638 students|Broward

Bad
Good

The school atmosphere and children at the school are great. The school itself is terrible, from administration who passes the buck and dont care to teachers who are there just for s check. We recently relocated and my children love the fact that all the kids were so warm and welcoming. The teachers on the other hand, another story- my children come from getting A's and B's - two months into the school- my children are coming home with D's. No explanation as to why. Try to get a meeting - brush you off, change dates, run from you after school. Finally get a meeting- i let my children explain themselves and how they are not getting support from the teacher and all they do is hand out paper and tell the kids to complete the task. Kids dont make schools horrible- teachers and bad administration make schools horrible, this one needs to be closed!

My child is in the Pre-K program at Pinewood Elementary and I really like the School. Mrs. De Vera-Lopez is the most caring Teacher I have seen in a long time. No I have never met the principal and had a one on one conversation with her but, I have heard her speak and she know what she is doing but we must do our part as well! I know i really can't Speak for every parent because my child is in pre- k but THE TRACHERS REALLY DO CARE. IT'S THE PARENTS! WE have to read and study with our children. We have to show up to SAC and PTSA meeting. REMEMBER WHAT IT WAS LIKE WHEN YOU GREW UP!!! IT TAKES A VILLAGE TO RAISE A CHILD! ! ! My son was just turned 4 years old and thanks to his teacher he can write his name, spell his name, speak full sentences and the list goes on. Pinewood you are alright with me.

The curriculum needs to be stepped up, big time! My son has a prosthesis so in the mornings at 7:20am when there is no one to open the front door on the K-2 side is very upsetting. Someone is supposed to open the door by 7:15am to let the children inside to line up for breakfast. So many times I parked my car and walked around the building with my son to make sure he gets inside the cafeteria. Second issue, the security at the school was an issue for me so I decided to contact someone to get involved with the PTA and to attend meetings. I called the school and was given a number to contact the PTA president, left a message and she never called me back. Third issue, I was expecting some type of report to see what my son reading level is for kindergarten, never got one. Fourth issue, never had a meet and greet with the principal or any emails throughout the school year. I think keeping in touch with the parents shows the level of commitment. Finally, security security security!! Pick up and drop off procedures are lacking organizational effort. I never drove off until I saw my son walk directly into the cafeteria. My son is now at North Broward Academy of Excellence.

This school is horrible the teachers and staff are very unsupportive and the principal rarely does anything and the worst teacher Geri D'Elia is rude disrespectful and threatens children, if they talk they can not go to lunch and they have horrible organization this school is the worst school ever don't send your children they were a D school 2 years and in a row and it deserves to be shut down. (Geri D'Elia puts her hands on children spits in there face and her breath freaks)

Pinewood is a decent school the faculty and staff are kind and courteous. The students are from a good combination of households, races and classes. Pinewood is an older school with a few facilities issues, but the teachers are what make the school, not what it looks like. We tried another fancier school and I brought my son right back to Pinewood. My son had a very difficult time at the fancier school, making connections with faculty and students. It seems that everyone at Pinewood remembered him and welcomed him back with open arms. Every school has it's good and bad, but it is up to the parents to get involved and help make the students experience a possitive one.

This school is family oriented for middle class families.Children gets great attention from staff. More publicity would help this school. My daughter is now in 5th grade and has made honor role every year, she loves her school motivated everyday.

My son is still active at this school since 2nd grade. Now his going on the 5th grade. So far im not to pleased about this school. They are bullies and the principal dont do anything about it. The only good thing about this year, Is that my son got an excellent teacher that kept him focus and prepared him for the FCAT's. She did a great job. Thanks Ms. DiAntonio. Hope we can have you again in the 5th grade.

i go to this school it ok year I'll be graduating from pinewood its my school i like it their , but i have to tell you the truth the restroom needs to be clean every minute , but its not theirs kocroach and ants in the classroom , bathroom , and lunchroom ........ some of the teachers are mean an some are nice ,,,.... !!!!!!! its your choice if you want to send your child to pinewood if it was my choice i wouldn't send my child their ..................................

My daughters who are in 5th and 2nd grade had there first day of school here today. How do I transfer them. My oldest daughter's class is in the building. My youngest is out of the building a good distance in a classroom that resembles a trailer. My kids told me they do not have a play ground. They have to play in a field. When I picked my kids up today it was horrible. Complete mass confusion..my oldest daughter had to walk in the pouring rain around the school to meet her sister at the south side of the school so that I could pick them up. My youngest daughter who is in 2nd grade was doing kindergarten homework and had a substitute that had to find out from class on what she was suppose to do. My kids also informed me that the teachers gave them the answers to most of the work they did today. I really am worried about their education now and really want to find out how I transfer them to a different school.. I gave this school one star because I had to if I did not I would have not gave them any stars.

Mi hijo va a esta escuela y me gustan sus maestra, siempre estan al pendiente y todos los dias hacen cosas en el salon.

Last modified Pinewood Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 2 out of 10 based on academic quality.