391 students|Pasco

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (2 responses)

Very happy with the changes for the 2016 school year, the school is off to a fantastic start!

My daughter has learning issues, an although they state an share they care an will work with the student to help them excel, we'll we're in the 6th wk, an my child has been bullued, an suspended, an sat detentions, all for speaking out an standing up for her self, after the teacher has repeatedly avoided her questions an concerns, an for being out spoken for her disapline she was removed from the class an told to sit outside on steps till the teacher came for her. She suffers from heart issues an prone to seizures, which is documented an has a nurse care plan on file, as well as an 504 pln. Which is totally ignored. After many emails an request for conferences I get bullied by their cover up policy b.s. an administrative b.s. I am going to sch. Board. This sch. Is not for the fainted heart for better words. An their homework is outta this world. Not only do they get homework but they have to take home an finish their class work , after 8 hrs at sch , they come home to another 4 hrs. Daughter has went to bed many nights crying an feeling lost cuz she doesn't get the help they swore they would give her . I am extremely let down with this sch. After we were so excited only to find out the truth behind these gates. Wish I did my homework alot better than I did. No stars for me. Smh!!!!

The school has undergone many positive changes over the summer. Staff and volunteers spent their time fixing up the school. The cafeteria has been painted as well as the addition of new tables, classrooms have been painted and made more uniform. There is now a music room and an art room, both which are amazing! Another welcome change is a fantastic and highly motivated new Principal Mr. Markowitz and new Dean Mrs. Nichols! They have put their heart and soul into making many improvements to the school to create a wonderful place for the students. You can feel the positive energy as soon as you step foot on the campus! Our family is very excited and proud to be a part of the Athenian Academy family!

MY GRAND DAUGHTER HAS BEEN GOING TO THE ACADEMY GOING ON 6 YEARS NOW. I ALMOST PULLED HER OUT DURING HER FIRST YEAR.SHE HAD A HORRIBLE TEACHER. THAT TEACHER WAS REASSIGNED AND WE'VE HAD GREAT TEACHER EVER SINCE! LAST YEAR SHE HAD THE BEST 4TH GRADE TEACHERS. I HOPE THE 5TH GRADE TEACHERS ARE EQUALLY AS AWESOME. I AM ALSO HAPPY THAT WE FINALLY HAVE A MUSIC PROGRAM. I'D LOVE TO SEE AN ART PROJECT NEXT! AND YES, A GYM. I'VE BEEN TRULY AMAZED AT HOW ORGANIZED CAR LOOP IS. I HOPE IT CONTINUES TO RUN SMOOTHLY. I AM DISAPPOINTED THAT SHE IS NOT GETTING GREEK. THAT WAS ONE OF THE REASONS WE CHOSE THIS SCHOOL. AND I AGREE THAT THE P.E.FIELD NEEDS HELP. BUT I AM HOPEFUL THE SCHOOL IS ON AN UPWARD SWING.

The schools motto" Our Kids are Worth Whatever it Takes" is a joke. They put very minimal effort into helping children succeed. There have been times where my child was struggling academically, had been stabbed with a pencil, busted his face on the playground, had his lunch stolen and the school never bothered to clue me in on any of it. I have asked repeatedly to get my child's homework on Fridays instead of Monday's figuring the kids could benefit from the extra 2 days, after all, it's just a photocopy. However, not even once did they do so and the principal wouldn't help either. I've seen how they handle bullies by giving them an I-Pad and tell the rest of the kids to just leave them alone. It wasn't the teachers fault, she just didn't have any backup support from administration. This is not a school you would want to send your child to. Save yourself and your child the trouble.

I highly do NOT recommend this school. The lack of communication is a huge problem and has an effect on the children's safety and education. I think the new principal is definitely making some positive changes but it's yet to be seen if it's enough to turn this D grade school around. I for one do not want my child to be a guinea pig at this school any longer and will be changing to a nearby school with a long term positive track record.

My girls are in 1st and 8th grade at Athenian. We love the school, we really do. They have some issues, but it is a work in progress. Overall, I have not had any major problems with the school or any of the staff.

This is our 3rd year attending AAOP & I think our last. Not happy with alot of things there. The field is all dirt and full of ants...this we have to send our children out into during PE & recess. Not enough restrooms to the ratio of children and I hate that some of the kids have to traipse through the school yard just to use the restrooms and and the front office always seems so disorganized. I also agree that Dr A does not return emails (never called her) and I just get more disappointed as the year is progressing. I also see favoritism with certain parents/students with Dr A.

All staff at AAOP are friendly and go above an beyonf to ensure all needs are met for everyone in the family. Whenever there is a question, time is set aside to answer them. This has been our experience at Atheinian , thank you to everyone at AAOP.

This is my childrens second year at Athenian. I am very pleased with all the staff. They go above and beyond the call of duty. I saw a comment on here from a parent that said the school grade is dropping because of the FCAT scores. Well, guess what? Not all children are alike, and they do not all test like rocket scientists. It is very hard for some children. I do not think the school should be penalized for helping children with special needs to succeed. I commend them for that. The teachers are caring and honestly want to help thier students achieve thier highest goals possible.

Last modified Athenian Academy Of Pasco County is a Charter school that serves grades K-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.