Newberry Elementary School 4

Posted October 25, 2013
Newberry is the best, my daughter love her school they have the best art teacher and all the teacher there are great. I LOVE NEWBERRY ELEMENTARY SCHOOL

Posted May 14, 2013
Awesome! Great school. Very attentive teachers and staff. Kindergarten round up was awesome. They took us for a private view of the school also

Posted May 14, 2013
Newberry elementary is a great school. Made a visit and the staff was great. got a private tour and the kinder garden round p was great$E3D

Posted March 31, 2013
NES is a fantastic school for my 4th-grader. We have previously been to public schools in Gainesville, but the guidance counselor there was (a)pathetic and extremely unwilling to help me obtain services to which my son with Asperger's was entitled. But at NES everyone has been proactive and willing to go above and beyond to make things as nice for him as possible. Instead of listening to him complain about school everyday, he now tells me his days are "Great!" and "Perfect!"

Newberry Elementary School 0

Posted March 21, 2010
My child has been at Newberry Elementary since Kindergarten. Overall, it is a fantastic school with great teachers and staff. I definitely have had some issues with the principal and her ways. She doesn't look out for the best interest of the children and it is all about her for the most part. She tries to run the school like a military academy and it is uncalled for. The EDEP, after school program, is awesome. It is one of the best in the school system. I do recommend Newberry Elementary, but believe it is time for a new principal.

Posted November 03, 2009
Ous child is now in the 1st grade and loves NES. We have had many interactions with the teachers, teachers assistants, the Principal and office staff and do not have one complaint. We are very happy with his education and the teachers are more than willing to give him a gentle push when needed. I do worry about the F-CAT testing but that's County wide, not just at NES. We also love the EDEP program!

Posted February 17, 2009
I have nothing, but wonderful things to say about NES. My son is now in the second grade and has attended the school since Kindergarten. The teachers and entire staff go above and beyond. I think negative complaints have to do more about people's personal issues. You do have to work with a school no matter where it is and you do have to work with your children at home. Teachers have more expectations on them each year to teach children. I love the way everyone knows everyone and the staff gets to know your child. I have seen the administration around the school and they are constantly addressing the students by name and asking how they are doing. The academics are great and I feel my son is receiving a quality well rounded education.

Newberry Elementary School 3

Posted January 14, 2009
I really liked NES when my son was in Kindergarten. I am not so impressed this year. I am not sure if it is his teacher this year or what. I feel like Newberry focuses too much on FCAT testing and other things fall by the wayside. I want my child to be well rounded and I am starting to have serious doubts about NES's ability to do that.

Posted August 30, 2008
The teachers are fabulous, easily approachable and always willing to meet with parents on my child's education needs. From the office staff to the gym teacher, everyone is committed to the advancement of every student in the school.

Newberry Elementary School 2

Posted August 02, 2008
Newberry elementary is almost a private school for the good ole boy community. For the rest of us it's an uphill battle and it starts with the principal. My wife and I are very involved with our childs academics and it's a good thing. The school will work for you as long as your a very involved parent. If you work long hours and depend on the school to teach and guide your child, look to another elementary school.

Newberry Elementary School
25705 Southwest 15th Avenue, Newberry, FL  32669
Last modified Newberry Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-4. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Newberry Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 20 reviews. Top