North Fort Myers Academy For The Arts 3

Posted June 27, 2014
I believe the school is satisfactory for education, and it's quite easy to make friends, however there are a few problems that should be assessed. One being, don't address students who want to report bullying and the accused in the same room, this can start a fight or make the victim (whoever they are) uncomfortable telling the entire story. Two being to arrange/transport a student to a different pace than school ONLY under parents notification or consent (this is a personal matter that affected me greatly), and only a few teachers need to be a bit more sensitive and "benefit of the doubt" like when handling a distressed student (myself). Otherwise most of the teachers were friendly and didn't take anything when it came to discipline. I was mostly happy with the results, but that is my personal opinion on the entire matter here. As long as the right principal is in, the possibilities are endless. Thank you.

Posted January 08, 2013
I love this school. Basically if you don't have a type of art in mind you can find one that you'll like because of the many electives they offer. Most of the teachers will practically bend over backwards to help you. Our art programs are so spectacular that last year we were named best art school in the country. People constantly walk out of our shows amazed that it was a middle school production and that middleschoolers sewed the costumes, designed the set and backdrop, manned the lights and sounds, and preformed in it. They have a strict uniform policy which can help prepare students for real life. Even if you're not artsy you'll love this school, there are other electives like TV production and computer.

Posted July 13, 2012
I absolutely love this school! 4 out of my 5 children attend this school grades 1st, 4th, 6th and 7th and they all are doing wonderful, they love this school and so do I! I would recommend this school to anyone!

North Fort Myers Academy For The Arts 1

Posted December 07, 2011
This school doesn't care about your child's success. My child scored high on the FCATS entering the school and was in all advanced classes. After a year with this school she is one point away from failing math and hates school now. When I asked the school for help, they said they only provide tutoring for students who are failing the "FCAT" not a class. Seems they only care about keeping their "A" grade status and getting more grant funds for their special arts programs. It's hard to rate this school because there are a few shining stars fon staff and I do love the arts program, but when you need help - you will not get it.

North Fort Myers Academy For The Arts 0

Posted July 24, 2009
I love this school I dont want to go to any other school but this one its so awsome

Posted May 08, 2009
this is the best school for both of my childeren everybody is nice and even respectful

Posted April 19, 2009
This ia a great school. It made an A anmet all AYP for NCLB. It is also an Arts Achive Model School,a Positive Behavior Model School, and a CRISS Demostration School. What a great placefr kids

Posted August 28, 2008

Posted August 24, 2008
I am a former student of NFMAA. I absoultely LOVED it. Teachers actually care. They want you to succeed. Great Arts program. I recommend Drama, and Physical Education, Ms. Black is a excellent teacher. The only thing I don't agree on, is the DRESS CODE. If the werent worried about punishing us maybe we could get or A+ rating. I hope this review helped.

Posted May 09, 2008
i have had my issues with the school, but honestly, they have always made a quick effort to get them resolved. The teachers are great at communicating, but you have to make the first move. Otherwise my children enjoy the variety of arts they didn't get in a non-magnet school. Uniform policy is strict, and they have stiff rules about fighting and bulling...but that is a definite plus to me. Dr. Santini is wonderful and they have alot of positive reward systems to inspire the children to do thier best.

North Fort Myers Academy For The Arts
1856 Arts Way, North Fort Myers, FL  33917
Last modified North Fort Myers Academy For The Arts is a Public school that serves grades PK-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.
North Fort Myers Academy For The Arts Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 24 reviews. Top