1,673 students|Lee

Bad
Good

Teacher effectiveness: Agree

At least for AICE classes, the teachers work hard to make sure everyone gets everything they need to know and understand it well. We're given many chances too.

Teacher effectiveness: Strongly agree

Pass rates are high, and students are getting into college. That means the teachers are doing their jobs. The only issue I can see is that the orchestra teacher is a bit lackadaisical with the students.

Amount of homework: Agree

Naturally, with such a rigorous program as AICE, teachers assign a lot of homework. However, it's perfectly reasonable. Even if the student doesn't do homework, they are always well informed of the consequences of not completing the homework and almost always given a chance to make it up.

North High was an A school up until last year, but that should improve with the new principal. The AICE Program allows the students to easily obtain Bright Futures scholarships, which are applicable to all Florida colleges/universities. North is also an arts school, the Center for the Arts in this zone. Our marching band dominates, we have All State and All County orchestra, band, dance and chorus students, and our visual art/digital art/photography students have placed or won in several competitions. The cross country and track teams are definitely amongst the elites in Lee County. The football team has a very experienced coach who is currently working hard to improve the team. The girls' soccer team won 1st place in the district for the 2014-15 school year, and the boys are working hard to do as well. All in all, North Fort Myers High School Center for the Arts doing really well.

This is a great school and my daughter loves it. She is a straight A student and loves the JROTC program. Yes she comes home exhausted from working hard all day but is up to the challenge. Go Red Knights!!!

NFMHS is the worst school I've attended compared to any school, EVER. This is the only school I've known who blames ME for ME being BULLIED. Students: I should not be treated like a target just because I'm new, or forget to wear red one day. I should not be physically, or emotionally hurt because of you. No one should yell at me every day for unknown reason. I felt like I was in a prison here, this place left me depressed more than anywhere. Staff: I should not be blamed for getting bullied. I should not be ignored when I say I am picked on, or be lied to when you say you'll help me. You never did a thing about me getting bullied and I see that. I saw my friends getting their things destroyed by their bullies. People crying as if they were worried for their safety, and I was afraid to come back. I was an artsy student, you still treated me bad (not that this should matter, no one should be bullied). I'm sorry, but this is the truth, that I experienced, that I went through. That's my recommendation, to never go here.

I have two students of North im my family.A daughter that was a graduate last year and a son who is a junior this year. I feel like they are getting the ultimate high school experience by attending here. So much going on and for them to be involved in.We aremoving to Georgia and it just breaks my heart that my son won't be able to finish his high schooling there.

I currently attend this school. And I am not an artsy person. What if you were sent to this school by a parent and you HAVE to go here? They need more classes other than Chorus 1, Chorus 2, Acting 1 and Acting 2. It s just crazy. From all of the students that switched from here to Island Coast about 5-10, said they like Island Coast a WAY better school. Everyone I know that switched liked it better at their current school. I just think North needs an update. Plus, this school is so old and its outside (which is NOT FUN during the summer in Florida!!). The school has cracks on the second floor in the hallways and there are cracks in the walls of the office. It is a very old school. I get anxiety walking upstairs. I can t look at the ground. The teachers do care about your grades. But don't put an effort on you. Plus, some assign WAY to much work. I am trying to get my parents to let me switch out of here next semester. On the outside and at the events North looks like a fantastic school and that's what I thought but it's nothing what I expected it to be. The bullying is OUTRAGEOUS here also. Take it from a current student that CAN NOT stand it here.

Removing my daughter from this school, due to bullying. Constant harrassment by girls who are complete thugs inside and outside the school. The students absolutely rule the school and the administration has no control over the constant harrassment. Due yourself a favor and choose another school!!!

The school itself is good, some of the teachers however, need to be replaced. Alot of them are VERY rude and do not teach well. The programs offered at North are very limited too.

Last modified North Fort Myers High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.