PK-12|Private

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Agree (4 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (5 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (3 responses)

Amount of homework: Agree

My children were not uniformly motivated in themselves to do work. I have noticed improvement in the school over the past 15 years in motivating smart, lazy students.

Develops character: Strongly agree

As a parent of six RBCS graduates, I credit the teachers and the school for helping us prepare them academically and spiritually for university, grad school, and careers. Our children had a good sense of being Christ's ambassadors in the world and and strong sense of God's call in their lives. No parent could ask more from a school. Our children played sports, took hard classes, and participated in service and leadership.

Top notch school. RBCS educates children as partners with parents in Kingdom Education principles. RBCS offers a unique perspective for giving kids a biblical world view while delivering phenomenal academics. RBCS has great extra curricular activities such as sports, fine arts, and academic competition teams. Faculty and Staff are truly called to participate with the home and the church to help grow the next generation of Christ-like leaders. My child has gone to RBCS since Kindergarten. We plan to continue at Rocky to see what the Lord has in store for Her and our family. We love Rocky!

Rocky Bayou Christian School had the small class sizes that my twins needed. I appreciate all the hard working teachers!

Teacher effectiveness: Strongly agree

The teachers at RBCS put their all into serving the students and families. They truly embody the adage of the teacher, working for the outcome, not the income.

Amount of homework: Agree

Although one of my children spent most of her time doing homework for the exceptionally rigorous schedule that she had chosen in high school, most of my children were able to manage their homework for honors level and above high school courses while participating in three varsity sports throughout each year.

Develops character: Strongly disagree

the honor code in the Academy is the culmination of the character training that the students have received since kindergarten. Academy students are encouraged to sign this honor code to state that they will strive to love others as Christ loves them. The Golden Rule, "Do unto others as you would have them do unto you", is emphasized in every aspect of the RBCS education.

My husband and I have worked at RBCS since we graduated from college and have been doubly blessed to have had all six of our children attend RBCS from kindergarten through high school graduation. Thanks to their RBCS education, followed by college and post graduate course work, the first four children are all blessed with great careers in engineering, law, physical chemistry and banking, respectively. Our fifth child graduated from a Christian university in South Florida and is working at a renowned hotel there, while making application for military service. Our youngest is still at a Christian college in Tennessee, per a volleyball scholarship. All of our children's teachers and coaches at RBCS helped to make them the successful citizens/students that they are today. The academics prepared them for college and career, but the mentoring, character building and leadership training prepared them for life, both in and beyond their schools and jobs. We thank God for Rocky Bayou Christian School, not only for our own six children, but also for the thousands of students we have been blessed to teach, mentor, and train in Christian character. When my husband and I "run into" alumni, especially when we see them registering their own children for an RBCS education, we feel tremendously blessed to have had the privilege to be a small part of their lives. What I saw on Facebook is so true: teachers don't teach for the income; teachers teach for the outcome!

Amount of homework: Agree

My child transferred from public school, where the amount of homework every night was overwhelming. The amount assigned at RBCS is much more manageable and age-appropriate. It reinforces topics learned at school while still allowing the children to have a life outside school.

Develops character: Strongly agree

RBCS places a strong emphasis on character education and morality in its educational goals, giving students a strong foundation in a Christian worldview.

Last modified Rocky Bayou Christian School is a Private school that serves grades PK-12