North Palm Beach, FL
Students enrolled: 1,081

The Benjamin School 3

Posted June 20, 2014
We left this school after my children had advanced to middle school due to an out of state move. Surprisingly my kids were behind the public school in CT and needed to be tutored! In my opinion the teachers care very much for the students and the head of school cares very much about lip service and fundraising. It is all we ever hear about at every single event! We found the programs relatively strong, except for the Chinese program at the middle school level, which is a complete disaster.

Posted June 04, 2014
This is truly an amazing school! One of the "best" in South Florida. Amazing administration and teaching staff. If your looking for a true private school education, look no further than this school. They are amazing.

Posted September 26, 2013
I have been attending the Benjamin school since pre-K and I couldn't even begin to say how happy I am here. I could read and write by the time I was done with pre-k. I also have been taking French and Spanish since first grade, and I can now speak French fluently. I also have played the Clarinet for three years, and the violin for two years. I have been offered the opportunity to take dance class for the first time last year, and enjoyed it very much. I was also a cheerleader for a year, and I am now playing tennis. This school has so many opportunities with the arts program, sports, and academics. I am also taking high school level algebra in 7th grade. For the past two years I have won the school spelling bee and placed 7th at the regional competition. Also at this school I have never witnessed any bullying. There is no racial intolerance, every religion is accepted, and every ethnicity is welcomed. This year a girl moved to my school from Vietnam. I have seen multiple people reach out to her and help her with anything she needs. I am constantly challenged at this school and think that there is no better place to put your children. Overall this is a phenomenal school.

Posted August 17, 2013
We drive forty minutes each way for my child to attend Benjamin Middle School and it is well worth every mile and every penny. The school appears financially stable. Admissions testing assures that all students are on the same page academically. That means financial resources can be used toward academic enrichment, the arts and athletics. ALL students are held accountable for their behavior and academic performance (I have not witnessed exceptions to this based on ability to donate). Awards are based on student merit, not on parent donations. The teachers are amazing and I can't imagine the administration allowing any teacher to be bullied by a parent. There are more than enough extracurricular activities for many different interests. My child became much more responsible with homework, and much more organized, after only one year here. Improvement in ERB scores as well!

The Benjamin School 1

Posted August 10, 2013
I attended this school Pre-K through 7th grade. Being a student of color, I was always the odd one out. While I was a student there, I was made fun of for being different because I was not white. Benjamin claims to have an anti-bullying policy but, they actually do not care as long as they're getting your money. The teachers and most of the students were prejudice. They assumed I was ignorant because of my skin color. My teachers would dumb things down for me because of my skin color and not my intelligence. Do not send your child to this school if you are colored. I was miserable there and I don't want anyone else to be treated the way I was treated.

Posted July 25, 2013
Well worth the tuition for middle school and high school; the curriculum is so much more strenuous than any public school in the area. Great and caring teachers and faculty for this tender and difficult age (especially middle school). The character building is also essential at this age and not being appropriately addressed in public middle and high schools. The Benjamin School focuses on this and creates well rounded individuals as well as top academic students. We are very satisfied with The Benjamin School.

Posted April 23, 2013
We love this school! My child is doing amazing here! The quality of education is unbeatable in this area.

Posted December 26, 2012
I have two daughters, both will be attending Ivy League colleges as a result of attending The Benjamin School. The oldest graduated in 2012 and is attending Cornell and the youngest just received an early decision to attend the University of Pennsylvania in the fall of 2013. The academic culture at this school is second to none. I highly recommend sending your child to this school if you want them to be well rounded and prepared for college!!!

Posted August 26, 2012
I have four children that are thriving at Benjamin. They all have different personalities and each learn differently as well. The student to teacher ratio is small. The teachers know our children well and are able to customize their learning experience. My children transferred from great schools in Minnesota, yet our experience at Benjamin is much better. Benjamin has a strong leadership, great teachers and provides a very comfortable environment for our children. Our children are eager to attend school each morning. The programs are challenging yet taught in a way that keep the children engaged. The teachers are constantly taking extra-curricular courses to learn about the different and better methods for teaching and learning. The school has a great focus on teaching our children about life skills. We feel very blessed to be a part of The Benjamin School community.

Posted July 28, 2012
My daughter will be a senior at Benjamin this year..the last of 14 years. Yes, there were a few bumps, some bullies in middle school, and yes, some were from well to do families. I doubt this problem is confined to economics or private schools. Benjamin has been a wonderful, amazing experience. My daughter will tell you herself how grateful she is to her father and l for giving her the opportunity to attend Benjamin. We have seen numerous families leave the school over the years, some to save the money for college and others over sour grapes. Families that are about who has more money tend to have children who judge each other over homes, clothes and cars. Over the years my daughter has had friends of every color, every religion, and every economic status. Values might be reinforced at school but they are taught at home. Some critics might want to think that over.

The Benjamin School