North Bay Village, FL

Posted August 30, 2015
My children have encountered excellent, caring, and truly professional teachers in this school. They are learning a lot... Safely and Happily! The school has a very good Gifted program, and the Aftercare thru City of North Bay Village is amazing and well-structured. The school is going thru major revamping, mainly due to efforts started in 2014 by the new Principal (Ms Vilar) and Assistant Principal (Ms Mendieta). They are nothing but QUALITY individuals with really good intentions and a very strong team behind them... We are happy to have such a great school in the area!

Treasure Island Elementary School 1

Posted April 02, 2015
Definitely the worst school in Miami Beach.100% unsatisfied in how the school handles important matters like communication, safety and academics.. The children are not safe with this incompetent staff and their hideaous facility. The absence of a school Principal is a dangerous situation that puts all of our kids at risk. Nobody is even capable to approach and resolve issues in a professional and timely matter. I feel sorry for the teachers ,they are not receiving the support they need and deserve and ultimately affecting every child's development and learning. I invite school board members to take a good look deep within this school, so sad to see our young bright minds eager to learn to be tossed aside by the mere lack of effort, intellect and ethics.

Treasure Island Elementary School 2

Posted August 16, 2014
unfortunately there is a new principalthat did nothing this past year...we went down to a D...shameful....no end of year celebration...very poor...she should resign

Posted September 28, 2013
I went there since I was in 2nd grade (I'm in 8th grade now) and let me tell you it is one of the best schools! The teachers are awesome (especially Ms. Dowell and Ms. Conner), they teach very well and I really learned A LOT in that school. I would recommend this school to anyone because your kids will learn a lot.

Treasure Island Elementary School 3

Posted January 29, 2013
My daughter has attended the school since Kindergarden and is about to graduate this year. Ms. Loudes Gonzalez is an awesome teacher who is no nonsense and takes teaching very serious, my daughter learned a great deal from her. I was always informed about my child's curriculum. Ms. Vincent is loving and caring very patient with the children and follows up with the parents. Shantel Ten- Parent

Posted December 02, 2012
Very happy with the school, my son has been in this school since 2010 and we had the honor to have Ms. Huffman the first year in Kindergarten and currently Mr. Alblinger for second grade and they are both exceptional teachers. It makes such a big difference in the children s performance when we are lucky enough to have good teachers providing top education to our kids. Special thanks to Ms. Barnes too for all she does to provide safety and loving care to our children.

Posted December 01, 2012
I am a Class of '79 alum and I have to say that in a world full of so many unnecessary changes, I am THRILLED to see that Treasure Island Elem. in many ways has not changed! I have not seen the school in many years as I have not lived in the area since 3 months after starting my 7th grade year however, from all I've read and everything I remember; It was the best school in the county, not just the district! I have wonderful memories of Treasure Island Elem. The long and short of it is that it gave the amazing quality education of a private school while still being a public school. I would recommend it to any and every parent that wants their child to receive an amazing education!

Posted August 24, 2011
mrs arencibia amazing!!!!!!!!!! wow my son knew 0 zero english and he ended up in gifted miracle worker!!!!!! go to her!!!! certified and young still studing amazing person and teacher!!!! my son loves her she teaches ESOL 1 and 2 and makes them gifted very generous but yet strick amazing go to her i cant appreciate her more nore my son

Treasure Island Elementary School 1

Posted January 28, 2011
My son's class is overcrowded, which they get around by having a second teacher. According to my son however, there aren't always two teachers in the class. I was highly dissappointed and the homework that my son gets is rediculous. The definitions for his vocabulary words, aren't thorough or even the most common usage of a word. I have specifically requested to be kept informed of what is happening at his school and in his classes, and the instructor has yet to contact me. They don't send information home with my son, regarding projects and events and activities, and it's like pulling teeth to get the information from my son- not to mention the questionable accuracy. They are always doing fundraisers and selling us stuff, but I have yet to see where that money is going to, or how it is benefitting my child's education. The stuff that they are selling, also breaks and is cheap, presents for mother's day, and before Christmas, etc ... It seems like they will take any excuse to sell anything, when I would be happy with a construction paper card and a handwritten note. Ironically, that would require practicing handwriting, composition, etc- so it's probably not a good idea.

Posted December 03, 2010
All three of my children have attended this school. Mrs. Barnes is a FANTASTIC Principal! I absolutely love her kindness and regards for others. My kids are always excited to go to school. I would recommend this school to anyone interested in transferring. My oldest daughter graduated with HONORS from TIES and my two younger children are on their way to the same merit. A+++++

Treasure Island Elementary School
7540 East Treasure Drive, North Bay Village, FL  33141
Last modified Treasure Island Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Treasure Island Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 31 reviews. Top