Posted October 22, 2014
This is my son first year at NBAE and he is in 1st grade from transferring from Pinewood Elementary across the street. So far I am please with the level of communication. It is October and I have already had 3 opportunities to meet with his teacher and already met with the new principal. The security at the school is definitely where it should be. The pet peeve is the parking lot and car loop, the school is way too small for it. However the playground, the pool and the fake grass is a plus for the kids when playing outside. I recently got a listing of clubs and activities that my son could get involved in and I was happy to see that. Another plus is being given access to websites like ReadingEggs.com to help assist my son in his reading. I do feel his homework is well put together for him and being on campus the school is up to par. Next year since we have moved my son maybe placed at NBAE sister school Renaissance Charter Coral Springs but now NBAE makes me feel more comfortable that he is being pushed versus Pinewood Elementary.

Posted July 01, 2014
My twin daughters just finished their Kindergarten year in the advance class with Ms. Morales. I feel my daughters were well-served with a teacher who recognized their skill levels, and encouraged and challenged them to improve. I was considering putting them in a public school gifted program but am glad I took a chance on NBAE. They were already reading at above K-level when they started. They are now at a 3rd-grade level! Also, it is so easy to communicate with teachers and staff at the school. Sad to see Principal Self leaving, but I believe he left the kids in good hands with the incoming principal. I also believe the extracurriculars could use some improvement, but there are choices. All in all, I am pleased with NBAE this first year and looking forward to a better experience and more involvement (on my part) next year.

Posted September 10, 2013
I am a new parent to NBAE my daughter is in Kindergarten there with a great teacher. I feel the amount of homework is adequate. Security precautions are executed very well and, above all my daughter is learning. My only problem is the drop off and pick up process (very time consuming), but everything else is great so far.

Posted May 27, 2013
I have a daughter and son that is attending this school, and I could not have ask for a better school. There is a lot of parental involvement. You do have to volunteer hours every school year for your child to continue attending. Both my kids are on the honor roll. The teachers are awesome, I have not have a problem with teachers or administrative staff. The principal is really friendly. This school feel like home. If you are a parent who are not involve in your child education, do not bother to send your child.

North Broward Academy Of Excellence 1

Posted October 16, 2010
The school takes in the worse of the worse and treats them like prisoners and there is a serious lack of admin support for the teachers.

North Broward Academy Of Excellence 3

Posted April 28, 2010
I have seen this school grow from the days at the Riverside Christian Academy to a now state of the art new school. The staff that work there from the front office to the janitor are very friendly and attentive to the kids. The class sizes are small and its like a small community where everyone knows each others names. There is a gifted/advance student program at the school. While other schools are cutting so many programs NBAE has managed to avoid doing so. There are many extras being offered art, music, science lab and PE. There are clubs that have been formed like the environmental science club, drama, cheerleading and now there is violin classes being offered in the aftercare program. For a tuition free school it is wonderful and I love the strict uniform policy. I have 2 kids there and would not consider another institution to educate my kids.

North Broward Academy Of Excellence 2

Posted March 17, 2010
I am a parent and I have a daughter that goes to this school, her teachers are ok when it comes to responding to emails about her work, but the discipline at this school is not very good. It seems that a child has to say bully before anything is done.My daughert was really good in her subjects prior to attending but due to the disiplinary actions or lack there of she has gone done. Another thing is that I have never meet teachers and there has been no teachers conference. I know the budget has gone done but not to speak with parents face to face iwas not a good idea.She is now saying how much she hates school and this is coming from a child that loved school.She will not be attending the next scool year. My advised would be to go to NBAE only as a LAST

Posted April 30, 2009

Posted February 25, 2009
Our daughter continues to be the 'A' student she was at previous public and private schools and we are all very happy with NBAE. However, I agree with the previous post about advanced/gifted classes and parents taking more responsibility. If your children belong in an advanced or gifted program, then put them into a school that offers that! Don't blame the school if YOU, as parents, didn't do YOUR job and didn't do your research properly. Although it seems to be better lately, lack of parental responsibility is a growing problem everywhere, and yes, even at this school. Remember, our children don't learn from their school teachers alone, they learn from us as well.

Posted December 18, 2008
I have reviewed this school at a prior date and time. This is my son's 4th year at this school, and I am very impressed with his teacher. She is very organized and challenges him A LOT! I know there is not a gifted program; however, as a parent you must give extras at home...I don't think by offering a gifted program ensures a more gifted child. Parents must take the responsibility as well.

North Broward Academy Of Excellence
8200 Southwest 17th Street, North Lauderdale, FL  33068
Last modified North Broward Academy Of Excellence is a Charter school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.
North Broward Academy Of Excellence Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 25 reviews. Top