Niceville, FL

Bluewater Elementary School 2

Posted December 03, 2014
My daughter struggles in Reading. She was not taught phonics in kindergarten or 1st grade. She was instructed by a sight word based curriculum. I asked for help in first grade and received none. She's now in 2nd and way behind the curve ball. But how is one supposed to succeed on reading tests that are 30-60 questions long every Friday when the foundation in reading isn't there. The principal is not supportive nor does she show any care for anyone other than herself. It's all for show. As long as the school's data looks good on paper, nothing else matters.

Posted May 23, 2014
We moved to this area in Nov 2013. My child improved a whole grade level in reading and math in just a few months. We are so happy. My child also loves school, loves homework and is a completely different child since the move. Thank you to the teachers and staff for their dedication to making sure kids master each subject. Also what a joy that the office and staff make an effort to know the children personally. No child is ever on the back burner. Care and support for each child to succeed in their education and their social life with others is very important at BWE.

Posted April 27, 2014
BWE is awesome and all staff from teachers to front office staff rock! They know the kids so it is worth your while to get to know the teachers and staff too. Best before and after school care along with summer camp! My daughter started out in Project Child, which is sad to say that the school can not offer anymore but is now in Team Quest and is challenged and learning a lot! My only 2 complaints are creative writing is not year round and that we have common core but all schools do!

Bluewater Elementary School 1

Posted April 18, 2014
Just moved into this school and so far it does not live up to its 10 rating or A+ rating. Every time I go into the front office I am barely spoken to. They don't want to get to know your children, the principal has not introduced themselves to us and the bullying on the bus is not handled fully. In gym my kids run mile after mile, they have not played any games or taught anything new. The teachers my children have want no one in their classrooms to volunteer. So disappointing, we moved into this schools zoning area and are very disappointed.

Bluewater Elementary School 1

Posted March 12, 2014
My child was just a number! And the PTA was by invitation ONLY! Such a joke. The principal didn't know her students or her parents and the only teacher we liked moved as soon as she could get out the door. We had problems with a specific teacher and were informed that the principal had a stack of complaints about her...too bad they were friends outside of school. Nothing was ever done!

Posted August 24, 2013
its an excellent school with excellent enviornment.im satisfied to send my daughter to this school.

Posted June 18, 2012
My children have had a wonderful experience at this top notch school. We researched all the schools in the area and are very pleased with all aspects of Bluewater Elementary. They are getting a private school education at a first rate public school. Parental involvement is incredible, the principal is wonderful and each teacher goes above and beyond.

Posted January 13, 2012
I am a father of two daughters who attend 2nd grade and Kindergarten. Their educational curriculum is rigorous which we like. My wife and I do homework with them every evening. No problems with any of the teachers as all have been wonderful and kid centered. The entire school constituency have parents who are majority DoD engineers, military officers, and other civil servants. I hesitate moving for leaving the school behind. When you see terrible school stats for Florida or America in general, don't blame the Niceville School Network.

Posted March 06, 2011
I love Bluewater Elementary! My son is in the Project Child program and is doing awesome. He started the program his kindergarten year and will keep the same three teachers through 2nd grade. He is in 1st now and went back to school after summer break and didn't skip a beat, because he was already comfortable with his teachers. We have been thinking about moving to the Pacific Northwest to be closer to family, but are so afraid that the schools won't measure up that we are starting to have second thoughts. Thanks to the great principal, teachers and parent involvement, Bluewater is an A+ rated school and I truly feel my son is getting a great education and he is excited about going to school and learning. It's so sad that the music teacher left and art is only every other week now though. I really hope the budget for next year includes music.

Posted November 03, 2010
My son started kindergarten at this school and I have seen great improvement in all areas of his learning. I have spoke with other parents that have had time to volunteer in his class & they do not understand the "routine" but apparently it is working for the kids. As not one parent has complained about the amount of knowledge that their child is taking in. Teacher is nice and the staff is friendly. Great experience...especially since this is my first child to start school. We will miss BWE very much when we PCS.

Bluewater Elementary School
4545 Range Road, Niceville, FL  32578
Last modified Bluewater Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 10 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Bluewater Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 23 reviews. Top