876 students|Okaloosa

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Ineffective (1 response)

Posted December 20, 2015
My son attended Bluewater from 2nd-5th (now in 6th) and I loved the school! Parents are always welcome in the classroom and there are opportunities for every parent to volunteer. One of my sons teachers would let him come in early and/or stay later in the afternoon because he is adhd and needed a quiet environment to get his work done and often worked one on one with him. Very caring teachers and staff!

Teacher effectiveness: Ineffective

Posted August 29, 2015
Students learn in different ways. The right teacher can make or break a child's love for learning. I don't feel the principal does enough to place a child with a teacher who would bring out the best in them. I'm also not certain the school exceeds in optimizing the tools available to them.

Develops empathy: Agree

Posted August 29, 2015
The teachers my child has had provides a daily report and gives them a high score for sharing, and showing empathy to other students.

Bluewater Elementary School 3

Posted August 29, 2015
My child has not been challenged at this school since moving from another 10 rated school in FL. Most teachers appear inexperienced. The principal and staff aren't welcoming and don't seem to care about getting to know parents. This area has a lot of military, so this school sees a lot of new students. I haven't heard of bullying or disciplinary issues with kids, so that is why I gave it a better rating than "bad".

Bluewater Elementary School 2

Posted December 03, 2014
My daughter struggles in Reading. She was not taught phonics in kindergarten or 1st grade. She was instructed by a sight word based curriculum. I asked for help in first grade and received none. She's now in 2nd and way behind the curve ball. But how is one supposed to succeed on reading tests that are 30-60 questions long every Friday when the foundation in reading isn't there. The principal is not supportive nor does she show any care for anyone other than herself. It's all for show. As long as the school's data looks good on paper, nothing else matters.

Posted May 23, 2014
We moved to this area in Nov 2013. My child improved a whole grade level in reading and math in just a few months. We are so happy. My child also loves school, loves homework and is a completely different child since the move. Thank you to the teachers and staff for their dedication to making sure kids master each subject. Also what a joy that the office and staff make an effort to know the children personally. No child is ever on the back burner. Care and support for each child to succeed in their education and their social life with others is very important at BWE.

Posted April 27, 2014
BWE is awesome and all staff from teachers to front office staff rock! They know the kids so it is worth your while to get to know the teachers and staff too. Best before and after school care along with summer camp! My daughter started out in Project Child, which is sad to say that the school can not offer anymore but is now in Team Quest and is challenged and learning a lot! My only 2 complaints are creative writing is not year round and that we have common core but all schools do!

Bluewater Elementary School 1

Posted April 18, 2014
Just moved into this school and so far it does not live up to its 10 rating or A+ rating. Every time I go into the front office I am barely spoken to. They don't want to get to know your children, the principal has not introduced themselves to us and the bullying on the bus is not handled fully. In gym my kids run mile after mile, they have not played any games or taught anything new. The teachers my children have want no one in their classrooms to volunteer. So disappointing, we moved into this schools zoning area and are very disappointed.

Bluewater Elementary School 1

Posted March 12, 2014
My child was just a number! And the PTA was by invitation ONLY! Such a joke. The principal didn't know her students or her parents and the only teacher we liked moved as soon as she could get out the door. We had problems with a specific teacher and were informed that the principal had a stack of complaints about her...too bad they were friends outside of school. Nothing was ever done!

Posted August 24, 2013
its an excellent school with excellent enviornment.im satisfied to send my daughter to this school.

4545 Range Road, Niceville, FL  32578
Last modified Bluewater Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 10 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Bluewater Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 28 reviews. Top