PK-1|Private

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)

Very unhappy with this daycare. I pick picked up my son and they tell me he has a low grade fever of 99.8 and they just noticed it..... And I go into his classroom and there was only one teacher for more than 15 kids and then another teacher comes in an looks scared that I was in the room..... He has come home disgusting and his face was covered in snot. The director acts like you bother her when you ask any type of question and has her i'm assuming daughter answer the questions for her. I'm trying one other location and if its the same then this business needs to be shut down for good.

This school has been a poor choice on our part. We chose the school because of distance and price point. While I do like that they have a routine and no tv time I feel that the care takers are ill tempered with the children. I have personally witnessed short tempers from two care givers and it seems as if no one enjoys their job. Recently, the fence had been damaged leaving a gapping whole in the kids play area. It's been a month and it still hasn't been fixed. So, I tried to contact the proper authorities to make them fix it to find endless lawsuits and cases of abuse coming out of Grace Community School. In 2009 three children were found playing in a busy road after climbing out of a broken fence at a different location. Because Grace Community School is church run it does not have to answer to the state or dcf. This is absolutely appalling. I've also witnessed babies with blankets up by their heads! I noticed one baby had half of its face covered by a blanket while sleeping in a swing! Needless to say I will be pulling all three of my kids from that horrid school and will diligent in finding a proper, nurturing, state approved establishment.

Teacher effectiveness: Disagree

Everyone working with the children are dual speaking. My youngest now believes that a V makes a B sound due to heavy accents. Now matter how hard I try to correct him, he disagrees with me.

We love our children. We don't want to see them hurt, neglected, or mistreated in any way. Now that we agree... I will start with my child's first day. I had this gut feeling but I ignored it. I thought, "there are so many kids here, it can't be bad..." And I was wrong. It's price point, at $75/wk with no registration fee, is appealing and may be the only price many parents in the area can afford. That alone is enough for some parents to over look a few things like the teachers not speaking English or kids running all over the facility like... Kids allowed to run all over a facility. My baby was neglected and left scared in a room. IN FRONT OF ME. I spied through a window and witnessed this myself. My child was hungry and sad when they were picked up and grabbing at me like their life depended on it. I do not recommend this school. It is not DCF accredited. It's accredited by an organization that the founder is a member of. Also, the founder was found guilty of child abuse but because it was his first offense, the case was dropped when he attended "counseling." I don't know about you, but is it worth it? I placed a stop payment on our check and pulled my child in the firat WEEK!

My two year old started Grace Community about three months ago and in her first week alone, she got a double ear infection and bronchitis. Her third week she got head lice and every time we clear her up and she goes back she comes home with more bugs in her hair! This past week she's come home with a bumpy rash on her neck, turns out she's got scabies! This place is disgusting and I have never been so aggravated with a school in my life.

I love Grace Community, and so does my 2 year old daughter! She asks to go to school on the weekends;). She loves her teachers. The staff there is warm and caring towards the children. My daughter's vocabulary has grown by leaps and bounds and she has picked up a little Spanish! During the summer they had bounce houses and water slides for the kids, Clown Day ad Pirate Day. They do a lot with the children. I would recommend this school to anyone!

My kids have been going to Grace Community in Ft Myers for 3 years. I am very happy that we chose this school. My chidren are always excited about wearing their 'whales t-shirts' on Fridaysso that they can be in 'The Whale Shirt Parade'. They love Bible time so much that I have noticed them 'teaching' their own'class' durin playtime at home. And my 4 year old can already read very well thanks to their eading program. I am very thankful for Grace Communityand all of it's loving staff! Keep up the good work!

We have been attending Grace Community School for several years now. I feel safe having my children there and both my children love the school and teachers. Thanks Grace Community for taking good care of our precious little ones.

Last modified Grace Community School is a Private school that serves grades PK-1