683 students|Broward

Bad
Good

Develops character: Strongly agree

Students are rewarded for honesty, fairness and showing integrity. Even though, these are all things I teach at home- I appreciate it is enforced in school.

My children love it at NBAE! I have a 2nd grader and a kindergartener. Their teachers are great and easy to contact. Very responsive.

Teacher effectiveness: Strongly agree

Teachers i have encountered are very effective at identifying my children's specific needs, talents and their strengths.

This is my son first year at NBAE and he is in 1st grade from transferring from Pinewood Elementary across the street. So far I am please with the level of communication. It is October and I have already had 3 opportunities to meet with his teacher and already met with the new principal. The security at the school is definitely where it should be. The pet peeve is the parking lot and car loop, the school is way too small for it. However the playground, the pool and the fake grass is a plus for the kids when playing outside. I recently got a listing of clubs and activities that my son could get involved in and I was happy to see that. Another plus is being given access to websites like ReadingEggs.com to help assist my son in his reading. I do feel his homework is well put together for him and being on campus the school is up to par. Next year since we have moved my son maybe placed at NBAE sister school Renaissance Charter Coral Springs but now NBAE makes me feel more comfortable that he is being pushed versus Pinewood Elementary.

This school is a good school to send your child to. I recomend you send your child there since there aren't any better schools in the area. The Middle school gives you high school credits such as Algebra 1, Geometry, Spanish 1,and Biology. But the activities there aren't so hot either. There is a pool but only the kindergartners get to use it. Also there's no gym. But that is the least of most parents worries. The reason they go to school is for an education. The lunch is way too expensive for what they give us. Fortunately, right now our present principal is trying to fix that. And take this from a 8th grade student who is going there.

My twin daughters just finished their Kindergarten year in the advance class with Ms. Morales. I feel my daughters were well-served with a teacher who recognized their skill levels, and encouraged and challenged them to improve. I was considering putting them in a public school gifted program but am glad I took a chance on NBAE. They were already reading at above K-level when they started. They are now at a 3rd-grade level! Also, it is so easy to communicate with teachers and staff at the school. Sad to see Principal Self leaving, but I believe he left the kids in good hands with the incoming principal. I also believe the extracurriculars could use some improvement, but there are choices. All in all, I am pleased with NBAE this first year and looking forward to a better experience and more involvement (on my part) next year.

I have a daughter and son that is attending this school, and I could not have ask for a better school. There is a lot of parental involvement. You do have to volunteer hours every school year for your child to continue attending. Both my kids are on the honor roll. The teachers are awesome, I have not have a problem with teachers or administrative staff. The principal is really friendly. This school feel like home. If you are a parent who are not involve in your child education, do not bother to send your child.

The school takes in the worse of the worse and treats them like prisoners and there is a serious lack of admin support for the teachers.

I have seen this school grow from the days at the Riverside Christian Academy to a now state of the art new school. The staff that work there from the front office to the janitor are very friendly and attentive to the kids. The class sizes are small and its like a small community where everyone knows each others names. There is a gifted/advance student program at the school. While other schools are cutting so many programs NBAE has managed to avoid doing so. There are many extras being offered art, music, science lab and PE. There are clubs that have been formed like the environmental science club, drama, cheerleading and now there is violin classes being offered in the aftercare program. For a tuition free school it is wonderful and I love the strict uniform policy. I have 2 kids there and would not consider another institution to educate my kids.

I am a parent and I have a daughter that goes to this school, her teachers are ok when it comes to responding to emails about her work, but the discipline at this school is not very good. It seems that a child has to say bully before anything is done.My daughert was really good in her subjects prior to attending but due to the disiplinary actions or lack there of she has gone done. Another thing is that I have never meet teachers and there has been no teachers conference. I know the budget has gone done but not to speak with parents face to face iwas not a good idea.She is now saying how much she hates school and this is coming from a child that loved school.She will not be attending the next scool year. My advised would be to go to NBAE only as a LAST

Last modified North Broward Academy Of Excellence is a Charter school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.