683 students|Broward

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Just right (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Very effective (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Teacher (1 response)

Grateful to: Teacher

Posted November 19, 2015
First of all, to my super star students Chloe and Enzo thank you for always giving it your all! You guys have been blessed with amazing teachers at NBAE that instead of dimming your loght help you shine brighter. Among these teachers are Mrs. Morales, Mrs. Han, Mrs. Lockie and Mrs. Perez thank you for all of your hard hard work and dedication to my children . Because of you ladies my children love attending NBAE. They learn and you make it fun! So again thank you! May you have another amazing school year.

Develops respect: Strongly agree

Posted November 19, 2015
Yes. Teachers and staff ensure children are respectable towards one another. No tolerance policy. It helps me feel as if my children are safe.

Develops honesty: Strongly agree

Posted November 19, 2015
Students are rewarded for honesty, fairness and showing integrity. Even though, these are all things I teach at home- I appreciate it is enforced in school.

North Broward Academy Of Excellence 5

Posted November 19, 2015
My children love it at NBAE! I have a 2nd grader and a kindergartener. Their teachers are great and easy to contact. Very responsive.

Teacher effectiveness: Very effective

Posted November 19, 2015
Teachers i have encountered are very effective at identifying my children's specific needs, talents and their strengths.

Posted October 22, 2014
This is my son first year at NBAE and he is in 1st grade from transferring from Pinewood Elementary across the street. So far I am please with the level of communication. It is October and I have already had 3 opportunities to meet with his teacher and already met with the new principal. The security at the school is definitely where it should be. The pet peeve is the parking lot and car loop, the school is way too small for it. However the playground, the pool and the fake grass is a plus for the kids when playing outside. I recently got a listing of clubs and activities that my son could get involved in and I was happy to see that. Another plus is being given access to websites like ReadingEggs.com to help assist my son in his reading. I do feel his homework is well put together for him and being on campus the school is up to par. Next year since we have moved my son maybe placed at NBAE sister school Renaissance Charter Coral Springs but now NBAE makes me feel more comfortable that he is being pushed versus Pinewood Elementary.

Posted September 05, 2014
This school is a good school to send your child to. I recomend you send your child there since there aren't any better schools in the area. The Middle school gives you high school credits such as Algebra 1, Geometry, Spanish 1,and Biology. But the activities there aren't so hot either. There is a pool but only the kindergartners get to use it. Also there's no gym. But that is the least of most parents worries. The reason they go to school is for an education. The lunch is way too expensive for what they give us. Fortunately, right now our present principal is trying to fix that. And take this from a 8th grade student who is going there.

Posted July 01, 2014
My twin daughters just finished their Kindergarten year in the advance class with Ms. Morales. I feel my daughters were well-served with a teacher who recognized their skill levels, and encouraged and challenged them to improve. I was considering putting them in a public school gifted program but am glad I took a chance on NBAE. They were already reading at above K-level when they started. They are now at a 3rd-grade level! Also, it is so easy to communicate with teachers and staff at the school. Sad to see Principal Self leaving, but I believe he left the kids in good hands with the incoming principal. I also believe the extracurriculars could use some improvement, but there are choices. All in all, I am pleased with NBAE this first year and looking forward to a better experience and more involvement (on my part) next year.

North Broward Academy Of Excellence 5

Posted May 27, 2013
I have a daughter and son that is attending this school, and I could not have ask for a better school. There is a lot of parental involvement. You do have to volunteer hours every school year for your child to continue attending. Both my kids are on the honor roll. The teachers are awesome, I have not have a problem with teachers or administrative staff. The principal is really friendly. This school feel like home. If you are a parent who are not involve in your child education, do not bother to send your child.

North Broward Academy Of Excellence 1

Posted October 16, 2010
The school takes in the worse of the worse and treats them like prisoners and there is a serious lack of admin support for the teachers.

8200 Southwest 17th Street, North Lauderdale, FL  33068
Last modified North Broward Academy Of Excellence is a Charter school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.