North Port, FL

Atwater Elementary School
Develops respect: Disagree

Posted May 21, 2015
Overall, I feel this school is lacking a strong confident leader. Two of my children have attended Atwater Elementary. The aftercare team and front lobby staff are very compassionate and professional. Besides that. What I have experienced is the "chain of command" turning the cheek when a situation needs to be handled and resolved. I've experienced, Language/Speech Therapy poorly inconsistent. IEP/504 care team, in other words signatures required. Conclusion, a weak school.

Posted October 26, 2014
The First grade AWC teacher is amazing! We are hoping for the same challenge in second grade.

Atwater Elementary School 2

Posted October 23, 2014
As a parent I am not impressed. It is obvious that the teacher and the admin do not communicate or get along. My child has even asked questions about this. The discipline is a huge concern. Kids are not suspended or given consequences as deserved. My child sits in class with a kid who disrupts it daily. My child can not learn in that environment. Children are violent with each other, fighting, cussing, etc. nothing ever gets done. When the teachers are asked about it, they just say their hands are tied. Its disheartening. There are so many good teachers there who are not supported the way they need to. They can not run an effective classroom with severe behaviors disrupting the classroom consistently.

Posted June 23, 2014
Love the uniforms! Love the teachers! Love this school!!!! I can not say enough good things about the school!

Posted May 19, 2014
Have had our children go to this school since it opened. Great involvement of Parents, Teachers and staff. We love the education level our children receive in the advanced class. Teachers have been thoroughly involved and genuinely care about each student.

Atwater Elementary School 4

Posted April 17, 2014
We transfer from Memphis Tenn in April, 2014, to our surprise school has FCAT going on and school ends June2, 2014. But the way my boyz were welcomed and how happy they are coming home makes it worth it. From the little interaction I have had with the staff I appreciate them especially Front staff and the Principal is great to see around high fiving kids and waving to parents. So thank you Atwater Elementary you are a Great School!

Posted February 11, 2014
Atwater is a great school! The principal is always out and about and I've seen him every time I attend a function. When I needed to speak to him about my child he called me back the same day and took the time to listen to what I needed. The teachers have all be great and are willing to go the extra mile to help students. They communicate with parents frequently and homework assignments are very organized. We moved a lot before settling in this area so my son has been to 5 elementary schools in Iowa, Florida, and South Carolina, Atwater is one of the best we have encountered!

Posted February 06, 2014
My son attended school here since they opened. I have NEVER loved a school so much. I wish he could go through high school in this school. Administration is on the ball, receptive and progressive. I cannot say enough GREAT things about this school. Don't question sending your child here. It's amazing. The before and after childcare program was awesome as well.

Posted October 24, 2013
We love, love, LOVE this school! The relationship that the Principal, Mr. Hutchinson has with these kids is like nothing I have seen anywhere else. They think he is the greatest, most sincere, caring guy out there. That caring trickles down to the staff. No body passes the buck at this school, every child counts, every concern counts. 3 of 4 of my kids have attended this school and every day is a blessing.

Posted January 19, 2013
Love!! Love!! We love Atwater Elementary.. we have 3 children attending. Everyone that works here has been nice to our family, the front office staff, all the teachers, the cafeteria staff, and the principal are SO friendly. We highly recommend this school. :)

Atwater Elementary School
4701 Huntsville Avenue, North Port, FL  34288
Last modified Atwater Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Atwater Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 12 reviews. Top