445 students|Lee

Bad
Good

Posted August 04, 2010
Very pleased with the whole J. Colin English Staff! They make my children and I feel very welcomed. Thank you:)

J. Colin English Elementary School

Posted September 29, 2009
my daughrt is a student at j. colin english and she seems to like the school very much. this is her second year at this school. i was very impressed with school last year when she transfered from her previous school in lehigh. she was very behind. they got her grades up from failing to passing in less than 3 months.

Posted October 18, 2008
My two children started going to this school in the second semester of the 2006-07 school year and they are doing wonderful. They were in another Lee County school and I had although I thought it was a good school I had multiple problems with both of my children. One of my children has learning difficulties and after 4.5 years of me telling him he needs to placed in ESE classes and having testing done both through the school and privately they finally decided he need help. There was a program at J. Colin that could accomodate his needs and it is like he is a new kid. I am so impressed with the compassion that the staff has towards the children. With our children being our future the staff here makes sure that each child reaches their full potential in the best way possible, with positive attitueds, praise and love.

Posted April 26, 2007
I moved my two daughters to this school after two difficult and struggling years with tears and refusing to get up in the morning to go to school. I wasn't getting the support that I needed from the teachers or the staff. But, they weren't getting the attention or the schooling that was needed after two years and me retaining them, I sought out J.Colin and it has been a God send. The entire school and staff are the greatest! I have never seen a school that is so involved with their students and parents the way that this school is. All students are treated the same and parents are encouraged (not pushed) to interact with the school in every aspect. My girls have loved going to school this year and have jumped 1.5 and 2 grade levels this year alone. Amazing what a excellent school and staff will do!

J. Colin English Elementary School 3

Posted January 31, 2005
By what I have heard, this is a good school and good interaction with the teacher/students. Parents seem to enjoy this school.

Posted August 10, 2003
My daughter attended Kindergarten at J. Colin last year and will be reattending in First grade this year. It was a wonderful school year all around. Her teacher was great with her and the other children. I was amazed at how much all of the kids learned within one school year, as well as the level of reading that she was on by the end of the year. I was allowed to stop in and sit in her classroom at any time for any time period and did not feel uncomfortable or in the way at all, I really liked that. I also really like that the parents are encouraged to meet their children for lunch and sit with them in the cafeteria. The new principal is one of the best principals in Lee County. He seems great, and very friendly and warming to the children.

J. Colin English Elementary School
120 Pine Island Road, North Fort Myers, FL  33903
Last modified J. Colin English Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.