes above and beyond her administrative duties. I highly recommend this school! First Christian is a blessing to my family!

Posted February 05, 2014
As our daughter is getting ready to graduate this year from the 8th grade from FCA we have spent a lot of time in reflection of the education she has received at First Christian Academy. She began FCA in the 4yr old class and has spent her entire educational experience at FCA. We couldn't be more pleased with our choice. She excels both spiritually and academically with her peers. Her standardized tests show her academic scores in the 90th percentile and above. If you are looking for a quality education First Christian Academy is a great choice. We know it was the perfect choice for our daughter.

First Christian Academy 1

Posted July 22, 2013
At first it seems everything is happy, but then you start to notice things. 1) Though the christian values are important, it takes way to much time out of your child's learning time. Especially that they do it in the morning for 2 hours, your child's focusing span time can not hold it. Soon, all the info is starting to go through one ear and out another. 2) Principal. The principal has no leadership, and shows no compassion. One of the main reasons for the switch is because of HER. 3) Bullying. Every day my child would cry, because of bullying. They never take care of it. Especially if it is concerning the principal's daughter. The simply disregard and let my child suffer. 4) Since they can't learn about evolution. Their knowledge is limited. Science is terrible, and you learn nothing. 5) My child is very uncomfortable with one teacher. He did inappropriate things and uses inappropriate language. He uses his fingers in a very disturbing way, and is very 'hands on'. He even went into a students backpack with out consent, or reason. We removed my child immediately. This is the reason they receive one star, too bad I couldn't do 0.

Posted May 05, 2011
Both of my children attend First Christian Academy and we are so pleased with how they are doing. They have excellent teachers that care so much about each and every student. I highly recommend this school to any parent that is looking for Christian values with an outstanding curriculum. Both of my children will attend up until 8th grade and I feel confident that I am giving them the best education available as they enter into high school. The Parent Teacher board also does an outstanding job in organizing events and fundraisers as well as fellowship gatherings. These events really bring us together and gives us a sense of "family".

Posted July 15, 2010
Our daughter has been attending FCA for almost 6 years. In addition to the strong Academics FCA has to offer, her spiritual growth is amazing. She is challenged daily in her studies. Bible scriptures and songs are quoted/sung almost daily. Her teachers have made an impact on her life which she values. FCA goes beyond academics with their loving, nurturing staff. FCA has truly been a blessing for our family and we could not have asked for a better foundation and a continuing foundation. The students were always excited whenever the Principal would come into their classrooms as she was very loving and endearing. Submitted by parents who are blessed to have their daughter at FCA

First Christian Academy 4

Posted July 14, 2010
First Christian is an awesome school. It's a place where there actions and words are held accountable by teachers who nurture and love our children. The teachers expect the highest standard of behavior from my children and it coinsides with what we expect from them at home. School is not a place to just drop off your kid and hope that the teachers make your kids a better person-this is a school where parents are teachers work together to prepare our children for the "world" out there by building confidence and self esteem. We are very blessed that the Lord has lead us to First Christian Academy.

Posted July 14, 2010
My children have been attending First Christian Academy for several years now. We just love what this school has done with our children. Not only are they doing well academically, but I am amazed at their spiritual growth. We are so greatful for what this school has done for our children and our family. The Lord has blessed us with such a wonderful school!

Posted July 13, 2010
My children have been attending First Christian Academy for the past 7 years. God's love is being shared and integrated in every subject being taught to them. I love that all faiths are welcome to attend. My children are being molded into the likeness of God and are continuing to develop a strong and active relationship with God. The academics being taught are preparing them for the future as they continue to score in the top third on their SAT's. My husband and I are a part of a community of parents who love their children and will sacrifice whatever it takes to have their children attend First Christian Academy. We are building strong kids and families for the Lord at FCA! !

Posted July 13, 2010
This will be our 4th year attending FCA and I can't imagine our children going to school anywhere else! We have such peace knowing our children are learning about God everyday; being challenged academically; and are in the hands of loving and caring teachers and staff each day. This is also a great school if you want to be involved! There are many fun events throughout the year, opportunities to serve on parent committees and make a difference, as well as many ways to help in your own child's classroom! A true family oriented school based on faith, love, and education!

First Christian Academy
6800 Trouble Creek Rd., New Port Richey, FL  34653
Last modified First Christian Academy is a Private school that serves grades PK-8
First Christian Academy Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 33 reviews. Top