1,694 students|Dade

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Just right (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Ineffective (1 response)

Posted July 26, 2016
I just graduated from this school and my opinion on it is AMAZING David Lawrence and it's staff not only care about how you excel in the school but they will push you to do great. Honestly after enduring 5 years there. I really miss it because it's the memories that you make there that count and who you make it with. Like the school Anthem said " David Lawrence you will always be apart of me".

David Lawrence Jr. K-8 Center
Develops honesty: Strongly disagree

Posted August 19, 2015
Teachers unfairly denied my son an award because I as a parent, have contacted the district office on a few occations with my concerns. In response, my 10y/o's teachers wouldn't acknowledge him in front of his peers for a major accomplishment. What type of teachers get revenge by hurting a chikd?

David Lawrence Jr. K-8 Center 2

Posted August 19, 2015
My sons and I have had a horrible expierience at this school. The Pricipal fought me on having one of my sons tested for gifted when he was in gifted classes on the West Coast and even once all the necessary documentation had arrived he still wanted to make him wait until the following school year to test. Thats was just a snowflake in the snowball of incidents that have taken place in the last 2.5 years my son/sons have attended. As of recently my 10 y/o sons teachers maliciously & callously, refused to award him the perfect attendance award for the entire year when he came there everyday and all DCPS records show he had perfect attendnce but his teachers were so mean spirited and filled with anger towards me for being a verbally outspoken concerned parent that both of his teachers together refused to acknowledge my son before his peers during the awards presentation. He was given the trophy in the office by the administration once they varified his perfect attendance, which the teachers knew would happen, they accomplished their sinister goal. To hurt a 10y/o's feelings. This school is a very weak 6 on the 1-10 scale & I have transferred one of my boys & am looking for a remedy to the others.

David Lawrence Jr. K-8 Center 2

Posted June 30, 2014
David Lawrence is not the best school. I should know, I go there.there are many kids there that do.. Adult things. It's very inappropriate and if you want your kid to not be around that then I suggest another school. The principal and staff are okay. They're not the best but noth the worst either. I am starting 8th grade in a few weeks. Same school. I'm not looking forward. Let's just say I'm more looking forward to transferring to a new school when I move. Also, why take advice from the parents. They're not in school with their child. The child's report card doesn't explain what's happening in school personally, just academically. That's just my opinion. I hope you agree.

Posted August 01, 2013
i love m y daughter's school this is her first year :) the teachers are great with the students

David Lawrence Jr. K-8 Center 3

Posted May 16, 2013
I have witnessed many questionable instances at DLK8. Since last yr, I have noticed that my daughter has been having too many little issues with some of the other kids. At first, I thought she was being very uncooperative, but now I understand she s being provoked. She responds and reacts when she feels fomented. She tried several times to let an adult know, but no one barely listens to her. She s being bullied and the no tolerance atmosphere that DLK8 is advertising is just a mask. For yrs I ve trusted the professional judgment of the faculty and staff, but now I have my uncertainties. I suspect the principal is racially biased. There are times in which I inquire about the rationale on why a certain decision was made and I get the impression that it was his call and everyone is too intimidated to question him and advocate for my daughter. Academically, I have no complaints. The teachers are admirable. Socially, this school needs much to improve on. My daughter is learning that justice is a luxury only a few can afford. I'm trying my best to do my part in helping my daughter with her social frustration, but she spends up to 8-10 hours at school. She also needs support there, too.

David Lawrence Jr. K-8 Center 1

Posted April 02, 2013
David Lawrence Jr. K-8 Center I Jennifer Erickson, write this letter to file a complaint, due to the fact that my son Nicolas Gonzales was left unattended after he had thrown up and pooped on his pants. The School made a call to my mother Nubia Erickson at 11:23 am in which they let her know that my son was sick. She arrived to the school at 12:13 pm and found Nicolas, alone in the bathroom, helpless and crying for help. After confronting the school secretaries about leaving him alone and unattended, they replied by saying that he was 5 years old and that he had to clean and take care of himself. Nicolas is a 5 year old, not an adult and leaving him alone in the situation he was is unacceptable. If there s a school nurse, then I can't understand why my son was left this way.

Posted May 03, 2012
Amazing school with great staff, outstanding technological projects guided by science teachers and involved parents, my son loves the hands on engineering projects, you can see them in their yard!

Posted April 13, 2012
I love this school! They have great programs in place and involve the parents in everything. They are aggressive in educating the children about anti-bullying which is a plus these days as this issue progresses in our society. They have a strict no bullying policy. The staff is tremendous! They are very caring and supportive in every aspect of your childs education. I am so thankful that I have my children in this school and recommend it to any parent in the area looking for an A+ school!

Posted September 02, 2011
my kids go here and there grades have come up to As and Bs from Cs and Ds from there prev, school this school is run great

David Lawrence Jr. K-8 Center
15000 Bay Vista, North Miami, FL  33181
Last modified David Lawrence Jr. K-8 Center is a Public school that serves grades PK-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.