Niceville, FL
After care: No

Posted July 22, 2015
I have children attending RBCS in different grades and have been very pleased with the education they are receiving as well as the environment the school provides. RBCS offers different levels of rigor and curriculum that will meet where the student is at. They offer a strong special ed program and educational therapy program that will provide not only the accommodations sped students need but also an opportunity for students to improve their ability to learn. They offer an advanced program for highly motivated students who excel in academics. Many students graduating from RBCS has moved onto prestigious universities. I also love that fact that my children are given opportunities to join in many clubs and join athletic teams that will not only build character and team work but also build their resume for college. Mostly, I love the fact that this is a Christian school and bible is taught every day and faculty show grace and love. It is a loving and safe environment to learn and grow. My children LOVE this school and thank us for sending them here. We are a military family and have moved around and have homeschooled as well. For our family, who wants a loving environment, academic rigor, club/athletic teams, leadership training for our children, this is absolutely the best school that we have been to. The icing on the cake is the Christian education. We are truly happy here.

Rocky Bayou Christian School
Teacher effectiveness: Very effective

Posted July 22, 2015

Posted March 31, 2015
Rocky Bayou Christian School has been a blessing to my family. I cannot say enough about the great teachers and staff members! We have been with the school since my son was in the 3rd grade I have seen growth both spiritually and intellectually! it gives me peace of mind knowing that my son is in the care of people who LOVE God and are not just teaching him Mathematics, English and Science, but are instilling in him the values of Jesus Christ! He is in the care of teachers that care about his soul and are willing to come along side my family and support the foundation that "MY FAMILY" stands on Provebs 22:6 Train up a child in the way he should go, And when he is old he will not depart from it. So there you have it! What a BLESSING!

Posted March 16, 2015
My kids love going to school everyday. Their teachers are super involved in their lives. One teacher recently came to a basketball game just to watch my child play. Academics are strong, and I love that this is not a church school. It's non denominational and i like the perspective that brings for my kids. Above all, the best part of RBCS is that my kids get to learn about God and are surrounded by people who try to be good examples. Definitely coming back for more next year!

Posted March 13, 2015
Rocky Bayou Christian School has been a wonderful, loving experience for my children. They are challenged to excel academically while being taught a biblical worldview in their classes. One of my children receives therapy at school for her short term memory loss and that has been a huge help and boost to her confidence. This school has really dedicated faculty and staff and I love that when my kids come home they are singing songs about Jesus, know Bible verses, and just really being taught well and loved on by their teachers. The family feeling is great, the sense of community and desire to educate kids in a thoughtful and meaningful ways are evident. My kids love going to school at Rocky and even though it is not cheap we feel the value is both eternal and worth the sacrifices our family makes. I really do recommend this school for families who are interested in Christian education or have a child with special needs. We love it!
3 people found this helpful

Rocky Bayou Christian School 2

Posted March 03, 2015
As a former teacher in other private schools around the country, I am very disappointed with this school. Some of the staff can be very rude at drop off and pick up. The curriculum is lacking and some teacher's are not very well educated even if they have the "credentials". We pay a ton of money in tuition and we are constantly being asked for more. If you donate to this school you are given special treatment. This is a poorly ran business that has money as the top priority rather than children. It is a beautiful campus and I know there are some good people there and some great teachers but the school is basically a poorly ran business that hides behinds a Christian label. There is no competition around here so they have no reason to be better. This is our last year at Rocky.

Rocky Bayou Christian School 1

Posted January 27, 2015
Many of the teachers are very unprofessional in things they say and do! I can't believe the principal lows such behavior out of an adult. It's one particular family, that works there, gets away with telling kids they don't like them, because the asst. Principal is the father of this family. It's unreal what goes on at that school; no one would believe it unless they had a student attending the school.

Posted November 09, 2014
Our grandson transferred to RBCS K-5B class earlier this year. He has drastically improved on his reading skills, is learning cursive writing, and just as importantly has developed more self-confidence and an eagerness to learn!

Posted September 25, 2014
I love this school! My child started in K5 last year and is in 1st grade this year. We love the christian environment, the bible studies and the one on one attention my son gets.I was very worried as I didn't care for any of the public schools and the moment I walked into Rocky bayou I knew this was the perfect school for him. The attention, communication and service from the school and the staff is amazing. The Destin campus is a blessing to us Destin locals!

Posted September 22, 2014
My husband and I have worked at RBCS since we graduated from college and have been doubly blessed to have had all six of our children attend RBCS from kindergarten through high school graduation. Thanks to their RBCS education, followed by college and grad schools, the first four children are all blessed with great careers in engineering, law, science and banking, respectively. Our last two children are still in college, studying to be a nurse (practitioner) and a high school volleyball coach/physical education instructor. All of our children's teachers and coaches at RBCS helped to make them the successful citizens/students that they are today. The academics prepared them for college and career, but the mentoring, character building and leadership training prepared them for life, both in and beyond their schools and jobs. We thank God for Rocky Bayou Christian School, not only for our own six children, but also for the thousands of students we have been blessed to teach, mentor, and train in Christian character. (Typically all of our staff contribute to our Annual Fund, so I do look forward to a capital campaign soon for some more buildings, especially our own "cafetorium".)

Rocky Bayou Christian School
2101 Partin Drive North, Niceville, FL  32578
Last modified Rocky Bayou Christian School is a Private school that serves grades PK-12
Rocky Bayou Christian School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 49 reviews. Top