1,026 students|Sarasota

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Just right (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Very effective (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Teacher (1 response)

Imagine School At North Port
Grateful to: Teacher

Posted May 05, 2016
I am the grandparent of a student in Mrs. Terhune's kindergarten class. I am very impressed with the growth that I see in my grandson. This teacher has given him the necessary skills that he needs for 1st grade. In addition he reports that she is kind, patient and fair. I am a teacher as well and each time I see my grandson he has new things to share that he has learned. From a peer perspective I am impressed with Mrs. Terhune.

Posted March 28, 2016
Teachers only go there to collect a paycheck. Not one of them actually care about the kids

Posted July 17, 2015
Excellent school! Great teachers and administration are at the school. My son is thriving at this school. My wife and I couldn't be happier.

Imagine School At North Port 2

Posted April 15, 2015
VPK PROGRAM: If your kid is normal, a round peg, then this school is probably great. My son is ADHD and has sensory integration issues but has a first grade reading level and has second grade math skills. They refuse to work with him. The therapists and OTs have offered advice and plans yet they refuse to follow through. Even the Sarasota school board has said they have failed him. The other kids seem to do fine but if your child needs a bit of help or is just a square peg... I'd try something else.

Posted August 31, 2014
My daughter moved to this school from another where she just wasn't thriving. The other school wasn't bad (my other children attended with no problems) it just was not a fit for her. We loved Imagine from day one. After touring the school she made the decision to not wait until the beginning of the next school year to start, and wanted to move mid year. She had no trouble transitioning, and they all made her feel welcome. She is receiving a great education there, and the staff are always attentive, they answer emails promptly, and they are just all around helpful. She is on honor roll every quarter and quite often gets straight A's. She loves school now. I have never regretted changing to Imagine.

Posted July 22, 2014
I do not like this school. If I could rate it a zero I would but unfortuantely I can't. I transferred to Imagine my sophomore year of high school from North Port High, If I could go back to NPHS I would in a heartbeat. The new principle at this school turned the school upside down. Everyone that went to the school my sophomore year left because they can't stand the school. I'm a senior now and the school is STILL falling apart. Not to mention the new teachers are terrible except for 2. This school is really bad I'm sorry.

Posted April 23, 2014
GREAT SCHOOL. I have 2 children attending and this school displays a wonderful learning environment. The teachers collaborate, the principal is energetic and caring of each student, and the students are held at a high standard of behavior which makes learning easier for all. Whether your child is advanced or needs extra help, they have curriculum in place for each type of learner. So happy to have a solid education choice in this area!! Highly recommend.

Posted February 25, 2014
I've had children in 8 different schools over the past 16 years, and Imagine North Port is the best of all of them! No school is or can be perfect, but this is the only school I've seen that teaches children at their own individual level, not just a standard grade level...and for this they get my 5 stars. My 8th grader has been put into advanced classes here, and was ignored at other schools. My 2nd grader has been given advanced reading, but extra help in handwriting. PRAISE PRAISE the teachers and principals...the students are there to learn, and Imagine North Port gives them every opportunity for that! They serve healthy lunches. There are oodles of after-school clubs and sports for the middle and high school. My kids don't like to wear uniforms which unfortunately they require. Bussing needs improvement as they only have 4 busses. I have to drive my kids to school as no morning bus comes, but I still really like this school so I do it. They do offer before and after care which is nice. They are cutting choir next year, which is very disappointing. But as no school is or can be perfect...Imagine North Port is the closest I've seen a school come to perfection yet!

Posted February 12, 2014
If I could write a review and give a "zero" star status I would. The administration at this school is a joke. Since the new principle this school seems to be falling apart. There is NO follow through for ANYTHING here. Science projects were due before winter break in DECEMBER, and here it is the middle of FEBRUARY and the students JUST received their display boards. What message is this sending to the kids? New students to this school year STILL have yet to recieve any new student paperwork/handbooks after multiple inquiries to teachers and administration. They NEVER answer their phone when a call comes in and any time my child has been absent after calling and sending in a note it is still marked unexcused. Dozens and dozens of phone calls have been made to make administration aware of issues with only repetitive responses that the concerns are being addressed, but they NEVER are. A kindergarden student was left at the wrong bus stop earlier in the year and NOTHING happened as a result...no disciplinary action to the driver and no policy change. Did that student need to have something tragic happen to make someone notice?? Again, admin is a joke, the school is horrible.

Imagine School At North Port 2

Posted February 08, 2014
NOT impressed anymore! I did have high hopes for this schools ability to provide an excellent education for my child. I volunteer and I am a constant presence in this school. I speak with the teachers and let them know my child's strengths/weakness'es. They are also aware that I am a hands on parent. I have been in more than one conference regarding grades, homework, class work, etc. They know that I want to be aware of any potential learning issues prior to the progress report and certainly the report card. I witness lots of "free" time or free for all, in the class rooms. Plus hours of homework daily. The teachers are getting their lessons from random internet sites and it looks like each teacher is on his/ her own with this? Class rooms and public spaces are always filthy. Lice is a constant issue. Needless to say, I am over it ....upset today! 2nd term report cards out and again, I am ambushed with my child's grades. Very worried that my child is falling between the cracks! Mine is quiet, not a trouble maker, not a bossy or out spoken child so my fear is coming true! Classes too crowded, new & inexperienced teachers not in control, and-We will be leaving for a new 3rd grade!

Imagine School At North Port
1000 Innovation Avenue, North Port, FL  34289
Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 53 reviews. (941) 426-2050
Last modified Imagine School At North Port is a Charter school that serves grades K-9. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.