978 students|Dade

Bad
Good

My name is Alberto Iber and I am the proud Principal of North Miami Middle School. Any concerns that you have, please address them to me. I love the community and the students and will work very hard to solve your problems. I invite you to visit anytime and find out about all of the wonderful things we are doing. My aim is to prepare all students to be productive members of our society.

This school is just an average Miami Dade Public School. Administration does try to handle things appropriately but with the amount of children who attend the school its hard. I have called and left a message with the principal and my call was returned the same day. The communication between parents and teachers needs improvement. This school has a lot of potential they just need to find a way to occupy the children so they are not encouraged to make the wrong choices. The teachers seem to have a nonchalant attitude about things that would raise alarm in my book any day.( can't says that's all of them). I know this school can do better than it does. I hope to see them as one of the top schools one day. In order to do that we as parents need to teach and enforce our children's behavior.

North Miami Middle School is a very good school,they call you when your child is doing good or bad,they keep you in touch with what is going on all the time.So i would recommend anyone not to be afraid of sending your child to it.

This school is awful!!! Avoid sending your child here at all costs. Your child will not be safe and will have to endure exposure to violence and a poor education. I'm surprised it hasn't been shut down yet.

My daughter graduated there it was a terrible experience. The adminitration is too busy with the fights, they don't have time to meet the parents when necessary. I went to the school one day @ 7AM I did not get out of there until after 9 am. If a child is being repeatedly disruptive do something show the child there consequences for eveything. Not ten days suspention for every little thing. The child come late 5 min, 10 days. Come without uniform, 10 days. Ten days suspension is not the solution. Establish a better communication between parents and teachers that will make a big difference.

My son spent his last year of high school at North miami and I have to say it was a terrible experience. Probably two months into the year he was attacked by gang members, supposedly one of the kids who were involved was suspended for ten days but my son told me he saw him in school the next day.Its a lovely school with state of the arts technology but it,unfortunately, is full of thugs.There's not enough staff to deal with all of the issues of that school. Everytime I would drop off my son I was very nervous..and another thing the counselors are never available , they don't return your calls..some of the teachers dress just like the students..like I said a whole lot of issues

i think it is an great school because if u dont pay attention to the fights and food fights you'll notice how half of the children really pay attention and i go to north miami now and if you teach and discipline your students they will learn and know not to follow along in that because some of the children act likek that either because they dont get all the attention they need or doesnt have a ok life so they struggle and the only way to let it out is by doing those things so i think you parents should really pay attention to your children.... dab

I think North Miami Middle is a nice school for my child but it can be better if there are no more fights. Also if they do not have food fights in the cafeteria. I think these children need to also learn some manners for their teachers and principal and security guards.

as a former 8th grade student in north miami i believe that this should be an alternative school.this school has no education and doesnt teach me anything.ive seen kids get bullied so many times.ive also been a victim of being bullied.this school had way more discipline last year then this year.i think this school is just a bad environment which is why im leaving

I think that north miami middle school is a great school for my child and other students.

Last modified North Miami Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.