Niceville, FL

James E Plew Elementary School 2

Posted March 10, 2014
My children have attended this school for two years now and I could not be more unhappy with the quality of the education. There is no academic support for gifted children in the lower grades. They must complete the same curriculum as the general education classes with perhaps a few extra projects. The fourth and fifth grade gifted classes are excellent though. Additionally, the Spanish classes have not taught my children any Spanish. They learn about the Spanish cultures but in two years have learned very little of the language. The P.E. teacher has yelled during so many of the classes, my children no longer enjoy P.E. The music program has been positive. There is also no support for military families, such as holding group meetings for children going through deployments. This school does have fabulous parental involvement, but overall, I would not choose this school again.

James E Plew Elementary School 3

Posted June 17, 2012
I was a student at James E. Plew Elementary School and I thought that the gifted program was terrible and that there were no good advanced classes for over achievers. Also every grade has an unfair teacher except for kindergarten and second grade.

James E Plew Elementary School 4

Posted June 06, 2012
My daughter attends this school and was tested for the gifted and talented program. I can't say enough about her first year at Plew. It was really good. The ONLY drawback of the school is district's policy of busing special education students to another school in the district. Sadly, my son missed out on the fabulous staff and teachers at this school, due to this policy. That issue is not a school issue, rather a district policy issue.

Posted September 03, 2011
We have lived here for 2 1/2 school years covering 1st thru 5th grade and LOVE this school! The teachers and staff are great and really try to help each child and family. The parent involvement is wonderful! With lots of areas for volunteering, in the classroom, around the school, or from home! I have a normal student and a gifted and both have received the help needed and challenges for areas they needed. My younger daughter was even able to come with me to everything, granted she is very well behaved. LOVE LOVE LOVE this school! We are sad to leave the area and school, due to military.

Posted April 12, 2011
This is the third time we have lived in this community, twice by Military moves, this time by choice. The school system here was one of the biggest draws for us and we knew that we were coming back to Plew. Our third child is now in Plew and the school remains a fabulous learning environment with committed teachers, a great principal, involved parents, and lots of extracurricular opportunities.

James E Plew Elementary School 0

Posted April 22, 2010
We have a staff of administrators and teachers that care about of kids and their education.

Posted April 06, 2010
This elementary school doesn't have the aesthetic appeal that you would expect from such a 10 out of 10 school. But its current 10 rating is absolutely deserved. Our daughter is currently in Mrs. Zelinski's Kindergarten class. She is very organized with her class structure, homework for the children is very clear and concise, and development/progress is defined. The principal receives high marks from the local teachers I have talked with. Parent involvement is high; this area has many federal government workers, be it civilian or military, most of whom have degrees. We considered the local private christian school but are now very happy with Plew and would certainly send our three year old daughter there in the future.

Posted October 22, 2007

Posted May 02, 2007
We are a military family and this is our first year at Plew. I have children in the first and third grades. They love this school, and I love the fact that the parents are involved and the teachers are great. Our whole family is looking forward to another year at Plew.

Posted January 31, 2007

James E Plew Elementary School
220 Pine Avenue, Niceville, FL  32578
Last modified James E Plew Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.
James E Plew Elementary School Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 13 reviews. Top