650 students|Broward
School principal icon 130x130 140902

School Official Point of View

Imagine at North Lauderale is an amazing family. I have not only been a parent of two past students but I am proud to work there. The high level of education is not reached by any other school. Students and their families are treasured by all those who work there. Just walk into the office and you will experience a feeling of kindness and trust. You can trust that when you leave your student at the door that they will be cared for and educated at a level beyond your imagination .
January 04, 2016

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Agree (3 responses)
Currently, most people answered Agree (3 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (3 responses)

My children have gone to this school K-5 and I have no complaints about anything. They both have always received the best possible education from kind, compassionate teachers. I have always felt like family at the school.

Develops character: Strongly disagree

Lack of communication and when u do speak with authority they never know what's going on

My daughter had so many bad experiences with this school teacher stole her watch when she ask to use rest room she was told no poor child urinated on herself when she ask to go to office for changing cloths again she was told no this happen around noon I was never informed I found out at 3:30 when I arrived to pick her up I found child still with the cloths on when I parked car to complaint I was told I couldn't speak with teacher she later would call me I never received a call I always was called for money issues far as things the school was selling or to be in formated that my child had got into a argument with another kid or she was talking doing lessons but never bout her education when I asked bout her work oh she's a smart girl be progress reports shows my kid was working below level when I asked bout tutoring they said she didn't qualified then when they finally accepted her in tutoring she was being taught how to make ice cream I had to remove my child they informed me the day before school was out bout she failed and gave summer camp info for the camp but registrastion was June 1st they issue info June 3rd this school is horrible and will have your kid so far behind its ridiculous my child came home with cuts in her face and everything the staff don't have control of the students at all school be so noisey our experience was horrible please take my word for it don't make the mistake I did my child is suffering now cause now she's a 3rd grade repeater

As a North Lauderdale community member, I have seen first hand the dedication of the teachers, staff, and principal toward the students at this school. Five years ago this school was the lowest F school in the county; its latest published grade of a B shows the committed efforts in ensuring the students receive the best instruction possible. The principal Ms. Kelly's focus is on what's best for her students, which shows in the efforts of teachers, coaches, and staff who share this vision and tirelessly work to help students reach their full potential. The school offers after-school and weekend programs - during which you will find Ms. Kelly tutoring - to ensure students are given all the support needed. This is an excellent school which parents looking for their children to receive the best instruction and support possible should consider.

Message to families
SCHOOL LEADER
Posted January 04, 2016

Develops character: Strongly agree

Nothing is hidden from parents. The requirements are provided to parents as well as their child's scores. All parents know what is expected and where their child is and what steps will be taken next.

This school is well organized and embraces children. I've worked at other charters and public schools and I'm happy to be apart of this team. Administration has high standards for employees, students, and parents. We are all faced with the new testing requirements and have to rise to the occasion. We work hard for our students and they work hard for us. Students and parents know that we care for them and all the members of their family. This school gets results where others do not.

Administration talks to staff like they are children. Micromanaging and hostile work environment. Teachers quit on a weekly basis. Teachers are under appreciated and talked about by admin.

I love that school. I like the fact that all the teachers know every students by names, and they really care for the safety of the students. If you live around North Lauderdale, you really should give that school a try. You won't regret it.

Great and caring teachers. Many innovative teaching strategies are used to fulfill each student's needs; emotionally, socially, and academically.

Last modified Imagine Charter/N Lauderdale is a Charter school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.