577 students|Dade

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)

My daughter have been at this school since pre-k all her teachers so far have been great ,especially mrs. Rowe if I have an issue I can talk to her teachers about it,what I really like the principal have an open door policy,always there when you need her,however my biggest issue is the cafeteria manager mrs.Thomas she doesn't know how to talk to the kids,I saw her yelling into kids face,last but not least the people that works inside the office need more phone etiquette before you even finished talking they hang up the phone I picked up my child early they never asked to see my I'd hopefully the year 2015-2016 will be better

I feel that most of the teachers at Benjamin Franklin K-8 Center, have a geniune concern for the students. However I am very appalled with my childs math & social studies teacher. Princess Stanley. To be honest I dont feel that she has the mannerism to be a elementary school teacher. She gave my child an F on her report card, and it took sevearl months for me to get an conference with her. And when I finally spoke with her, her attitude was terrible, and to be honest she could care less about my child's education. I was so upset that I decided to contact the District of this issue. After my daughter's work was reviewed by the Asst. Principal it was determained that my daughter did not earn on F, and that he grade would be changed immediately. But if I was not persistent my child would have received a grade that she did not earn.

I can't find it in my heart to recommend this school to anyone. The staff in this school is not helpful. They don't advise parents of any changes, so if the school gets out early, they don't let you know. I had to call to find out my child's report card grades. I pick my child up everyday and it is truly amazing how they let the children run threw the parking lot and the pickup area with no supervision, so safety is of very low priority. My child's teacher called out more than half the year, what is that? Teachers and staff need to step it up or the future of these kids will continue to lead to a dead end.

My concern comes from the school's overall grading. It has gone from an 'A' school down to a 'B' school and now it's an 'F' school! I can't imagine that it's the teachers being that they have a high percentage of advanced degrees, and have over 23 years of teaching experience. I believe it's the management, the assistant principal and principal of the school not to mention the lack of parent participation. This is my son's last year in the school. I have a daughter attending this school next year and another son shortly after. My hopes are that the school improves, if not well, I just don't see my children attending in the future.

Last modified Benjamin Franklin K-8 Center is a Public school that serves grades PK-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.