North Miami, FL
Students enrolled: 1,730
Before care: Yes

David Lawrence Jr. K-8 Center 2

Posted June 30, 2014
David Lawrence is not the best school. I should know, I go there.there are many kids there that do.. Adult things. It's very inappropriate and if you want your kid to not be around that then I suggest another school. The principal and staff are okay. They're not the best but noth the worst either. I am starting 8th grade in a few weeks. Same school. I'm not looking forward. Let's just say I'm more looking forward to transferring to a new school when I move. Also, why take advice from the parents. They're not in school with their child. The child's report card doesn't explain what's happening in school personally, just academically. That's just my opinion. I hope you agree.

Posted August 01, 2013
i love m y daughter's school this is her first year :) the teachers are great with the students

David Lawrence Jr. K-8 Center 3

Posted May 16, 2013
I have witnessed many questionable instances at DLK8. Since last yr, I have noticed that my daughter has been having too many little issues with some of the other kids. At first, I thought she was being very uncooperative, but now I understand she s being provoked. She responds and reacts when she feels fomented. She tried several times to let an adult know, but no one barely listens to her. She s being bullied and the no tolerance atmosphere that DLK8 is advertising is just a mask. For yrs I ve trusted the professional judgment of the faculty and staff, but now I have my uncertainties. I suspect the principal is racially biased. There are times in which I inquire about the rationale on why a certain decision was made and I get the impression that it was his call and everyone is too intimidated to question him and advocate for my daughter. Academically, I have no complaints. The teachers are admirable. Socially, this school needs much to improve on. My daughter is learning that justice is a luxury only a few can afford. I'm trying my best to do my part in helping my daughter with her social frustration, but she spends up to 8-10 hours at school. She also needs support there, too.

David Lawrence Jr. K-8 Center 1

Posted April 02, 2013
David Lawrence Jr. K-8 Center I Jennifer Erickson, write this letter to file a complaint, due to the fact that my son Nicolas Gonzales was left unattended after he had thrown up and pooped on his pants. The School made a call to my mother Nubia Erickson at 11:23 am in which they let her know that my son was sick. She arrived to the school at 12:13 pm and found Nicolas, alone in the bathroom, helpless and crying for help. After confronting the school secretaries about leaving him alone and unattended, they replied by saying that he was 5 years old and that he had to clean and take care of himself. Nicolas is a 5 year old, not an adult and leaving him alone in the situation he was is unacceptable. If there s a school nurse, then I can't understand why my son was left this way.

Posted May 03, 2012
Amazing school with great staff, outstanding technological projects guided by science teachers and involved parents, my son loves the hands on engineering projects, you can see them in their yard!

Posted April 13, 2012
I love this school! They have great programs in place and involve the parents in everything. They are aggressive in educating the children about anti-bullying which is a plus these days as this issue progresses in our society. They have a strict no bullying policy. The staff is tremendous! They are very caring and supportive in every aspect of your childs education. I am so thankful that I have my children in this school and recommend it to any parent in the area looking for an A+ school!

Posted September 02, 2011
my kids go here and there grades have come up to As and Bs from Cs and Ds from there prev, school this school is run great

David Lawrence Jr. K-8 Center 2

Posted August 29, 2011
"A school with the right infrastructure, a great potential regarding student and teachers, but the wrong management team". Sadly, an "A' school that did not meet the minimum criteria of "No Child left behind" The biggest problem: Top Administrators of the school. The place is basically managed as their backyards. Gifted classes mainly suit for the children of the staff ,Viceprincipal and related friends, representing obvoius situatuations of "Confilct of Interest" Sadly, no comment is well receive by the school. The only thing a parent or a student can expect as an answer, is betrayal

David Lawrence Jr. K-8 Center 4

Posted May 13, 2011
The principal is very involved. I've had a few little problems and he wastes no time speaking to me about them. My child had an exceptional kindergarten teacher but had a so-so 1st grade teacher. My child has learned a lot at this school overall. There is a lack of security guards or maybe it's a lack of control over the children that's why I didn't give this school a 5 star rating. I overheard the assistant principal speaking negatively about my child's teacher (wasn't a major issue) but I believe conversations like that should be private. If she thinks negatively about my child's teacher what message does that send me?? This school is kept clean and the landscaping is kept nice as well. The PTA is awesome, they raise money for improvements and extras around the school.

David Lawrence Jr. K-8 Center 0

Posted October 13, 2010
We have a great teaching staff and a very hands on principal.

David Lawrence Jr. K-8 Center
15000 Bay Vista Blvd, North Miami, FL  33181
Last modified David Lawrence Jr. K-8 Center is a Public school that serves grades PK-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.
David Lawrence Jr. K-8 Center Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 41 reviews. Top