No rating

Holy Family Catholic School

Private | PK-12

Student diversity

Living in North Miami

Situated in an inner city neighborhood. The median home value is $85,000. The average monthly rent for a 2 bedroom apartment is $940.

Sweep tile

Posted June 11, 2013

this school is horrible. there are no extra curricular activities or no art or music classes cause u know why.. the principle removed it and the sisters. the principle wont even let my child's teacher have private tutouring. the secretery should be the principle.

Posted April 13, 2012

this school is th WORST. the first grade teacher, mrs fernandes, regularly smokes cigarettes outside her room during school hours....during class! my son complains that she goes out there at least 5 times a day coming back in smelling like smoke. she told the children "not to tell or else they cant go on the field trip". where do they find these teachers! this is UNACCEPTABLE! who is watching them when she is out having her little smoke break! also, the kids NEVER have PE class. everytime ive seen the PE teacher he is in the library on a computer not doing anything but browsing the internet. This school is a joke! dont send your children here! the principal>.... dont get me started! she will not allow any sort of extracurricular or fun-time activities for the students. i understand that it is a catholic school, but come on! theyre kids! the archediosese needs to get rid of this school. if you live in the area and want a good quality haitian catholic school go to St James. They have QUALITY teachers and staff, unlike this joke of a school; BEWARE and stay away

Posted November 16, 2011

The school has changed over the years and with a new staff and I am very pleased with Holy Family. The kids are well behaved and they are learning. Very well rounded school now, spiritually, education, discipline, and sports. Keep up the good work. Parents need to do a better job in supporting the school.

Posted September 3, 2009

There is a new principal and over 7 new teachers this 2009-2010 school year. They are commited to quality education, firm discipline and fairness all-round. See the difference soon.

Posted August 11, 2006

Over the years I have seen many changes at Holy Family, but my husband and I have sent all of our children to school there and are satisfied with the education they have received. Three of our children have already graduated from Holy Family and gone on to much success in high school and college. Our younger two are attending now and we are looking forward to a new year with our new principal and new teachers.

Posted July 26, 2006

When I came to this school it started off great. I love this school but the teachers are very rude and very bad they have no respect for you or anybody else. I suggest you don't let you're kids stay in holy family its a bad school. The students UGH No comment. Please I inform you do not let you're kids go to this shcool.
—Submitted by a student

Posted May 5, 2005

My son attended Holy Family for his kindergarten and first grade years. He never had homework in kindergarten and only spelling words for first grade. He was passes to the second grade when I found out he was on kindergarten reading level. I took him out of Holy Family. The public school he now attends has been working with him and now at the end of the second grade he is on beginner second grade reading level. They are giving him free tutoring whereas, Holy Family wanted $20 an hour. I did not have this kind of money so he was LEFT BEHIND. I wish I had never let my child attend this school. It was more about money than a child getting off to a good start.

• Coed
Associations
  • FACCS
  • SACS/CASI
Fax number
  • (305) 947-1826

Specific academic themes or areas of focus

• Religious